Mods not working????

Samu515
3 posts Member
edited October 2020
So everything is probably fine but just for conformation when I mod characters the percentage does not increase my characters stat but flat numbers do. Is it in affect but it does not show it??
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    What gear level is the character? If he's below gear 7 he has no natural protection, so percentage based protection mods will have no effect. Only mods with flat protection values found on secondary stats will add to his protection.

Once the character is at that gear 7 you'll notice percentage protection primaries (and secondaries) will begin to affect his protection.
    Post edited by UdalCuain on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If it's not protection and related to the above, you may want to post some pictures so we know what you are referencing
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    You need to provide a lot more details. There are a lot of things with how mods work that can sometimes be confusing.

Percentage stats can either: add a percentage of a base stat (value before mods and equipped gear pieces); straight up add that percent to a percentage based stat; or in the case of armor or resistance, which LOOK like percentage based stats but really have a hidden flat number, add a percentage of the base flat number which is then converted into the percent display.
  • I suppose I should have been more specific the main problem is speed mods. When I add a speed mod let’s say 10% and the character has 100 speed it should increase to 110 but instead it stays at 100.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Samu515 wrote: »
    I suppose I should have been more specific the main problem is speed mods. When I add a speed mod let’s say 10% and the character has 100 speed it should increase to 110 but instead it stays at 100.

Speed mods are a set of 4; if you get literally 0 increase, it is likely because you don't have a full set. Two mods of speed, critical damage, or offense aren't enough. The only ones where you can get the bonus with just two are critical chance, health, potency, tenacity, and defense.

Second, even with the 4-set bonus, it will only increase 10% of their base speed, and not off speed from mods or equipped gear at an unfinished level.
  • Samu515 wrote: »
    I suppose I should have been more specific the main problem is speed mods. When I add a speed mod let’s say 10% and the character has 100 speed it should increase to 110 but instead it stays at 100.

The 10% speed set bonus requires four speed set mods. Other than the set bonus, all speed on mods is just flat values.
  • That’s not how it works. For the 10% bonus you need to add 4 speed mods.
  • To expend slightly on the answer mods have 3 potential different kind of bonuses.
    • Primary - listed on the mod
    • 4 different Secondary - listed on the mod if at the right level
    • Set Bonus - key word here is "Set". A set is either 2 or 4 mods of that type depending on what type it is

As you specified 10% Speed that means you are looking at the set bonus as that is the only % speed increase possible. So as covered by others a speed set requires four total speed mods equipped.

For reference:

2 mods per set are - Health, Defense, Tenacity, Potency, Critical Chance
    4 mods per set are - Speed, Offense, Critical Damage
  • Thanks y’all now I fully know how mods work