Galactic Challenge Cadence

On the topic of the recent announcement, I just wanted to pitch in my two cents that if the concern is generating new conditions with the tools, I would far prefer playing repeats of existing Galactic Challenges to the current cadence. I think a lot of people would agree there.

Replies

• Oh my God yes a thousand times yes. Recycle content if that is what it takes to get more out faster.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    the tools were working fine during exhibition season and now its not???
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

It's working the same, it's just not as agile and spry as doja.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I’m not sure I understand. If the content is already made why can’t they just hoist it up regularly?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Eweff wrote: »

I’m not sure I understand. If the content is already made why can’t they just hoist it up regularly?

Half joking, I don't know all the details, but it's not as agile as we all would like. They will share more when they can.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

My guess is there's an issue with the algorithms that set the battle parameters.

From what I could gather on the communications they put forth before, it seemed like they wanted to basically "hit a button" and it would automatically create the event, including the buffs/debuffs etc and launch it from there. My guess is they're having issues matching up the parameters (buffs/debuffs with allocated squads etc)

Pure speculation of course.
  • RTS wrote: »

My guess is there's an issue with the algorithms that set the battle parameters.

From what I could gather on the communications they put forth before, it seemed like they wanted to basically "hit a button" and it would automatically create the event, including the buffs/debuffs etc and launch it from there. My guess is they're having issues matching up the parameters (buffs/debuffs with allocated squads etc)

Pure speculation of course.

Is the pure speculation supposed to end with a ;) ?
  • RTS wrote: »

Rampant speculation of course.

FTFY.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • As a software engineer, I can't figure any reason why a tool won't allow to schedule an event every 2 days.
    Even microsoft task manager is able to plan any shedule.
  • MosEisley
    35 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Just gonna go ahead and say it...There are no "complications" with GC just another lie by Cap G. With the recent additions of 6D-6A mod salvage they decided they didn't want players to have access to so much salvage in such a short amount of time. But changing things now would be going back on their word and would make them look dishonest. So what to people w/o integrity do best? they lie and create false narratives. It would have been better if they just came right out and said "we wanna dial the frequency back given the new mod salvage" but nope. Please don't be naive and believe that something that was working fine just within the last couple months suddenly isn't? Coincidentally right after the release of new mod salvage??? No.CG seemingly is a company of hopeless people.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As a software engineer, I can't figure any reason why a tool won't allow to schedule an event every 2 days.
    Even microsoft task manager is able to plan any shedule.

This is probably due to lack of imagination on your end, rather than a lack of a real reason on theirs.

You can also note that they didn't say its a scheduling issue.
  • Maybe, maybe not. If it was just down to the new mod materials they could have just rotated them in and out of the schedule. So crystals (or whatever) one week, mod materials the one after.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Where’s the elephant
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MosEisley wrote: »
    Just gonna go ahead and say it...There are no "complications" with GC just another lie by Cap G. With the recent additions of 6D-6A mod salvage they decided they didn't want players to have access to so much salvage in such a short amount of time. But changing things now would be going back on their word and would make them look dishonest. So what to people w/o integrity do best? they lie and create false narratives. It would have been better if they just came right out and said "we wanna dial the frequency back given the new mod salvage" but nope. Please don't be naive and believe that something that was working fine just within the last couple months suddenly isn't? Coincidentally right after the release of new mod salvage??? No.CG seemingly is a company of hopeless people.

Not that you will believe me, but you are actually just wrong, plainly and simply wrong.

it may also be considered bad form to try and say someone is lying without any background or real proof, and just a unfounded thought.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Not that you will believe me, but you are actually just wrong, plainly and simply wrong.

it may also be considered bad form to try and say someone is lying without any background or real proof, and just a unfounded thought.

They've gone back on their word and veiled their obvious intentions plenty of times before. Dont act like the accusation is baseless, even if it shouldn't be the first conclusion.

We all know cg is best at doing 2 things: monetizing new toons and keeping the economy “balanced”.
    I can imagine there are hitting a bunch of technical hiccups they want to iron out, but as others have said, I’m sure we would all rather have stale content than no content, but that would entail too many rewards
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lysandrax wrote: »

They've gone back on their word and veiled their obvious intentions plenty of times before. Dont act like the accusation is baseless, even if it shouldn't be the first conclusion.

This accusation is baseless, I'm not acting, it just is. If not please show me any evidence to back up the claim that they changed the cadence based on them not wanting to give out more mod slicing mats.
  • The implications that CG is impotent to communicate about or make decisions about event cadence and/or rewards isn't really better than lying about their intent. Who is the mystery man pulling the strings about something as trivial as how often events run? I can understand if there is new Star Wars IP involved, but we're talking about repeating existing events...
  • MosEisley
    35 posts Member
    edited October 2020

This accusation is baseless, I'm not acting, it just is. If not please show me any evidence to back up the claim that they changed the cadence based on them not wanting to give out more mod slicing mats.

