Double KAM Shard Rewards & the Continued Silence

Prev1
SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited October 2020
For many months on end, there’s been continual silence on some players receiving double KAM rewards. Due to that, some guilds will have a large swath of players who unlock KAM earlier than should. Multiple threads has been opened on the matter, of which I’ve included below. Not a single peep, not even a simple acknowledgement. This is an important precedent that has been set here, one that can’t continue to go unnoticed. It is my hope that the new community manager will at least read this and work to determine what went wrong here. The community only is asking for fairness - is that so hard to give?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/226604/double-kam-shards-fixed-what-now

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/227959/double-kam-shards/

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/224699/i-received-double-rewards-kam-shards
SnakesOnAPlane
Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on

Replies

• FWIW, majority of those guilds would have unlocked 7* KAM regardless. There were several people that were 30-35 shards away without ever receiving double drops.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    FWIW, majority of those guilds would have unlocked 7* KAM regardless. There were several people that were 30-35 shards away without ever receiving double drops.

Edit: Clarification, yes, some legitimately have 7* KAM now without double rewards, but some now have him at 7* because double drops. Here’s where my guild stands:

i678vceko45k.jpeg

SnakesOnAPlane
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    That's not true, though. Peole with double rewards in my guild were 15 shards short. Guilds were not getting 40+ shards a TB when double drops were a thing.

But WP and MAW aside (that you might call out for some people getting a few bonus shards), GSF got 7* KAM without double drops.
  • You’re correct, and I edited my post above. Thanks!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Too bad there is no achievement for you this time. VERY disappointing
  • Lol man. You still did not let this go? This is half year old thing. Your life would be so much happier if you mind your own business as much as you mind business of others.
  • Pretty sure we're far past the point where CG is going to compensate us for any of the errors any more
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Mikek wrote: »
    Lol man. You still did not let this go? This is half year old thing. Your life would be so much happier if you mind your own business as much as you mind business of others.

I’m happy. Not here to start a scene. I do think this is everyone’s business. Hypothetical, imagine if you were x # of shards short, but knowing that one of those double drops would have put you over the top. I’m guessing you wouldn’t complain.

In the now closed thread, it is totally honorable @Bezu admitted receiving double. I totally respect and appreciate that. Some just took it and ran with it, flaunting it in others faces (on Discord) they would be or did unlock him early because of such.

There was also rumor where some had it happen twice. CG’s server update seemingly implied such, as well (“multiple times”):

21z8dfalq36q.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I think the basic question here is this. Is CG going to remain complicit with the double drops, allowing those who willfully, knowingly took advantage of this exploit to retain the additional shards or will they send out a make good for those that didn't receive this extra benefit and bring all things equal? Or I guess - will they just do nothing. That's likely been the case in the past. So I suppose nobody expects different.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I’m also going to go on the record here and state that the double drops on Special Mission rewards was an actual exploit used by certain individuals/guilds. In fact, these certain individuals/guilds admitted they used it, and even told about it, and how to use it to get the double drops, but CAW Patrol refused to do such. I also truly believe, like in the case of the individual who admitted it happened to them, that they some stumbled across it by accident. Others just knew about It, how to do it, and willfully exploited it. Whether that’s fair or not, we can each decide on our own.

The fair thing to have done would have been take back the extra shards, and it should have been relatively easy to run a query or few to determine who got those extra shards.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jaybee wrote: »
    I think the basic question here is this. Is CG going to remain complicit with the double drops, allowing those who willfully, knowingly took advantage of this exploit to retain the additional shards or will they send out a make good for those that didn't receive this extra benefit and bring all things equal? Or I guess - will they just do nothing. That's likely been the case in the past. So I suppose nobody expects different.

Care to offer any clarification on this?

From my knowledge no player who recieved these has any way of forcing this issue, and the only way they could accept the reward they were given was to accept them all.

You seem to be "blaming" those people, and I'm just looking for a why?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I think the basic question here is this. Is CG going to remain complicit with the double drops, allowing those who willfully, knowingly took advantage of this exploit to retain the additional shards or will they send out a make good for those that didn't receive this extra benefit and bring all things equal? Or I guess - will they just do nothing. That's likely been the case in the past. So I suppose nobody expects different.

From my knowledge no player who recieved these has any way of forcing this issue, and the only way they could accept the reward they were given was to accept them all.

Kyno come on. I know you represent CG and look to defend them with the iron shield of faith. But even you have to have some doubt as to whether this was intentionally done. In fact, I'll tell you how it was done. Publically. I won't name names or implicate anyone at all from any guild. But I know firsthand it was replicated willfully by several in the game.

The way it was done is you had to be online, with the map open in game during the phase change over from Day 3 to Day 4. Once the timer reset, you waited about 5 minutes (that's how long rewards took on average to hit your inbox) and then hit the home key. Then you accepted your KAM shards. Restarted the game and when you got back into the game you had ANOTHER inbox message with the KAM shards again.

Yeah, I know about it. I never did it. My account is clean as a powdered baby's ****. And I'm more than willing to let CG search high and low for anything I ever did wrong. Because I never did. My KAM shards are the same as Snake's above. 79/100.

This was well known. CG knew about it. They fixed it with a server update as noted above. They did nothing about. They didn't take it back or give more out to those who didn't use it. And they likely won't do anything about it.

• SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    @Kyno it was basically the same issue that was used an exploit 3-4 years ago with the daily Challenges rewards. Back then, if you left the screen open when the rewards timer expires, it would re-open the challenges again. That could be done near unlimited. CG fixed that and warned it was an exploit, and considered cheating, prior to the patch.

