Double KAM Shard Rewards & the Continued Silence

2Next

Replies

• SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    There is a list of several things CG never made right. And this matters to you because it has an impact on your whale guild. Other issues had an impact on everyone and they let it go. 30 kam shards who cares. If it delays the measuring contest on a world's first thread I'm all for it.

I agree with you on community affecting issues. I totally disagree with your assessment of me and my guild mates. We should all be united when it comes to taking a stand on exploits and actions that harm the community. No matter the GP of a guild or player, exploits being used is simply NOT good for the whole SWGOH community (nor for any game). I don’t want extra shards. I want folks who had extra shards rewarded, when they shouldn’t have been, to have those removed, whether they accidentally got them or openly exploited such. Punishing folks will be tough, yes, as it’ll likely be a hard determination of who did it purposefully, but CG openly warning broadly, and taking action on extra shards, would do some good justice.

Sounds like you’re crying over spilt milk buddy. So what if some people used what was essentially a glitch to get themselves some extra KAM shards. It’s not like it’s going to break the game. Those people that got KAM a little earlier than you are not gonna be unbeatable players once they get him so what difference does it actually make? They fixed the issue I don’t see a reason for them to address it or take away shards from people. There are plenty of other stuff that CG should be, and seem to be trying to address in this game, KAM shards isn’t one of them.

It appears, on face value, you’re condoning exploits due to bad coding. Sounds like a similar argument some others make. That’s unfortunate. As CG reminded us in the past:
    CG_RyDiggs wrote:
    Greetings Heroes!

We're sorry to hear that players have found an exploit of the Territory Battle's Platoon Deployment mechanic. Please know that we have logs of those who choose to engage in this exploitative behavior. Per our terms of service: https://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

6. Rules of Conduct
    When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:
    Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

Please know that we will be taking action accounts found to have engaging with this exploit.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    There is a list of several things CG never made right. And this matters to you because it has an impact on your whale guild. Other issues had an impact on everyone and they let it go. 30 kam shards who cares. If it delays the measuring contest on a world's first thread I'm all for it.

I agree with you on community affecting issues. I totally disagree with your assessment of me and my guild mates. We should all be united when it comes to taking a stand on exploits and actions that harm the community. No matter the GP of a guild or player, exploits being used is simply NOT good for the whole SWGOH community (nor for any game). I don’t want extra shards. I want folks who had extra shards rewarded, when they shouldn’t have been, to have those removed, whether they accidentally got them or openly exploited such. Punishing folks will be tough, yes, as it’ll likely be a hard determination of who did it purposefully, but CG openly warning broadly, and taking action on extra shards, would do some good justice.

Sounds like you’re crying over spilt milk buddy. So what if some people used what was essentially a glitch to get themselves some extra KAM shards. It’s not like it’s going to break the game. Those people that got KAM a little earlier than you are not gonna be unbeatable players once they get him so what difference does it actually make? They fixed the issue I don’t see a reason for them to address it or take away shards from people. There are plenty of other stuff that CG should be, and seem to be trying to address in this game, KAM shards isn’t one of them.

It appears, on face value, you’re condoning exploits due to bad coding. Sounds like a similar argument some others make. That’s unfortunate. As CG reminded us in the past:
    CG_RyDiggs wrote:
    Greetings Heroes!

We're sorry to hear that players have found an exploit of the Territory Battle's Platoon Deployment mechanic. Please know that we have logs of those who choose to engage in this exploitative behavior. Per our terms of service: https://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

6. Rules of Conduct
    When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:
    Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

Please know that we will be taking action accounts found to have engaging with this exploit.

Not condoning but I just don’t think in this particular case it’s as big of an issue as the 2 or 3 threads you’ve made it on would seem to suggest. There are bigger issues in the game at the moment that I think the community as a whole would rather CG put their time and effort into and by the time they do that most of the people this would have affected would probably have or close to having 7* KAM anyway so at some point you’ve just got to move on and focus on the more important issues.
  • CG only cares about cheating if it impacts crystals/their bottom line. The right thing to do here would be to give all players the amount of shards those guilds that cheated received.

For most it doesn’t matter. For those of us who spend to compete high end PvP, it’s an advantage and CG has done nothing about it.
  • I think something worth noting is that a precedent has been set in this game previously, where if more than the intended amount of anything was given out, it was then taken back. Most notably mods when there was the mistake of boosting everyone's mods. They all returned to normal. In the case of tackling bigger issues first, any unintended rewards have been prioritized over any other issues in the game. For instance, 5's bug took months to adjust. The burn bug on the very mission we're talking about, also months to address. If it was giving rewards out to too many people universally, it would have been addressed just as quickly as the other instances where too much was given out.

However, in this case, I dont see them upsetting the balance, where the balance is the highest spending guild in the game.
  • Lol, whales complain about other whales about they might have (or not) get some toys faster because of a bug. Vast majority of players base would care less. If someone suddenly give me extra shards to 7 stars KAM, he will still sit in the bench not geared as I have other priorities to care about. For example those GLs.
  • How do you get double shards?
  • @Boba_The_Fetter

Get double gud.
  • These kind of issues are either resolved right away or not at all. Right or wrong doesn’t matter, it’s just easier to accept that fact and move on.
  • This is an important precedent that has been set here, one that can’t continue to go unnoticed.

What do you think the precedent is? Cause I'll be you it was established long ago ;)
  • @Boba_The_Fetter

Get double gud.

What?
  • So the easy fix would be to make KAM shards drop double for everyone... Let's see what CG does... My guess nothing.
  • It's possible that I got doubled KAM shards every month but there past two. But we shall never know as 2•0=0
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    It would be great if a message for KAM would go out like P4 rewards for Geo LSTB. I’ll keep hoping...
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • TotenTeufel
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    @SnakesOnAPlane are you just upset, you didnt get to post a first to unlock thread?

https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • @SnakesOnAPlane are you just upset, you didnt get to post a first to unlock thread?

Yes, it’s horrible! But I have your friendship, so I’m going to make it through this!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • One last thing, there has been 10 Geo LSTB since launch. That means a guild needs to average 30. Let’s reduce that number to 7, you know for the learning curve. Even then a guild will only need to average 42.8 shards per event. That is not out of the realm of possibility. Especially since there was no toons to build up. Shaak and 501st were already out there.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin