What Am I Even Doing Here?

13Next

Replies

• As long as you actually answer questions I'll be happy. I'd rather get an answer I don't like than not get an answer at all!
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Thanks for your post Doja! Honestly I'm personally happy that you are making an extended effort to communicate to the playerbase. I'm not as active on the forums as I used to be, but your posts and comments give me more reason to get on than before. Please keep up your work.

I know it might be weird to ask for, but are you considering trying to re-extend the olive branch to youtubers? And if you do, would you only work with the "mainstream youtubers" or would you try to talk to as many youtubers as you can to help spread not only information, but excitement in the game?

We are planning to be more present in ways outside of the SWGoH Forums, including appearances on podcasts, live streams and videos, as well as other communication platforms. However, it'll be a process that will take some time, and what exactly that ends up looking like remains to be seen. If I were some person broadcasting on my own time, the process would obviously be faster. But, we officially represent Star Wars, and by extension other partners. Thus, certain hurdles need to be cleared and precautions need to be taken so I don't unwittingly end up on JOE DINGUS' [insert insensitive topic here] PODCAST.

The goal is definitely to be more outward facing. We’re working on it.
  • Thanks for replying, hopefully you're already crafting some methods to filter the veritable fire hose of comms and info coming at you from a customer base that has been thirsty for dialogue for years. (If you'll excuse the mixed metaphors)

My last reply on this topic and this thread. I noticed you didn't make any promises about being honest. I appreciate the position you must be in under CG and EA. But to me and everyone I know and represent, that is the single most important fundamental value to us and our decisionmaking around whether to continue spending on this game vs go elsewhere. It's not easy fighting a corporate mandate let alone two, but that's the key to your and your company's success, to us.

---

In case this matters though I hope it doesn't, who am I:

One of your bigger spenders at least until early this year, was never invited to any whale chat or anything like that

Leader of two squad arena shards, one fleet shard, and two guilds, roughly combined 200+ people some of whom are also decent spenders (particularly the consistent top 10 arena people, some of whom are already using full GL Luke) -- I confidently speak for these folks as well as myself

Thanks again, and good luck, we hope you succeed, we all love Star Wars and wish to see this game evolve into a property worthy of the name.
  • How do you know you were one of the bigger spenders? Not having a dig, just wondering.
  • Welcome to the forums @doja_fet. You're doing a cracking job so far.
    Thanks for your post Doja! Honestly I'm personally happy that you are making an extended effort to communicate to the playerbase. I'm not as active on the forums as I used to be, but your posts and comments give me more reason to get on than before. Please keep up your work.

I know it might be weird to ask for, but are you considering trying to re-extend the olive branch to youtubers? And if you do, would you only work with the "mainstream youtubers" or would you try to talk to as many youtubers as you can to help spread not only information, but excitement in the game?

We are planning to be more present in ways outside of the SWGoH Forums, including appearances on podcasts, live streams and videos, as well as other communication platforms. However, it'll be a process that will take some time, and what exactly that ends up looking like remains to be seen. If I were some person broadcasting on my own time, the process would obviously be faster. But, we officially represent Star Wars, and by extension other partners. Thus, certain hurdles need to be cleared and precautions need to be taken so I don't unwittingly end up on JOE DINGUS' [insert insensitive topic here] PODCAST.

You've mentioned showing up in videos, but what if CG were to have their own YouTube channel? This way you all could post videos at your own leisure and not have to worry about scheduling videos with content creators. Not saying I wouldn't like you guys to show up in an interview with content creators, I would love that, but having a YouTube channel for CG could be a lot more convenient to the studio. Then again, I don't work for a studio. You all definitely know more about this stuff than me, but I really think it would be awesome to see a CG YouTube channel.

It would be great if you guys made a CG instagram and/or twitter so we could get to know the people behind the game and a bit of a behind the scenes look. Kind of like EA Motive’s twitter account. It could also just serve as another way to get latest game news.
  • The_Nev wrote: »
    As long as you actually answer questions I'll be happy. I'd rather get an answer I don't like than not get an answer at all!

Fully agree. I'm just happy to see an active channel of communication finally happening.

