GC a bit too easy

Prev1
Saada
664 posts Member
Since they introduced the new mod material it seems as though the lowered how hard the event is so most people can get as much of the mod rewards as possible. With this current one I reckon a relicd vader could almost solo tier 7.
I got through tier 7 comfortably with vader lead, thrawn and palp only but with MM you can use the event buff every second move and vader becomes unstoppable

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I went with Palp lead and got stonewalled by Shaak Ti until the timer ran out a few times but got it in the end. And yeah, I didn't expect to win t7 with R5 Vader and Palp, G12 Thrawn, G11 DT and G10 Tarkin.
  • I suppose that difficulty spikes (and holes :)) will be inevitable with all this structure of randomized bonuses/penalties for both sides due to game complexity. Sometimes it will be very easy, sometimes very hard.
  • Event special is your friend.
  • Thank you for making this so easy cg. This was great.
  • until they add the new mod salvage to other events GC should be easy and the mats should be obtainable by most player as long as you have one or two relic chars in the squad. it shouldnt take full team comps of r5> teams imo. not because that wouldnt be funner but because they dont give these new mod salvage out anywhere. if they made it available somewhere else for f2p farm occasionally as well then it would be fine to up the difficulty. i could see people quiting if these events were harder and the mats werent available. specially when the event is only 1 week. so think of the alternative on this one before complaining. i dont want to see more people quit the game
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Hortus wrote: »
    I suppose that difficulty spikes (and holes :)) will be inevitable with all this structure of randomized bonuses/penalties for both sides due to game complexity. Sometimes it will be very easy, sometimes very hard.

R5 Vader and Palp should be able to solo it. Try Vader lead and using the event power.
  • lol don't come on here reporting something is too easy. Take the gift and pray they don't alter the deal.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Nauros wrote: »
    I went with Palp lead and got stonewalled by Shaak Ti until the timer ran out a few times but got it in the end. And yeah, I didn't expect to win t7 with R5 Vader and Palp, G12 Thrawn, G11 DT and G10 Tarkin.

I beat it with an R7 Palp lead, R3 Vader, and G12 Tarkin/Shore/Thrawn. It's not a difficult event, keep spamming the event special (especially on Palp and Vader) and you'll be fine. Make Palp tanky if you need to (you basically can't lose until Palp dies).

Edit: Didn't notice that you said you got it in the end - you got T7 with that lineup?
  • Did it with g12 imp troopers with g9 Piett Even without one trooper O_o from impossible to very easy... but, to be honest, I like the easy version more
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »
    GC a bit too easy

image0.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited October 2020

That's exactly what I beat T7 with first try in ~3 min. When Vader is in Merciless Massacre, spam the special and get his offense through the roof. Fracture Shaak Ti. My vader culling blade'd for 400k by the end of the encounter. Got the flawless victory with only Vader and EP at Relic 5 (all others G11/12 because only their debuffs matter, not their damage)
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    All Empire units assist the leader whenever the leader uses a special ability. If Vader's your leader you can spam specials almost continuously. MM, event, crush, event, blade, basic, event, crush. Always try to do a crush on Shaak if she has retribution to avoid a counter. If your supporting empire units are decent, you should have at least 1-2 down and the rest without bonus protection by the time MM ends.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Morgoth01
    493 posts Member
    edited October 2020

I went with G12 palp lead, R3 Vader, G12 Thrawn and G10 Tarkin (for undersized feat) and won within minutes. Didn’t even spam event special much.
    With ST fractured they all fall like flies.

Honestly can’t understand how you had timer issue with the above team?

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    I didn’t even know there was an event special. It was incredibly easy. Granted. R7 palp and Vader help
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

I went with G12 palp lead, R3 Vader, G12 Thrawn and G10 Tarkin (for undersized feat) and won within minutes. Didn’t even spam event special much.

I ended up with Vader vs. Shaak Ti, she had ten up all the time so no debuffs stuck and I couldn't scrach her even when Vader had some 70-ish stacks of the special vs. her 30-ish.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

I ended up with Vader vs. Shaak Ti, she had ten up all the time so no debuffs stuck and I couldn't scrach her even when Vader had some 70-ish stacks of the special vs. her 30-ish.

Still not sure how you would get to that point.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Just solo'd it with R3 Vader lead, g12 Palp and g12 Thrawn in about 3 minutes. Vader OHKO Shaak Ti with full health and protection with his basic at the end.
  • Anarkid
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    too easy
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    "Teacher? Teacher! You forgot to give us homework!!"
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Just solo'd it with R3 Vader lead, g12 Palp and g12 Thrawn in about 3 minutes. Vader OHKO Shaak Ti with full health and protection with his basic at the end.

Solo=1
    Vader+Palp+Thrawn=3

Ah! Of course I meant completed and not solo'd! Good catch!
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    qd2vi8sgt12t.png

Huh. Didn’t realize they weren't gated by stars.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    No... its not too easy. Its just right if they only put these mod parts here.

Leave it alone in that regard.

Just reset the feats daily
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    crzydroid wrote: »

Solo=1
    Vader+Palp+Thrawn=3

Ok, NOW I just went and solo'd it with only R3 Vader, if you'll be generous enough not to count the summoned snowtrooper, who didn't last very long anyway.
  • Did it with R7 Palps, R6 Thrawn, G12 Vader, G11 Veers and Tarkin.

Abuse MM and power up.

Job done. Now this is very enjoyable final tier.
  • I'm all for not making it too hard, but doing tier 7 with this and not losing anyone is probably not the way it's supposed to work. Vader is R3.

2s1n5ybopxu2.png
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • This is how easy this is to do with a relic vader.
    I got the low-man and no-death feats using 3 chars, GL Rey (lead), Hoda and a R4 Vader.
    GL rey only spammed lifeblood on Hoda.
    Hoda's bonuses are only barely "better" than Vader's non-zeta lead or Piett's lead, and Rey being the lead prevents Vader from stacking extra offense from the event buff triggering on every single one of vader's merciless turns.

All you need to do if you have Vader reliced, is stack your best speed mods on him so he outspeeds the enemy team and you win.
    Merciless -> event ability -> normal ability -> event ability -> repeat - Just use the event ability every single time it's up, and eventually he'll start 1-shotting chars, at which point just basic/saber throw everyone.
    255 speed (fairly modest, tbh.) is enough to outspeed them with a full empire team, so that vader is at 4 stacks of the event buff before any jedi even gets a turn. By the end of his second merciless, he can't die.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    I'm all for not making it too hard, but doing tier 7 with this and not losing anyone is probably not the way it's supposed to work. Vader is R3.

2s1n5ybopxu2.png

Rng is rng.

I did it with an r6 thrawn, r7 vader and palps and 2 gear 12.

Felt just fine to me. Lost one gear 12 and almost the second. Vader owned, thrawn controlled jolee and shaak.