JKL's role in the game

Prev1
Dirty_Litle_Smuggler
933 posts Member
edited October 2020
I'm curious to see what other people think of as where JKL is going to fit into the game. Here's my opinions/predictions on how he'll be utilized over the first couple months following his release.
Arena: I'm not so sure we're going to see a ton of him in the arena, or if we do, it'll be as a 5th for GL Rey, rather than as a lead. Sure, he can probably make a Jedi team that can take out DR, but with so many other options that people have available for that I'm not sure anyone who can unlock JKL on round 1 won't have a better option.
Raids: He'll probably perform fairly well here, especially under a JKR lead. I don't expect to see his lead being used, since it can't limit bosses' speed. You'll probably get a minor boost to your HSTR scores, but nothing game changing like with GAS or SLKR.
GAC: Another minor boost. Sure, he'll be able to make your Jedi better than they would be under JKR, but it'll be more of a one or the other, not both, since they're going to require a lot of the same toons.
TB: It seems like this is what JKL was designed for. He'll be a leader that will make a second Jedi team viable for LSTB. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leading GAS, Ahsoka, Hoda +1 very effectively, allowing you to keep your GK/JKA for Padme. Whether or not anyone will have him before they don't need him anymore (due to getting KAM at 7* as another route for a viable Jedi team), only time will tell, I guess.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Geo LS TB for a Jedi team. That's it. Maybe some use inside GAC/TW.

Team combs? HYoda and ... Left over Jedi's? JKR and Jolee... Maybe?
    What if we put in Rey under a JKL lead? What about Baby Yoda?

Not much use tbh at least on paper.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Akenno wrote: »

Even in TB he'll be garbage. Who you going to run him with? Only possible options that aren't dumpster fires are Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben and Hoda. Sure, his lead will fix the speed problem, but you don't have enough damage to get through any phases.

Something more has to be coming, right? I mean, why release such a garbage kit for basically the most iconic Star Wars character ever?
  • He could be good leading a KAM GRJ squad. Granted you won’t get the all GRJ bonus due to JKL
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Zanir wrote: »
    Well, alongside KAM he could turn old GR Jedi into a half-decent team.

Because this isn't a Luke kit. This was supposed to be the Mace rework. It's a silly conspiracy theory and I'm totally buying into it.

Except KAM needs all GR Jedi or half his kit is disabled.

Edit: also, most people are many, many months away from KAM, if not years away from KAM.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Even in TB he'll be garbage. Who you going to run him with?
    I was thinking you can have GR with Padme, GK, JKA, Ahsoka and 3PO, Clones led by Shaak Ti, and then Jedi led by JKL with JKL, GAS, GMY, Hoda, +1. Could be Jolee or Ezra, or even Kanaan, depending on who you've got geared up/extra. Max out GMY's speed, limit your opponent's with JKL and let the green goblin rip. If you're having problems with survivability, you'll probably want Jolee there to revive as required/heal. I expect people will have better success rates with JKL than they currently are with JKR, based on how fast the enemies are in TB. If you're trying to run both JKL and JKR, that might be a little more challenging, but you can probably get away with GAS, Hoda, Old Ben and Ezra if they're all geared up. Run Old Ben with a lot of speed and spam ability block to keep the AOEs to a manageable level, daze with GAS and heal up with Hoda.

Because this isn't a Luke kit. This was supposed to be the Mace rework. It's a silly conspiracy theory and I'm totally buying into it.

Edit: also, most people are many, many months away from KAM, if not years away from KAM.
    You are incorrect. It doesn’t turn off half KAM’s Kit, just the bonus at start of battle. And of course it will take for most people to get KAM. That doesn’t effect the theory crafting of where Luke might be best utilized.
  • Zanir wrote: »

That kit for Mace would have been busted with KAM on the team!
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

You are incorrect. It doesn’t turn off half KAM’s Kit, just the bonus at start of battle. And of course it will take for most people to get KAM. That doesn’t effect the theory crafting of where Luke might be best utilized.