It's not baseless whatsoever. CG's greed has been on display countless times before..you just choose to willfully ignore since you essentially 'work' for them w/o the compensation part. Why is it that i cant buy stun guns and other valuable gear from the guild store like I used to...? The answer CG greed. Why is it that CG cant add something as simple as new daily challenge tiers or simming for brozium packs...? The answer CG greed. Why is it that CG wont give us a nice (non-even) 5 pieces of gear instead of 3 or 2 when completing GC feats...? FFS 5 is only a few away from 2 or 3...The answer CG greed. And all that isn't even the tip of the ice-burg. Don't tell me what i'm saying is baseless just cause it is mandatory for you to lick CG's boot. Everyone knows their greed and stinginess is real...they just choose not to say it just to be nice.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020

It's not baseless whatsoever. CG's greed has been on display countless times before..you just choose to willfully ignore since you essentially 'work' for them w/o the compensation part. Why is it that i cant buy stun guns and other valuable gear from the guild store like I used to...? The answer CG greed. Why is it that CG cant add something as simple as new daily challenge tiers or simming for brozium packs...? The answer CG greed. Why is it that CG wont give us a nice (non-even) 5 pieces of gear instead of 3 or 2 when completing GC feats...? FFS 5 is only a few away from 2 or 3...The answer CG greed. And all that isn't even the tip of the ice-burg. Don't tell me what i'm saying is baseless just cause it is mandatory for you to lick CG's boot. Everyone knows their greed and stinginess is real...they just choose not to say it just to be nice.

So since you have provided no evidence for this baseless claim, should I wait for you to come back and provide that?

Because it's not greed that a company runs its business for profit. Not liking the pace they have set doesnt mean they are doing anything wrong.

But all that I asked for is a response to the statement made that has literally any basis of proof for what was stated. Literally nothing you are saying provides that.
    Post edited by Kyno on

So since you have provided no evidence for this baseless claim, should I wait for you to come back and provide that?

Because it's not greed that a company runs its business for profit. Not liking the pace they have set doesnt mean they are doing anything wrong.

But all that I asked for is a response to the statement made that has literally any basis of proof for what was stated. Literally nothing you are saying provides that.

The only evidence might be that CG in the past has been a very, very money driven company (like most companies) and have made events that either require you to whale on it to unlock faster or take a year to unlock F2P while only a small amount of people will get it F2P in the first days.

Though now that I think of it that isn't any evidence why CG would make GC's only once a week.

Carry on.

I'm not sure how this "new" level of mods is supposed to work then. You only get rewards on the first play through (at least that's how it seems to work with me) so keying upgrades to this event is pointless. it's a complete waste of time.
    This is probably due to lack of imagination on your end, rather than a lack of a real reason on theirs.
    I thought that your job is to protect CG, not trolling the forum users...
    So if not a schedule issue; what's the issue?
    Can't have the same event 2 days in a row? Like it would be impossible to have 2 omega event in a row?
    Can't have 2 events of a different types on the same days?
    Some dev implemented a cooldown ?
    Maybe you are right on the lack of imagination; on their side...
    Which factions are we gonna oppose? Which modifier for each faction and the environnement? Which rewards would be not so mean and still make the players pay? How can we set a massive paywall?

My guess would be, it will be to much free rewards.
    But an actual dev should explain the real reasons why it was originaly planned to be a daily basis event to a weekly; and give us technical details. I know there are plenty of developpers playing the game and we are fit to understand.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    I thought that your job is to protect CG, not trolling the forum users...
    So if not a schedule issue; what's the issue?
    Can't have the same event 2 days in a row? Like it would be impossible to have 2 omega event in a row?
    Can't have 2 events of a different types on the same days?
    Some dev implemented a cooldown ?
    Maybe you are right on the lack of imagination; on their side...
    Which factions are we gonna oppose? Which modifier for each faction and the environnement? Which rewards would be not so mean and still make the players pay? How can we set a massive paywall?

My guess would be, it will be to much free rewards.
    But an actual dev should explain the real reasons why it was originaly planned to be a daily basis event to a weekly; and give us technical details. I know there are plenty of developpers playing the game and we are fit to understand.

It's almost as if they said something and you just choose not to believe it. Which is fine and expected. Trust me, the lack of imagination is on your end not theirs, which is why you jump the the usual suspects (without any actual proof) of why it's not the way we all wanted it to be right now.

Yes, they didnt give a detailed explanation and I wouldnt expect them to. We can agree to disagree on the "fitness to understand" what is going on.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Half joking, I don't know all the details, but it's not as agile as we all would like. They will share more when they can.

It was supposed to provide something to do daily.

If they cant queue this up ever 3 days then hiw were they planning to fulfill the daily something to do?

They werent resetting the feats, strike 1
    They were running it every 7 days, strike 2
    Now its runs for 3 days but only comes back on weekends, strike 3.

Time to put new mods somewhere else and scrap this until they can do it daily
  • I may be overly optimistic, but i hope the 'on weekends' stuff leaves some room for another type of events during weekdays later on.
  • I understand that, for now, Galactic Challenges are launching once per week. Is there any possibility that we could have them remain open for an entire week, rather than three days, if we are only getting one per week?

Leaving it up for the entire week without any additional rewards would at least have them available as a testing tool while we play with our different squads.
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! I've gone ahead and closed this thread due to it turning into back and forth arguments that were starting to get personal. Please remember to keep things friendly and on-topic even if you do not agree with what someone else is saying.

EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.