• Wow...I didn't realize my shoulders were that broad. Nice watch, tho.

..Shoulderpads.

Is this the 1980's?

• Wow...I didn't realize my shoulders were that broad. Nice watch, tho.

..Shoulderpads.

Is this the 1980's?

I'm not the on wearing shoulderpads..
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Antwon120 wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »

You've mentioned showing up in videos, but what if CG were to have their own YouTube channel? This way you all could post videos at your own leisure and not have to worry about scheduling videos with content creators. Not saying I wouldn't like you guys to show up in an interview with content creators, I would love that, but having a YouTube channel for CG could be a lot more convenient to the studio. Then again, I don't work for a studio. You all definitely know more about this stuff than me, but I really think it would be awesome to see a CG YouTube channel.

I think these are great ideas.

It would be great if you guys made a CG instagram and/or twitter so we could get to know the people behind the game and a bit of a behind the scenes look. Kind of like EA Motive’s twitter account. It could also just serve as another way to get latest game news.

Another good idea. I'm hopeful for what the holds and being able to showcase some of the talented folks making this game is something I would love to do.
  • Is it possible we could ever get a Road Ahead that is not theme based but like most wanted characters? I think that would be interesTing. Have the players vote for a couple random characters that aren’t a surprise farm for a GL. I didn’t tag you but I hope you read this. Thanks for the communication so far! I hope you are enjoying your new position!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is it possible we could ever get a Road Ahead that is not theme based but like most wanted characters? I think that would be interesTing. Have the players vote for a couple random characters that aren’t a surprise farm for a GL. I didn’t tag you but I hope you read this. Thanks for the communication so far! I hope you are enjoying your new position!

@commander_paw_212 that's not really how that works.

The RA is showcasing what is coming, and that usually involves things that are already being worked on have been planned for a while.

Also if you pay closer attention you can see these themes and follow things (with some guessing) to not make things feel like a surprise.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    do we have a vague ETA on the road ahead?

This month? Early next month?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Yes.

Yes.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes.

Yes.

lol well done
  • I know it doesn’t work like that, but it would be kinda cool to vote on the next era. That way the community at large is pleased with the next toons. It would be cool that’s all I’m saying👍
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I know it doesn’t work like that, but it would be kinda cool to vote on the next era. That way the community at large is pleased with the next toons. It would be cool that’s all I’m saying👍

It would be cool, but when you have a player base this large with an element like SW involved, mostly due to breadth, the bolded part is never true for everyone.

They could do what they do and still likely hit the same level of happiness with the next toons added.
  • Has CG given any thought about helping the smaller guild members, with attaining character shards such as WAT, and K-A-M. These characters have been gated to higher end players and guilds. I would love to be able to purchase crystal shards or packs for these characters if I could attain them. Looks cool to have but don't want to uproot from my guild to attain.
  • Do you happen to be on Discord? That is a big platform that people in this game use.
  • I for one really appreciate you! MUCH better than what we had before (which was nothing...but, you get what I'm saying!) :D
  • Keep it up!!! Bright days ahead with you as Community Manager. Same cannot be said for Manchester City thanks to Zinchenko...
  • Keep it up!!! Bright days ahead with you as Community Manager. Same cannot be said for Manchester City thanks to Zinchenko...

I was in Manchester a few years ago. ABSOLUTELY loved it. I'd live there in a heartbeat.

I was in Manchester a few years ago. ABSOLUTELY loved it. I'd live there in a heartbeat.

He's not talking about the city itself, but the Manchester City football (soccer) team.

He's not talking about the city itself, but the Manchester City football (soccer) team.

Yeah, I understood lol. But, I'm more of a Liverpool FC fan, so...chose to ignore that part. But, I really did enjoy my time in Manchester. Fantastic place, and if I ever moved to England, that's likely where I'd end up.

Also, I'm using the term "fan" loosely here.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Keep it up!!! Bright days ahead with you as Community Manager. Same cannot be said for Manchester City thanks to Zinchenko...

Also, I'm using the term "fan" loosely here.

tumblr_inline_p3tdmoRJVD1r4n4yf_500.gifv
  • Don't want to be cynical BUT...release new game, increase communication. Wondering how long this will last.