You know what’s really odd about these new garbage GL’s?

Gifafi
6017 posts Member
I’ve seen a lot of threads lately about how bad these GL’s are because they are losing to the old GL’s, and even to undersized squads, no less.

I said, wait until they get their ults, but tonight I just beat a new GL with a seemingly random group of older chars and an old GL. I mean, it was no Vader and wat etc beating Rey, but the team didn’t even have much synergy.
Oh, and the new GL had his ult!! So maybe I was wrong.

So I got to thinking, and what I realized is that it’s almost, an I mean aaaaaaaalllllmost, as if these new shinies aren’t super OP Destroyers of Worlds. In fact, it’s like they’re basically the same power as the last set of GL’s!

Was there anyone that predicted this? I feel like there was at least one post saying this, but for the life of me I just can’t remember the source. Anyone remember?
Maybe End Game isn't for you

Replies

• Lots of people predicted lots of things.

What's that saying about a thousand monkeys?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Those new GL are very meh. But SEE might be the worst
  • I thought JML was the worst? Or was that last week?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Those new GL are very meh. But SEE might be the worst

How many teams can beat SLKR? How many teams can beat JML?

SEE can at least net you 64 easy banners and against most teams

JML can’t even solo as many teams or any noteworthy ones
  • Ultra wrote: »

Just about every team in the game can beat SEE tho. The same can’t be said about the other 3.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Still no idea what u guys are talking abt...

Any proof?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Nvm misread
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You mean CG just released two more GL's, and they're not game breakingly OP? That's a good thing!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Poopfist wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Just about every team in the game can beat SEE tho. The same can’t be said about the other 3.

There is an offense aspect to GAC and TW, all the complaints seem to point to don't use him on defense, maybe this was even intentional to not be a defense oriented team, think I read or heard that somewhere.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

There is an offense aspect to GAC and TW, all the complaints seem to point to don't use him on defense, maybe this was even intentional to not be a defense oriented team, think I read or heard that somewhere.

Can he efficiently beat strong teams (other GLs, GAS, SE...) on offense, though? Honestly asking.
  • ScoundrelRui
    805 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    SEE can solo GAS, he links GAS to someone and drains his protection and because they can't crit hit, he never gets back up after kneeling down.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Nauros wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Can he efficiently beat strong teams (other GLs, GAS, SE...) on offense, though? Honestly asking.

I have no idea. I don't have SEE and after I am done with Luke I am taking a GL break to go after something else. I also personally don't care about GAC or TW (think I have played 1 TW in the last year.)
    Maybe, just maybe, the idea is to not just have all zones be GL team in TW's or a GL in every GAC zone.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Saw SEE solo gas with 501
  • Can't really say anything is trash as i don't have any GL. But you certainly can't expect every new set of GL to be stronger than the last. The power creep would be too much. And 4 or 5 more GL duos down the road and all non GLs are obsolete. If anything SLKR is still too strong when all set side by side. Unbeatable? No, but a tad over tuned.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Saw SEE solo gas with 501
    I did see that. It was kind of funny. 2 or 3 linked turns and gas sits till the other clones are dead
  • Yes - for all the people that put GAS on defense. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • neogeohunter
    112 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I have SEE with ultimate. Working on JML now... what I have learned so far is that SEE can beat every team except SLKR... no way to get through... JML can beat ever team, like Rey and SLKR... both new GL are very bad on defens. The problem: bad kits. I like the idea that all GL are on the same level, but I also expect that each GL can beat another GL... this is not the case for SEE currently.
  • CG said new legend would be with similar power as old ones... They are very useful on TB, and they can auto old legends. They are good enought.
  • Now that i read all those negative comments about the new GL i feel much less excited to get them as fast as possible. So instead of rushing and maybe spending a little to get them faster i ll just get them slowly
  • Now that i read all those negative comments about the new GL i feel much less excited to get them as fast as possible. So instead of rushing and maybe spending a little to get them faster i ll just get them slowly

Don’t bother getting them until they receive a significant buff. As a SEE owner myself I am extremely disappointed in his performance. Extremely. Go for Kylo instead so you can 1v5 my brand new GL :(
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    If you listened to random forum users about new toons you'd never unlock anything.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Now that i read all those negative comments about the new GL i feel much less excited to get them as fast as possible. So instead of rushing and maybe spending a little to get them faster i ll just get them slowly

Consider the source(s).
    Maybe End Game isn't for you