matchmaking with 2 fleet spots

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    GJO wrote: »
    There's no IF.
    MatchMaking DOESN'T COUNT SHIPS. That's a fact.
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I think all of you are beating on herderofnerd unjustly right away. If mm is really comparing the ships both sides are using along with top x toons, it's all on him to not have functional teams.

For a second let's pause that try to figure out if that's the case. If the mm is not comparing ships, he's fully justified to make a matter of this and it's a developer problem.

If it's a fact, show us your evidence. I also think this is the case, but it's hard to make sure.
  • GJO wrote: »
    There's no IF.
    I think all of you are beating on herderofnerd unjustly right away. If mm is really comparing the ships both sides are using along with top x toons, it's all on him to not have functional teams.

For a second let's pause that try to figure out if that's the case. If the mm is not comparing ships, he's fully justified to make a matter of this and it's a developer problem.
    Show us your evidence.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    There's no IF.

Show us your evidence.

Link to the evidence that it does?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    There's no IF.

Show us your evidence.

Link to the evidence that it does?
    I did not assert that it does.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There's no IF.

This is incorrect. Matchmaking does and for a while has had some element of ships counting towards the MM.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    There's no IF.

This is incorrect. Matchmaking does and for a while has had some element of ships counting towards the MM.

Please show us evidence.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    There's no IF.

Please show us evidence.

The conversation about this was before Doja started, I will see if they can make a statement about this.
  • Ship likely is in the matchmaking, just not sure how is done. None of my GAC opponents have the same ground GP as me, whether you count all GP, top 80, top 65, or top whatever. I don’t know what exactly their formula is, I guess no one does.
    There's no IF.

Please show us evidence.

The conversation about this was before Doja started, I will see if they can make a statement about this.
    Please do.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    sloweagle wrote: »
    Ship likely is in the matchmaking, just not sure how is done. None of my GAC opponents have the same ground GP as me, whether you count all GP, top 80, top 65, or top whatever. I don’t know what exactly their formula is, I guess no one does.

It has been shown to be very close on the top 80, I have yet to see a match shown that didnt have a very close top 80.
    Ship likely is in the matchmaking, just not sure how is done. None of my GAC opponents have the same ground GP as me, whether you count all GP, top 80, top 65, or top whatever. I don’t know what exactly their formula is, I guess no one does.

It has been shown to be very close on the top 80, I have yet to see a match shown that didnt have a very close top 80.

Same in my experience. Then if it also looks like that you, how are you sure ships factor in somewhat?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Same in my experience. Then if it also looks like that you, how are you sure ships factor in somewhat?

Because I was told, after a dev checked the code. (He wasnt 100% sure when we questioned it.)

Because I was told, after a dev checked the code. (He wasnt 100% sure when we questioned it.)

Cool then, rest of us also need to know how it works just like we are at least sure top 80 gets used on squad only template (with 8 slots).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Cool then, rest of us also need to know how it works just like we are at least sure top 80 gets used on squad only template (with 8 slots).

As I said, I will ask. We didn't get any more than, yes ships are a part of it. It's not like I know how its works any more than others here.

As I said, I will ask. We didn't get any more than, yes ships are a part of it. It's not like I know how its works any more than others here.

Ok, that's what I'm saying as well. We all need to know as we make decisions based on it just like the rest of the equation.
  • I asked a dev. They confirmed ships are indeed part of the match making calculation.
  • I asked a dev. They confirmed ships are indeed part of the match making calculation.

How many ships/capital ships?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    There's no IF.

This post aged poorly.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I asked a dev. They confirmed ships are indeed part of the match making calculation.

unfortunately we couldn't get details right now and I dont know if they will give the exact numbers right now. but it wont' take long for the community to figure it out.
    There's no IF.

Please show us evidence.
    I asked a dev. They confirmed ships are indeed part of the match making calculation.

@MaruMaru
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    They can’t tell us how MM is calculated or else people with abuse the system
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    They can’t tell us how MM is calculated or else people with abuse the system

Depends on her gear level.

unfortunately we couldn't get details right now and I dont know if they will give the exact numbers right now. but it wont' take long for the community to figure it out.
    There's no IF.

Please show us evidence.

@MaruMaru

I hope, then, that they’re at least balancing the GP for matchmaking because it’s not exactly balanced with the numbers we see. Each ship seems to have its own unique max GP which is only semi related to investments and not at all related to how good the ship actually is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020

There's no IF.

Please show us evidence.

MaruMaru

I hope, then, that they’re at least balancing the GP for matchmaking because it’s not exactly balanced with the numbers we see. Each ship seems to have its own unique max GP which is only semi related to investments and not at all related to how good the ship actually is.

They should not be giving any character or ship a weighted value based on how good the ship is.

each upgrade has a value when its applied. so each toon/ships GP is representative of the investment of materials placed on them.

There's no IF.

Please show us evidence.

@MaruMaru

That's the strategic aspect of the game: use your resources wisely. It's difficult to pair it with the collectible aspect of the game, where you can gear and use the characters you like, no argument there.

There's no IF.

Please show us evidence.

@MaruMaru

Hmmm we already thought ships need to/should count towards mm, yet noone was able to determine how it works this many months since first ship gac started. Noone even managed to prove they do in fact count either. Unless we are told how it does, not much changed. When we know how mm works for squads (at least how many is counted besides possible secret parameters as announced in the initial mm post), this part which is substantially important should also be revealed imo.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    No one
  • TVF wrote: »
    No one

Noone solved it, she just doesn't release what it is.

They won't say. They don't say how many characters are counted for matchmaking, we've just sort of figured out that it's double the number put on defense. That said, people will figure out how many ships are counted in the same way.

My guess? Double the number of capital ships put on defense and 14 ships per defense capital ship. That miht be an overestimation since you don't need 7 ships to attack most of the time, but it's better and safer to overestimate than under.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

They won't say. They don't say how many characters are counted for matchmaking, we've just sort of figured out that it's double the number put on defense. That said, people will figure out how many ships are counted in the same way.

My guess? Double the number of capital ships put on defense and 14 ships per defense capital ship. That miht be an overestimation since you don't need 7 ships to attack most of the time, but it's better and safer to overestimate than under.

So is your guess top 70+what you said and mm is made on that total number?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »

its a reasonable guess, and it may not seem like it when people work out the numbers, but thats probably due to the lower number of ships used and the higher variance in ship max GP. I imagine they use some average value as "1 ship" and multiply by the number they use. less likely but they could have made an "ideal lineup" and use that as the number too.

either way we will get close, and there is no need for us to know the recipe to the secret sauce. it doesn't change the the method to our madness.... develop the most effective units you can use at the lowest number of invested pieces. how much you maximize that principle is driven by how much you want GAC to be your jam.