SEE in HSTR

gunnymeden
36 posts Member
edited October 2020
How well does he fare? For those who tried... and with which team comps. Thanks!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Lackluster
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Yeah... that looks like about what my DR would get in P4 anyway.
  • It doesn't help that SEE for an "attacker" does no dang damage. That and with a meaningless debuff along with nothing to link AND having no useful debuffs (shock, defense down, ect) as part of his kit... he is not going to do anything at all
  • Sad... complete opposite of SLKR. And the screenshot above is even from P2, arguably the easiest phase...
  • I also see though above he has no ultimate, so probably will do more with the ultimate since there are plenty of opportunities to link in HSTR.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Here's the thing with the Sith raid (and arguably tank in some comps but to a much lesser extent). Expecting to solo it, or even solo a single phase, requires ramping damage abilities.

Sure, you can do a lot with unresistable tm abilities, like JTR in p1, but to truly solo it you need damage. Even the Anakin/NS p3 solo depends on Ventress ramping damage, because the tm loop isn't perfect. Sometimes they don't attempt the debuffs, so Traya does gain some tm sometimes.

And Sion is immune to tmr and can't be toppled. So even if you had a perfect tm loop and he gained no natural tm from speed, you'd be giving him 5% everytime you do damage. So at most you have 300 hits to beat p2, which means every hit of damage needs to be about 174k. If some are less than that or you don't have a flawless tm train (likely both), then you need some of those hits to have huge damage. This works for SLKR who has no limit on how much he can siphon.

I haven't thought of this in terms of SEE, but GML for instance has some issues and I'm still trying to reason whether he could beat p2 (someone will probably just attempt before I can calculate). Because you would think that his Lessons ability would help with the damage, except the character is actually dealing damage twice, so that's 10% tm to Sion. You are not likely to get much more then 70k or so with the unmitigated damage, so that means their normal hit has to be more than 274k (again, assuming perfect tm gain). With Luke's lead, Cycle of Suffering, Master's Training, and the -90% penalty, you are at +140% offense. You may also have critical damage up or offense up. But even so, I don't think you can quite reach 200k after the penalty. Without using that ability, I think you can hit the 174k on some attacks, but before armor.

So yeah, Kylo works because the damage skyrockets. But I don't think we can expect every GL to solo with out some similar ability.

As for SEE only doing 8 million, I would say there needs to be more of a tm train in addition to some damage boosts. It may be a matter of finding the right team with him.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    So rereading SEE's kit, I think the stacking Mastery could be key here. Can the boss become Linked and Deceived? It might be worth it to keep the adds alive and have them be Linked and/or Deceived.

I might be cautious using Sow Discord, as each expose popped on a boss is 5% more tm. So the damage needs to be worth it (expose works on a JTR team because it adds the tm stuff).

So I think SEE could put out some nice damage from his leader ability if you could somehow get the adds to take more turns than Sion. Can always try to keep Sion Fractured, I suppose. Just ideas at this point. It may be he's just not a raid character.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    What about Assassin or Marauder for this? I feel like Vader is wasted here. He can probably get ok damage between Suffering and MM, but with out taking the back to back turns he otherwise just sits there. The dots likely won't stick.