Ugh 4th GA battle in a row where opponent has 2x GL and I have 1. Stop it!

Prev13
Strumpoo
90 posts Member
edited October 2020
One time I can chalk up to bad luck, but 4 in a row. Who did I **** off in the mm dept? Grrr

I can feel the hate flowing through me even more for ga..
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• That would be a sign that you probably have a higher number of high relic characters than your opponents in your matchmaking GP - so the person you cheesed off is... yourself.

(I’m in the same boat right now - at least for this week, blew up up my top end by 132K GP in Relic levels all at once to start a GL farm, but couldn’t get the tickets farmed in time to unlock - hopefully next week the playing field will be level again)
  • Strumpoo
    90 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    That is just crap design to punish people for building their rosters instead of heavily weighting GL characters.

GL should count for 50 times more weighting than any other toon since they are roster killers alone, let alone in pairs.
  • Strumpoo wrote: »
    That is just crap design to punish people for building their rosters instead of heavily weighting GL characters.
    People are getting rewarded for acquiring meta characters while keeping their top 80 GP relatively low. It's not a punishment, just the consequences of your choices.
  • Strumpoo
    90 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    No it is punishing me for building a roster instead of top loading my team and gimping everything else

A person should NEVER be matched up vs people with more GL than them.

Shouldn't happen, it is way too unbalanced.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Strumpoo wrote: »
    They absolutely should. Those who prioritize GLs also build their rosters.
    Post edited by RandomSithLord on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No it is punishing me for building a roster instead of top loading my team and gimping everything else

You don't need to top load and gimp anything. But when developing your roster you should be trying to prepare counters for teams you are likely to see.

Not prepared =/= unbalanced.

If your opponents have a GL but you do not then top loading your roster is exactly your problem. A GL requires a lot of relic'd toons, most of which are sub-optimal. If you are facing such rosters then you must also have quite a few relic'd toons.

YOU control your roster development, not CG. YOU are responsible for your decisions, not CG.

Matchmaking has been by GP, regardless of individual characters, since the beginning of GA over a year and a half ago. If YOU have not recognized that and adjusted your roster management strategy accordingly then that is on YOU.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I won against a player with a GL while 1 have none. And I don't have Wat, GAS, JKL or a relic vader. And my opponent has a nice DR, a nice padme, a nice JKR, ...
  • 8 GAs in a row now where I have one less GL than opponent pointless to even play this mode now lol
  • Strumpoo
    90 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    You guys do realize, in order to get more GL I have to relic a boatload of toons right?

Yet your solution is to relic even more toons, to provide non GL counters.

So, there is no way out of my conundrum. It is bad design. It would be an easy solution to weight GLs much higher than normal toons to help fix this problem.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You guys do realize, in order to get more GL I have to relic a boatload of toons right?

So, there is no way out of my conundrum. It is bad design. It would be an easy solution to weight GLs much higher than normal toons to help fix this problem.

You dont need to win a GAC to relic toons.

Yes the way out is to either get another GL, or farm the counter squads.

No none of this will happen over night, but it is possible and others have done it.

There is no need for them to adjust the matchmaking for GLs, or any other meta as they come and go.

Make a plan and work the plan, you can make it work, just like others have done.
    GLs are weighted much higher than normal toons because you have to relic 2-3 squads worth of toons, many of which you wouldn't otherwise g12 much less relic, in order to acquire a GL.

You even acknowledged that fact in the same post...
    Yes. A single squad of toons to counter a GL is much cheaper than 2-3 squads to acquire one. Not to mention that most if not all of the toons in the counter squad you would likely take to relics anyway.
  • So 8 guaranteed losses in row for GA is working as intended. Lol

You guys are too much haha
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So 8 guaranteed losses in row for GA is working as intended. Lol

You have had a fairly long amount of time to build 1 GL counter team or farm a GL.

If you are losing because of a 1 GL difference, that is more than likely based on your choices and not matchmaking.
    So 8 guaranteed losses in row for GA is working as intended. Lol

Today it's GLs.

Last time it was g13s - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/209610/this-is-not-the-ga-matchup-i-was-looking-for-move-along#latest

And before that it was Darth Revan - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202787/this-is-boring-3v3-losing-all-interest-from-me-cause-of-dr-zzzz#latest

What will the excuse be next time?
  • Yep I point out stuff in game that is stupid and broken, so?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    show your swgoh.gg and we'll show you where you messed up your gac mm
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yep I point out stuff in game that is stupid and broken, so?

But it's not broken, you just dont like it. There is a difference. Its great to voice your opinion, and we are just trying to help.

There are ways around your issue, but its seems it's just not fast enough for you. Maybe try a different development strategy.
  • I messed up my GAC by actually building a roster of characters instead of cherry picking the current metas and only focusing on them, I know this.

The fact that someone gets punished for building more of their roster up, is stupid

• Strumpoo
    90 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    There you go, now you can tell me I shouldn't have reliced and/or leveled up so many characters. :)

https://swgoh.gg/p/891184269/characters/
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    high relic BH, all res relic'd but not enough for rey, relic'd empire but not enough for SEE, relic'd rebels but not enough for jkl, relic'd jedi but not enough for jml, r7 on your other FO, r7 NS, then there's stuff like relic'd clone sarge and chirrut.