LOL that's the only part that matters. It's the part that makes the garbage GR Jedi actually have some damage output.
    Even in TB he'll be garbage. Who you going to run him with?
    I was thinking you can have GR with Padme, GK, JKA, Ahsoka and 3PO, Clones led by Shaak Ti, and then Jedi led by JKL with JKL, GAS, GMY, Hoda, +1. Could be Jolee or Ezra, or even Kanaan, depending on who you've got geared up/extra. Max out GMY's speed, limit your opponent's with JKL and let the green goblin rip. If you're having problems with survivability, you'll probably want Jolee there to revive as required/heal. I expect people will have better success rates with JKL than they currently are with JKR, based on how fast the enemies are in TB. If you're trying to run both JKL and JKR, that might be a little more challenging, but you can probably get away with GAS, Hoda, Old Ben and Ezra if they're all geared up. Run Old Ben with a lot of speed and spam ability block to keep the AOEs to a manageable level, daze with GAS and heal up with Hoda.

And this is the other issue. We need two solid Jedi teams. JKL should have given us that, except all it does is change the only good one that we already have.

LOL that's the only part that matters. It's the part that makes the garbage GR Jedi actually have some damage output.

Did you actually read the kits. Lol. It adds 20% offense. KAM will still make support and healers hit harder. Luke makes up for the damage loss from losing the bonus and then adds to it. They will still have high damage output due to Luke. You need to pay better attention.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Did you actually read the kits. Lol. It adds 20% offense. KAM will still make support and healers hit harder. Luke makes up for the damage loss from losing the bonus and then adds to it. They will still have high damage output due to Luke. You need to pay better attention.

Did you read the kits? I don't see a 20% offense in either of them. But KAM gives offense to GR Jedi based on max health, but without all Jedi being GR Jedi they will still be super weak. Jedi's Will will add 25% offense, but 25% of crap is still crap.

Did you read the kits? I don't see a 20% offense in either of them. But KAM gives offense to GR Jedi based on max health, but without all Jedi being GR Jedi they will still be super weak. Jedi's Will will add 25% offense, but 25% of crap is still crap.

On KAM his ability gives +30speed, +40% max health and +20% offense of all allies are GR Jedi. These will be missed. The second part of the ability will happen. This gives all GR Jedi that are support or healers offense equal to 10% of their max health. So let me give you an example of a team that would be good with KAM under a JKL lead.

JKL lead, KAM, zBarris, Hoda and GMY. JKL’s lead will give all your Jedi 30% CC and CD. It will also help make up for the missing speed from kams ability we don’t get by slowing down all the opponents faster then Luke when he takes his first turn. He also gives out Jedi’s will which gives 100% counter chance, +25% speed and offense. And Hoda will give out +25% offense. Let’s look at GMY as an example. I can get my GMY to 74k health and around 10,800 special damage. With the bonus from KAM he will gain 7,400 offense to his special damage when the fight starts. He goes to 18,200 SO. Then if you give him Jedi Will and the Hoda buff that is plus another 50%. With both buffs his offense will be 27,300 and he will ignore defense.
    zBarris can get to 120k health and 4,700 offense at relic 5. That will put her offense around 16,600 before the other two buffs would take effect and she would ignore defense. She would also be really really hard to kill with her zeta and she counters attack dealing solid damage.
    Just one example but Luke can help overcome the ability KAM would lose and still have a really effective Jedi teamunder Luke lead. So they can be really good together.
  • @Mormanimal81i think the buffs from Jedis will and Hoda buff will effect the 10800 offence not the 18200 . I always thought that buffs effect the characters stats taken at the start of the battle I could be wrong ,only a 4000 offence difference .
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member

I think I'll use him with Erza, Kanaan, Old Ben and Hoda, as Ezra and Kannan are zetaed and so should get a lot of TM
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Don't know about synergy, but he seems like a great plug and play character. Unavoidable and unresistable mass stun seems really, really strong. Time Walk strong (google it, young padawan). He might find a home in a lot of teams, as Thrawn does.
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    I'm convinced that the Road Ahead will be dropping in the middle of the unlock event (Monday/Tuesday), you know... where there's still time to change your mind and whale if needed, but it's a bit more expensive than had you started today.

