[MEGATHREAD] The SWGoH Community Team is Growing

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    MKIceman wrote: »
    Someone mentioned something earlier about fun polls and lists to make it feel like we are being heard. I don't want to feel like I'm being heard, I want to be heard. The problem is I expect action and I don't think that's CG_Doja_Fett's job.

@CG_Doja_Fett can you tell us what are your responsibilities and, more importantly, what action we can expect from CG as a product of those responsibilities? I don't mean, what can we expect you to do. I mean, what can we expect from CG that may be different from the past, now that you're here? For example, can we expect solutions to game breaking bugs that had been reported since months or even years ago? Can we expect balance adjustments and reworks to old characters that had been promised by CG since 2018? (To be clear, it might be ok if the answer is no, but an answer is better than no answer, even if I don't like the answer.)

Maybe you already mentioned this, I apologize as I'm having difficulty keeping up, as you might be too as you attempt to engage with millions of customers.

I think it's time for me to make a post covering some of this. I'ma write it up and it should be up soon (tm)

Lol soon tm usually means 3 to 6 months.... lol

Thanks for doing that though
  • Are we talking character art?
  • If so windu and Rey could use an art touch up
  • exile038
    138 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    What about crumb? Is he staying at CG?
    I'm not dead yet! My role is not changing and Doja's coming in to bring some additional firepower

source.gif

ntbvfvfu1e92.png

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    There isn’t one scheduled for this month. We might get next one next month. They’ll let us know if/when they have a Q&A planned anytime soon.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Someone mentioned something earlier about fun polls and lists to make it feel like we are being heard. I don't want to feel like I'm being heard, I want to be heard. The problem is I expect action and I don't think that's CG_Doja_Fett's job.

CG_Doja_Fett can you tell us what are your responsibilities and, more importantly, what action we can expect from CG as a product of those responsibilities? I don't mean, what can we expect you to do. I mean, what can we expect from CG that may be different from the past, now that you're here? For example, can we expect solutions to game breaking bugs that had been reported since months or even years ago? Can we expect balance adjustments and reworks to old characters that had been promised by CG since 2018? (To be clear, it might be ok if the answer is no, but an answer is better than no answer, even if I don't like the answer.)

Maybe you already mentioned this, I apologize as I'm having difficulty keeping up, as you might be too as you attempt to engage with millions of customers.

I think it's time for me to make a post covering some of this. I'ma write it up and it should be up soon (tm)

Learning
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

@CG_Doja_Fett can you tell us what are your responsibilities and, more importantly, what action we can expect from CG as a product of those responsibilities? I don't mean, what can we expect you to do. I mean, what can we expect from CG that may be different from the past, now that you're here? For example, can we expect solutions to game breaking bugs that had been reported since months or even years ago? Can we expect balance adjustments and reworks to old characters that had been promised by CG since 2018? (To be clear, it might be ok if the answer is no, but an answer is better than no answer, even if I don't like the answer.)

Is that better or worse than August (TM)? Asking for a friend.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett already has 306 likes in 39 posts. That's a good start.
  • commander_paw_212
    315 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    @CG_Doja_Fett Do you Know if KAM and Wat will ever be added to the Get1/2 store? I really want KAM but I can’t get him. I figured since ROLO and probe are there they could be added?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @commander_paw_212

You may want to make a thread to ask specific questions and not use this one.

On the added to GET store question, if they do it's not likely to happen any time soon. I believe the others were moved when the Geo TB was introduced.
  • CG_Doja_Fett

What is the air speed velocity of a unladen swallow?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    @commander_paw_212

You may want to make a thread to ask specific questions and not use this one.

On the added to GET store question, if they do it's not likely to happen any time soon. I believe the others were moved when the Geo TB was introduced.

Got it
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Id say better.. lol. But i guess it depends on how close august is to the current date
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Wadthebad wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett

24 wampas/second
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Id say better.. lol. But i guess it depends on how close august is to the current date

I think it's October, but it also is 2020 and I've lost all track of time.
  • Wadthebad wrote: »

African or European?

CG_Doja_Fett

• HK22
    644 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    So as of now, we know very little about the update that is coming on the 27th. I also figure you can't say anything about it until the official blogs are released, but I do have a simple question.

As a player, is whatever that is coming in the next update something that excites your?
  • HK22 wrote: »
    So as of now, we know very little about the update that is coming on the 27th. I also figure you can't say anything about it until the official blogs are released, but I do have a simple question.

As a player, is whatever that is coming in the next update something that excites you as a player?

We are expecting an update at 27th?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »

As a player, is whatever that is coming in the next update something that excites you as a player?

Beginning on October 27, 2020, in order to accommodate the new features and graphics associated with the game’s next update, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes will no longer be supported on some legacy iOS devices.

Yeah. Looking forward to the road ahead to see if this is going to be relevant
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    CG_Doja_Fett

Impossible, 24 is the highest number.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »

Beginning on October 27, 2020, in order to accommodate the new features and graphics associated with the game’s next update, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes will no longer be supported on some legacy iOS devices.

Oooh, I thought that was gonna be about dropping support (and probably a few bug fixes squezzed in). It would be cool if it packs more though.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

Oooh, I thought that was gonna be about dropping support (and probably a few bug fixes squezzed in). It would be cool if it packs more though.

You can definitely expect more packs, yes
  • Ultra wrote: »

You can definitely expect more packs, yes

Heh I fell into this one.
  • Joebo720 wrote: »

African or European?

Yes always answer a question with another question
    Joebo720 wrote: »

African or European?

Yes always answer a question with another question

You've clearly never heard of Monty Python
  • At least, a community manager and his start is very good.
    I hope it will go on.
  • There is an update on 24 Oct? Didn't know abt that...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Looooki wrote: »
    There is an update on 24 Oct? Didn't know abt that...

@Looooki do you mean the 27th? (Part may be pushed to 24th and then go full live on the 27th)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/236798/support-for-legacy-ios-devices#latest
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Thks, wasnt being sacarastic but honestly asking a qn :) thks for the update, might have missed thst one :)