Yes, others (not in CAW Patrol) told some of us how they did it to get these double KAM rewards. They didn’t view it was “cheating”. I disagree.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    And what is KAM used for?

Is he even useful?
  • Looooki wrote: »
    And what is KAM used for?

Is he even useful?

JML synergy

according to CG that is...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Kyno come on. I know you represent CG and look to defend them with the iron shield of faith. But even you have to have some doubt as to whether this was intentionally done. In fact, I'll tell you how it was done. Publically. I won't name names or implicate anyone at all from any guild. But I know firsthand it was replicated willfully by several in the game.

When was I defending them? What does that have to do with my statement made?

Thank you for the clarification.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Here was something on the Daily Challenges, but there were more posts back in the day I can’t find:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/94362/daily-challenge-bug-abuse

The KAM exploit was very similar.

I really wish CG would go back to openly stating exploits were used. I get that’s not likely a good thing for advertising, but it did make for some better relations with the player base, as it showed us they cared and was doing something about it. Here’s where CG_RyDiggs called out a TB exploit and warned players about using it:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145638/dark-side-territory-battle-possible-platoon-deployment-exploit-warning
    CG_RyDiggs wrote:
    Greetings Heroes!

We're sorry to hear that players have found an exploit of the Territory Battle's Platoon Deployment mechanic. Please know that we have logs of those who choose to engage in this exploitative behavior. Per our terms of service: https://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

6. Rules of Conduct
    When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:
    Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

Please know that we will be taking action accounts found to have engaging with this exploit.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    For the record, this is WP's breakdown (from a public discord server) excluding double drops:
    2tvauzjpet6y.png

So it's really just an issue of some people converting ~20 something shards instead of 10 to shard shop currency.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    For the record, this is WP's breakdown (from a public discord server) excluding double drops:
    2tvauzjpet6y.png

So it's really just an issue of some people converting ~20 something shards instead of 10 to shard shop currency.

Well that's definitely worth four threads (at least?)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    2tvauzjpet6y.png

Well that's definitely worth four threads (at least?)

Sure it is, when you have folks/guilds openly admitting they used exploits to get further in the game, and then turn around and blame it on CG, then it’s absolutely worth it.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Bumping every thread you can find just makes you look bad. And it doesn't help you at all.

• SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    TVF wrote: »
    Bumping every thread you can find just makes you look bad. And it doesn't help you at all.

2 threads, to be fair. But not caring about cheaters and exploits first and foremost before worrying about thread bumps, really shows the sad state of some in the community.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • I think you're only mad because you couldn't post your WORLD FIRST 7* KAM
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    I think you're only mad because you couldn't post your WORLD FIRST 7* KAM

Nah, hehe, I’m okay. I do that in jest (or at least hope most realize that). I think officially our friends in WP should get that WORLD’S FIRST KAM honor. @TMoneyGee <3

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    I still dont understant why does it matter that someone might unlocked KAM one TB before someone else due to a bug. KAM is not a meta defining toon. Actually it is mostly useless. I cound not care less if someone else got it before me and if it was legit or not. It will not affect me in any way.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

2 threads, to be fair. But not caring about cheaters and exploits first and foremost before worrying about thread bumps, really shows the sad state of some in the community.

Lol
  • TVF wrote: »

Lol

Look, I get you and I have had some mostly contentious moments here. But this particular issue is seriously a concern that was never made right by CG. Folks openly admitting the exploit and that they used it. It should make ALL of us that play this game legitimately angry and hurt. It could have easily been addressed, but they chose to walk away.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    There is a list of several things CG never made right. And this matters to you because it has an impact on your whale guild. Other issues had an impact on everyone and they let it go. 30 kam shards who cares. If it delays the measuring contest on a world's first thread I'm all for it.

I agree with you on community affecting issues. I totally disagree with your assessment of me and my guild mates. We should all be united when it comes to taking a stand on exploits and actions that harm the community. No matter the GP of a guild or player, exploits being used is simply NOT good for the whole SWGOH community (nor for any game). I don’t want extra shards. I want folks who had extra shards rewarded, when they shouldn’t have been, to have those removed, whether they accidentally got them or openly exploited such. Punishing folks will be tough, yes, as it’ll likely be a hard determination of who did it purposefully, but CG openly warning broadly, and taking action on extra shards, would do some good justice.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    There is a list of several things CG never made right. And this matters to you because it has an impact on your whale guild. Other issues had an impact on everyone and they let it go. 30 kam shards who cares. If it delays the measuring contest on a world's first thread I'm all for it.

I agree with you on community affecting issues. I totally disagree with your assessment of me and my guild mates. We should all be united when it comes to taking a stand on exploits and actions that harm the community. No matter the GP of a guild or player, exploits being used is simply NOT good for the whole SWGOH community (nor for any game). I don’t want extra shards. I want folks who had extra shards rewarded, when they shouldn’t have been, to have those removed, whether they accidentally got them or openly exploited such. Punishing folks will be tough, yes, as it’ll likely be a hard determination of who did it purposefully, but CG openly warning broadly, and taking action on extra shards, would do some good justice.

Sounds like you’re crying over spilt milk buddy. So what if some people used what was essentially a glitch to get themselves some extra KAM shards. It’s not like it’s going to break the game. Those people that got KAM a little earlier than you are not gonna be unbeatable players once they get him so what difference does it actually make? They fixed the issue I don’t see a reason for them to address it or take away shards from people. There are plenty of other stuff that CG should be, and seem to be trying to address in this game, KAM shards isn’t one of them.