In that Road Ahead I can easily see three things:

1. GAS will be available in the Journey Guide come August
    2. Announcement of the new game mode content that will be very very geared toward having a JKL to complete at least some portion of it, with an ideal team also including GAS
    3. Hyperdrive-esque Pack that will include enough GET1 to take a character up to 7*, available for purchase multiple times
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Don't know about synergy, but he seems like a great plug and play character. Unavoidable and unresistable mass stun seems really, really strong. Time Walk strong (google it, young padawan). He might find a home in a lot of teams, as Thrawn does.

Keep in mind that it can be cleansed, so not working for self cleansing teams. A good example would be SE.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    removed
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

Keep in mind that it can be cleansed, so not working for self cleansing teams. A good example would be SE.

Totally agree and didn't forgot about that ;) Against SE, plug it in as a leader could be the best option to wipe the floor with those Old Republic Villains. Depending on how Malak could be handle.

Other than SE, I don't see another team which would be totally impervious to mass stun though. Do you have another team in mind ?

I wonder how a traditional CLS team under JKL lead could perform, actually. If it allows the Rebels to move up a Tier, that would be... maybe not wai, but poetic ?

(Obviously, we'll have some answers about Luke's usefulness in a couple of days, but where's the fun in that ?)
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    Other than SE, I don't see another team which would be totally impervious to mass stun though. Do you have another team in mind ?

sith triumvirat
    (Obviously, we'll have some answers about Luke's usefulness in a couple of days, but where's the fun in that ?)

sure... i also go to the next store and buy a laptop because of the shiny LED backlight keyboard, and with no clue whats inside... sry, no fun at all, at least for me...
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    jedilord wrote: »

sith triumvirat

Thx, totally forgot about that. So no SE team, no Traya team, no GL. The Time Walk starting to morph into a Time Warp.
    jedilord wrote: »
    sure... i also go to the next store and buy a laptop because of the shiny LED backlight keyboard, and with no clue whats inside... sry, no fun at all, at least for me...

I wasn't clear. The post is about guessing how Luke will be utilized, not if he's worthy of unlocking him on the first go (if I understood your analogy correctly, as if you wait the Return of the Event to unlock him, you'll definitely have clues about what's inside then). So I was merely saying we will have some answers shortly, but playing the guessing game is fun. For me at least !

• Good suggestions above. Just to throw another out there, I haven't used Visas Marr much in this game yet, but do you think if they gave her a Jedi tag she could be useful under JKL? I know she wasn't strictly a Jedi or Sith in the KOTOR game, but it would be good to get some use out of the character.

Crazy why we are pairing him up with all these long dead Jedi rather than with his Rebel buddies.
  • Damon_Skye wrote: »
    Good suggestions above. Just to throw another out there, I haven't used Visas Marr much in this game yet, but do you think if they gave her a Jedi tag she could be useful under JKL? I know she wasn't strictly a Jedi or Sith in the KOTOR game, but it would be good to get some use out of the character.

Crazy why we are pairing him up with all these long dead Jedi rather than with his Rebel buddies.

Jedi and Old Republic tag, and she would be very useful
  • Damon_Skye
    82 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I was thinking they leave off the OR tag and then she could be handy for JKL in terms of getting those extra benefits on his abilities?
    But either way, just be nice for her to have some synergy with a group hey. If she has OR tag, she can go with JKR team and free up another non OR Jedi for Luke's team possibly.
    Just ideas - good to be able to use her when she is more useful than a number of the GR Jedi.

Even in TB he'll be garbage. Sure, his lead will fix the speed problem, but you don't have enough damage to get through any phases.

LOL
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    BlackIrish wrote: »

Even in TB he'll be garbage. Sure, his lead will fix the speed problem, but you don't have enough damage to get through any phases.

LOL

Yeah that didn’t age well at all, did it? 😂
  • He’s great with JML. Pretty much makes SLKR a punching bag

Even in TB he'll be garbage. Who you going to run him with? Only possible options that aren't dumpster fires are Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben and Hoda. Sure, his lead will fix the speed problem, but you don't have enough damage to get through any phases.

Something more has to be coming, right? I mean, why release such a garbage kit for basically the most iconic Star Wars character ever?

Lol oof....cold take here 😂