Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Dathomir was a cool galactic challenge. 10 turn revive on everyone made for some interesting planning, buffing up and saving aoes near the countdown expiry, trying to get the other team on the ropes but not dead, then kill as fast aa possible once it reset. Even at T7 the NS weren't superpowered so it made for a good strategic event. More of these types of GCs please!

My zeta 3&C wanted to say he also loved the event.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I love that gases lead prevents the event special revives. Made the undersize feats a total joke.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    kalidor wrote: »
    Dathomir was a cool galactic challenge. 10 turn revive on everyone made for some interesting planning, buffing up and saving aoes near the countdown expiry, trying to get the other team on the ropes but not dead, then kill as fast aa possible once it reset. Even at T7 the NS weren't superpowered so it made for a good strategic event. More of these types of GCs please!

My zeta 3&C wanted to say he also loved the event.

Yes I did it the honest way with Rebels and timing the revives first and it was a lot of fun, then used GAS as the undermanned and realized how trivial he makes this GC. I'm glad the full Rebel squad feat prevents the cheese and makes you actually engage with the mechanics, but that GAS is an easy button so that midgame players with GAS can easily clear all of the tiers.

Great job on this CG. This and the F.O. GC have been great and the strategic 'puzzles' that were advertised. Keep it up!
  • I hated this one. Making the battles super drawn out was not an improvement.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I hated this one. Making the battles super drawn out was not an improvement.

It actually encouraged you to not draw out your battles
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    A bit too rng dependent for my taste, with the modifier that turns Rebels into Greedo. If you get good multiattacks, it's easy. If not, the revive can get annoying.
  • Nightsisters are already annoying enough. This made them worse. Worst challenge yet.
  • High5in wrote: »
    Nightsisters are already annoying enough. This made them worse. Worst challenge yet.

Not as bad as the one where you reflected 100% of the damage you did back onto yourself.
  • I think they are really improving the game mechanics and making the challenges fun and creative. Hopefully this rubs off on other parts of the game so we get rid of the stale “100 bonus turns at beginning, insane tm gain, 99% defense, 1000000 health pool = fun challenge” that has haunted any new content the last 2 years.
  • High5in wrote: »
    Nightsisters are already annoying enough. This made them worse. Worst challenge yet.

Sorry you’re not liking it. I guess this is a case of you can’t please everyone. Cause I found this to be one of the more interesting GC yet, was a lot less cookie cutter.

I’m also enjoying seeing people find different strategies that work like the Sabine thing. Also the interaction with grievous and seps droids is pretty cool.

• @CG_Doja_Fett would be great if you could let EA Support know of this bug. I made a ticket before your announcement and the folks over at EA support have no idea. Embarrassing support.

• Using Rebels was fun, just enough of a challenge that it wasn't completely frustrating. R7 CLS, Han, Chewie, R3 C3PO, and G10 zTAC. Like it was detailed above, just time your AoEs to try and wipe everyone and avoid the "entire team" revive.

Really enjoyed this one. SLKR then went and did his no-revive underman thing.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Using Rebels was fun, just enough of a challenge that it wasn't completely frustrating. R7 CLS, Han, Chewie, R3 C3PO, and G10 zTAC. Like it was detailed above, just time your AoEs to try and wipe everyone and avoid the "entire team" revive.

Really enjoyed this one. SLKR then went and did his no-revive underman thing.

While not impossible, i did find the mechanic annoying.

Nothing like being one turn away and old ben comes up to hit an almost dead zombie and he then doesnt do enough damage.... in comes all of them again.

Again its annoying... not impossible by any means. Though iys not something i can say i enjoyed. More something i planned arround to get my mod pieces
  • This one was a lot of fun, really appreciate CG improving things each time out. Still hoping for feats for multiple factions each GC rather than just the one faction, but imho these keep getting better.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I liked this challenge. You required controlling all of the nightsisters health/protection and turn meter to win it.

I did it using Commander Luke (leader), Han Solo, Chewbacca, Ben Kenobi and Sabine.
  • Have to say I’m enjoying GC whenever it’s actually running.
    An annoying mechanic this time, but when was NS revive not annoying? I enjoyed the event.