I mean, it's no surprise you are facing 2 GL's, tbh I'm surprised you aren't facing 3.

first, you should have focused on one GL at a time. I don't like how the matchmaking "punishes" us for building toons, like taking 4/5 reqs (just as an arbitrary # example) to the required relic level while one is still g12, which "forces" us to hoard gear until we are ready to do all the reqs at once, but it is what it is.

the best thing to do, in terms of gac matchmaking, is to hoard the gear until you can take every req to g13 and their required relic level. ideally we should have most of the gear and relic mats etc for the actual GL so we can gear them up right away (plus the zetas), but at least some of the gear can be farmed while doing the events and framing tickets.

We can dislike the system, but again, it is what it is, and we should adjust our strategies to match what the system rewards, if we want to do well in gac. If we only care about tb or tw or arena then putting gear on right away is fine I think
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    I messed up my GAC by actually building a roster of characters instead of cherry picking the current metas and only focusing on them, I know this.

The fact that someone gets punished for building more of their roster up, is stupid

You're not being punished for building the roster you wanted.

If you wanted to be good at GAC, then you should have or be working towards that goal. It seems those 2 goals are different.

Also, no one is punished for building more of their roster up, ever. You only need to counter so many teams and place so many defensive placements. That number (60 or 80) units is it and everything you build after that doesnt put you against anyone different unless they reach the top of your roster.

Pick a goal and follow it, that is the way. If you pick a different path that doesnt lead to your goals/wants/desires, then you are not likely to reach them. The game will not bend to you.
    Post edited by Kyno on
    There you go, now you can tell me I shouldn't have reliced and/or leveled up so many characters. :)

There cannot be many people with 6.6M GP, 85 g13 characters that only have 1 GL.

If they adjusted matchmaking to make sure you only ever faced single GL owners, you’d be the overwhelming favourite every single time. I’m sure you don’t really want that, do you? Matchmaking that is grossly unfair but in your favour?

Taking toons to g13 and into relic level has a large impact on your GP. You need to make sure that you’re getting enough of a return from that investment.

Your full relic 7 NS squad, for example, is a whack of GP for little gain. Even if they complete tier 2 of their Assault Battle, you’d need to complete it every month for 2 years to claw back the investment of relic materials. Ditto your g13 BH. G13 on Bossk is enough for tier 2 of that event (so I’m told).

You and I have nearly identical GP, yet I’ve got 21 fewer g13 toons than you. I’m currently 4 toons away from being JML ready, so I’ll have my 3rd GL and will still be 15 or so g13 toons behind you.

GLs have totally changed the game. I think I’ve taken one toon to relic level (Wat) since January that wasn’t a direct GL or JKL requirement. You have been less focused than that, it seems.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Yes, but you don't need to relic them until you're ready to relic them all at the same time and start farming tickets right away. This will reduce the time where you bloated your roster GP without having your GL to show for it. Do you realize this as well?

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I messed up my GAC by actually building a roster of characters instead of cherry picking the current metas and only focusing on them, I know this.

Punished? You're matched with players that made similar amount of investments into their top-X characters. The difference is just which characters you invested in. Your opponents seem to have made better choices than yourself.

But hey, you know all this, right? So what's your point with this discussion?

Yup, that is a lot of relic bloat. Helpful in other modes perhaps but counterproductive in GAC. I'd be working on single-squad GL counters if I were in your shoes.

Sweet Nightsisters team my fellow NS fanatic. Don't let these guys attempt to persuade you this is all on you because it isn't, it's a very flawed system and has been this way for a while. I'm in the same boat as you want facing the same issues. Normally I can get at the very look least 2/3 each week going up against these GL owners without having one myself but since I decided to go for SLKR, that added bloat on top of the existing bloat is making me wish I had the 2/3 weeks again. The system in play should NEVER handicap someone who enjoys ALL facets of the game. Some of these guys just have trouble seeing that but I'm sure we are doing much better for our guilds in TW & GEO TB's then they are. Best of luck to you building that sweet roster of yours my friend.

The system in play should NEVER handicap someone who enjoys ALL facets of the game. Some of these guys just have trouble seeing that but I'm sure we are doing much better for our guilds in TW & GEO TB's than they are. Best of luck to you building that sweet roster of yours my friend.
    As a double GL owner, soon to be triple GL owner, I’m happy to report that I...

- regularly clear 10+ teams in TW
    - Earn ~70 waves and complete 4 specials in DSTB
    - earn 50+ waves in LSTB (56 last time)

Hats off to you if you’re beating all of those with your roster.

You’ve pedalled this line before, but I fail to see how someone who has all r7 NS and full relic BH is contributing more to either TW or TB than someone who has got multiple GLs.

Roster development is about choices. Those choices have consequences. That’s the way the game needs to work.
  • Some of these guys just have trouble seeing that but I'm sure we are doing much better for our guilds in TW & GEO TB's then they are.
    Wrong. I am about #20 in my guild in GP yet I consistently place in the top 10 and frequently top 5 in TW & TB metrics.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I wasn't naming any names and why I said some. I'm pretty sure you two are more advanced players though (judging based off your activity here in the forums) so I'm sure you guys do great for your guild. Congrats