GC a bit too easy

2Next

Replies

• mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    So now there's a complain for GC being... too easy?

Really? I must be getting something wrong, right?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    my empire toons are pretty bad outside vader, ep, thrawn

so i enjoyed the easiness
  • The cool down is very player friendly I got my Vader up to 30x 20% buffs and he basically didn't take visible damage one shot the enemies on tier 7.

This mod is fun. but if the cool down was 5 instead of 2 or 3 it would be much harder...
  • I figured out the puzzle, I was persistent in dealing with the RNG and I was rewarded with loot. I even had some fun doing it.

Sounds good to me. :)
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Yeah, I mean, I don't think anyone's complaining necessarily that they got new mod mats with their one good Empire toon. But I think there's just a cognitive dissonance to how easy it is compared to the ramping difficulty of character events and AB challenge tiers, to say nothing of LS Geo. Also, it would be fun to at least do a LITTLE bit of work and not just be down with all gameplay in 10 minutes.
  • If you put relic 5+ Vader in lead you can put Piet and imperial troops at g8 and below and easily beat all tiers.
  • My relic 7 vader can solo all of the tiers, as mentioned above, spamming the event special is your friend.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Yeah, I mean, I don't think anyone's complaining necessarily that they got new mod mats with their one good Empire toon. But I think there's just a cognitive dissonance to how easy it is compared to the ramping difficulty of character events and AB challenge tiers, to say nothing of LS Geo. Also, it would be fun to at least do a LITTLE bit of work and not just be down with all gameplay in 10 minutes.
    Speaking as a member of the non-relic Vader, sub-5m GP crowd, this event was fun.

Assault Battles are a.tedius auto-grind for the first four tiers and a Hellish RNG-fest for the last two, leaving a sweet spot consisting of Challenge Tier 1.

And LS Geo is a fun-sucking exercise is gaming masochism whose only redeeming feature is that the pain of each battle is over quickly.

So a solvable tactical puzzle like this Galactic Challenge was just the ticket today.
  • JaVinci
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Surprised my empire squad could do it. The modifiers were OP.

4pa3gjw08aml.png
    5lmocqp8vxv5.png
  • Hey all and @CG_Doja_Fett
    I think The challenge Full Empire Team isnt WAI. I was able to achieve it with a Ep, Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin and the catch :Darth Revan
    Wasnt able to screenshot it (as rewards were given after battle ended and I wasnt prepared to get the full empire team challenge, just flawless)
    Also, thanks for fixing the Caluclated Risk issue with the summoned character
  • Yeah can we not ever make posts like this? Ya’ll want LS Geo TB difficulty or something?
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Yeah can we not ever make posts like this? Ya’ll want LS Geo TB difficulty or something?

All the other GC's haven't been impossible and lots of people have completed all tiers and feats so the previous ones (beside the last two) have been challenging while these last few have been too easy and not challenging at all. Just because you want the rewards doesn't mean you should get the rewards for mediocre squads.

I liked the idea of rewarding those who invested in a certain faction. For example if someone who had 5 relicd empire characters gets tier 7 feat rewards and those who have a couple at g13 or less can only get to the tier 5 or 6 rewards I think it's fair since they've invested heavily in that faction and deserve some benefit from it.

We all could most likely beat tier 7 with other squads anyway so it wouldn't be like we are missing out on a huge amount of rewards. So in my opinion the event should be hard enough that you need a majority of the faction the GC is directed at to be at relic or close to that level to beat the final tier feat.
  • @Saada The need for exclusivity due to a false sense of elitism is not enjoyable to anyone but yourself.

CG rarely ever throws the majority of the player base a bone, and the disparity gap between low/medium player base and top end is already ridiculously out of proportion. Yet, naturally someone from the top is offended by anyone underneath getting a piece of the pie.
  • I have no relic Empire and only one G12 Empire (Thrawn, used Chimaera a long time), got all feats across all tiers except the final tier's feat for using all Empire.

I tried the final tier several times and failed pretty miserably--but it was fun all the same.

I like the rewards from the past two events, and I like the puzzle aspect. But I think I would prefer if the puzzle was a little more difficult to solve and the event, itself, was easier. As in, it's simple with unusual squads (Like this one with a high relic Vader and a bunch of troopers regardless of their gear) and possible with brute force "traditional" teams. That sort of thing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Turvantus wrote: »
    @Saada The need for exclusivity due to a false sense of elitism is not enjoyable to anyone but yourself.

CG rarely ever throws the majority of the player base a bone, and the disparity gap between low/medium player base and top end is already ridiculously out of proportion. Yet, naturally someone from the top is offended by anyone underneath getting a piece of the pie.

I only had 3 g13 and was content with not getting tier 7 this time, same as the last one where I reckon you should have needed jkl to complete tier (which I don't have). GC caters to everyone no matter where you are at hence the 7 tiers so the final tier and feats should be hard to achieve.

As I've said I was referring to ONE feat not being easily achievable if you can't handle that challenge then I'm not sure why you are playing any game.