But I am curious what, if anything, will be done about the missing rewards.
    I tried out T7 just to see what it was like while I had a few minutes early in the day. Failed, was off for something more productive and thus missed the quite valuable mod material...
  • I got 3* with g12 cls, han, chewie, r2, and R1 c3po. My team got one-shot by MT a couple of times on T7, but controlling turn meter and keeping them stunned was key.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I brought Galactic Republic and beat tier 6 on the first try, and still did not receive first time rewards -.- perhaps you have to bring your rebels to get those, this time around. Goodbye mod parts.

Beat tier 7 on the 2nd try. Goodbye mod parts. You know, it really might be worth pulling this event - I'm beating levels and getting no rewards whatsoever.

PS, very cool combination of modifiers this time around!!
  • @Morgoth01
    An annoying mechanic this time, but when was NS revive not annoying?

Fair point.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    About the 'twice the same gc' situation. Why not droid vs empire then empire vs droid instead of droid vs empire twice ? Technical reasons or 'twice droid means players are more likely to gear droids especially for the event' reasons or a third reason ? Because gameplay wise, twice the exact same battle means the second one will be boring, especially only a week after.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »
    About the 'twice the same gc' situation. Why not droid vs empire then empire vs droid instead of droid vs empire twice ? Technical reasons or 'twice droid means players are more likely to gear droids especially for the event' reasons or a third reason ? Because gameplay wise, twice the exact same battle means the second one will be boring, especially only a week after.

I believe the same GC situation is more connected to the issues they mentioned with the tool
  • So playing galactic challenge. Having another level to aspire to is a good idea. Enter the ever stupid unkillable nightsister. Dumbest idea on any game ever. Cant beat them, they just keep coming back to life. Back to the drawing board for a GOOD idea
  • So playing galactic challenge. Having another level to aspire to is a good idea. Enter the ever stupid unkillable nightsister. Dumbest idea on any game ever. Cant beat them, they just keep coming back to life. Back to the drawing board for a GOOD idea

You're just bad at the game. The GC is fine.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

It's a puzzle. Have fun solving it ;)
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    So playing galactic challenge. Having another level to aspire to is a good idea. Enter the ever stupid unkillable nightsister. Dumbest idea on any game ever. Cant beat them, they just keep coming back to life. Back to the drawing board for a GOOD idea

Its counter intuiative.

You normally want to kill daka, then talzin/ventress. Then youd finish off talia and finally zombie.

But the modifier means you have to do that with rebels in 10 moves or they come back.

That changes things to a very anti nightsisters startegy.

Now you want to kill someone 2 times so that zombie does its respawn exchange thingy. Then you want to stun or turn meter control all the rest.

So take them down to as close to dead as you can wothout killing them while making sure the are not about to heal.

Then when youve gotten them all, or all but zombie if the counter is not low.... AOE them to hell.

Now cursh zombie and win
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    So playing galactic challenge. Having another level to aspire to is a good idea. Enter the ever stupid unkillable nightsister. Dumbest idea on any game ever. Cant beat them, they just keep coming back to life. Back to the drawing board for a GOOD idea

Starslayer wrote: »

It's a puzzle. Have fun solving it ;)

You know you could just give him hints or not reply.

Hes right in that its an annoying modifier as it makes you fight night sisters in a way you would never ever want to do in gac, tw, or arena.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

It blows my mind we still have the “git gud” people. This game is not about skill at all. It’s 100% based on spending and resource management. And a huge dose of luck.

It blows my mind we still have the “git gud” people. This game is not about skill at all. It’s 100% based on spending and resource management. And a huge dose of luck.

It's interesting how some familiar names are showing up in the top 50 kyber over and over and over again. And I'm not talking about the MM exploiters, I'm talking about 6m++ (multiple) GL owners with 520k+ lifetime banners.
    All luck I guess.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    Legend91 wrote: »

It's interesting how some familiar names are showing up in the top 50 kyber over and over and over again. And I'm not talking about the MM exploiters, I'm talking about 6m++ (multiple) GL owners with 520k+ lifetime banners.
    All luck I guess.

$$$