Need advice on who to farm next!

Prev1
Hi there folks! F2P here, I just proudly accomplished my first goal of my SWGOH career... I unlocked Padme at 7*, and got her both zetas!

Now i'm running a GR team as my main team in Arena. I have a 7* geo squad, with zBroodAlpha, which I built in order to get Padmé.

My next step is getting GK for sure, but now that i've finished my septs and geos grind i don't know what to farm next with all my energy! I was thinking to start farming ewoks to get C3PO but i'm not sure it's worth the grind right now.

Which direction do you think I should take? Who should I farm next? Here's my profile https://swgoh.gg/p/118919173/characters/

Every advice is well appreciated!

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    You need a bit of a bounty hunter squad for the Credit Heist - you can really use the cash. It doesn't have to be a high-gear squad right now, but you need something & you've currently got only 4 bounty hunters unlocked.

BH also gets you Chewbacca, another indispensable part of the OT Big 6, which requires Dengar at g9 & 4 other BH at g11. Further, the BH needed for Chewie can be the same ones needed for acquiring the Millennium Falcon, which is an absolutely necessary ship.

Since you're stronger in LS than dark, and since you have to have a bounty hunter squad anyway, I would farm easy BH toons and get to work on a couple of filler toons for Empire and Rebels so you can finish the Palpatine & R2 events.

One of those rebels should be Raid Han. Why don't I see him in your unlocked toons? As I was saying to someone else just yesterday, it only takes 3 weeks of Rancor sims to unlock Raid Han. That makes me suspicious that your guild isn't helping you as much as it could.

Think seriously about moving to a guild that sims Rancor, if you want to improve your roster.

Your fleet is doing well, but there's no reason it can't be better. Although you didn't ask about gear, only shard farms, I would push Tarkin to g11, and then Vader there next while you're acquiring the shards for those bounty hunters.

So throw it all together & you get:

Galactic War Store:
    1. Cad Bane
    2. Magma Trooper

Guild Store:
    1. Dengar

Arena Store:
    1. Ackbar
    2. Greedo
    3. IG-88

Cantina Store:
    1. Boba Fett
    2. Chopper

Fleet Store: Because of scarce appearance, you'll be working on these simultaneously
    1. Grievous (Whenever available - keep some Fleet Tokens on hand for when he shows up because he's rare)
    2. TIE Advanced (Same as Grievous)

Regular Energy:
    1. Bossk (9B-dark)
    2. Jango + Hound's Tooth Ship (8D-light)
    3. Royal Guard (node 1D-light)

Others you will want to farm with regular energy, order recommended but not as important:

Xanadu's Blood
    IG-2000
    TIE Bomber
    Piett
    Mon Mothma
    Range Trooper
    Sabine Wren

Cantina Energy:
    1. Ezra
    2. Hera
    3. Kylo Ren Unmasked

Fleet Energy:
    1. Slave 1 (node 2B)
    2. Rebel Y-Wing (+ Greef Karga, node 4C)

This is an integrated plan that will allow you to get Chewbacca and Thrawn, while finishing up Palpatine & R2 as quickly as possible. It prioritizes Bounty Hunters to increase that needed cash. You're doing well in Fleet Arena & pushing Tarkin & Vader up in gear will make sure you do even better. Padmé can handle your squad arena needs for a while, while the Geos will do well for you in the Hoth territory battles, Galactic War, and a few other niches.

These aren't sexy gets, but they are necessary foundations.

When you have the numbered priorities, you can continue on with some things I've listed in regular energy or you can set a new Big Goal and stretch to reach it. Revan would be one obvious choice. After you choose that next goal, you might scrap all the unnumbered toons or you might want to bring a couple up even faster - if you aren't getting good mentorship inside your guild, coming back here to ask again is definitely appropriate after you have 5 x 7* BH, 5 x 7* Empire, and 5 x 7* Phoenix (who will then help you get your 6th & 7th 7* empire toons - Thrawn & Palp).

• Oh, a note about regular energy? It's generally more efficient to farm lots of toons at once without spending crystals on node refreshes - you finish all in the same amount of time, but you finish that first one at the same time as the last one. So if you just need that one toon right now, refreshes are fine, but at your stage of the game where there are so many things you need, it's better to skip refreshes altogether.
  • You've done your seps. I think it's time for phoenix now. I know people don't recommend them these days as a beginner squad and i am one of them. But you need some synergized teams for GAC which is what phoenix are all about. You've already got 4/5 phoenix and you only need to farm hera from cantina battles. You'll get thrawn which you can pair with palp,vader,tarkin and tie pilot for a good empire team which will also get you r2 and be a solid team for gac. This is stretching it too far i think but when you get r2 you should begin farms for cls.
    I'll get my first Gl...after 50 years
  • you can also replace tie pilot with piett because he is farmable now.
    I'll get my first Gl...after 50 years
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    A GL could be your next move. Depending on personal taste, Kylo, Rey or Palp. Padme will carry you a long way in arena, you should be able to beat about any non-GL team once you'll have Kenobi.
  • Thank you all for the great advice you provided! I realized I have some unfinished but potentially decent squads (Phoenix and Empire actually). So this is what i did:
    • I easily leveled up Ezra to 7 stars and unlocked 7* EP
    • Leveled up Boba Fett to 7* in order to get help in the Credit Heist Event.
    • Started farming Magmatrooper from the GW store (just got him to 6°, pretty easy farm)
    • Started farming STHan and Luke to get closer to CLS
    Oh, a note about regular energy? It's generally more efficient to farm lots of toons at once without spending crystals on node refreshes
    Yeah I totally agree, I never spent crystal on node refreshes, i'm F2P and my crystal are few and precious!

You need a bit of a bounty hunter squad for the Credit Heist - you can really use the cash. It doesn't have to be a high-gear squad right now, but you need something & you've currently got only 4 bounty hunters unlocked.
    I have a question on this: should i farm them now, even if I can easily beat Tier 4 of the Credit Heist event already? I already 3-starred it thanks to STHan taunt and Nute's extortion.

I think I may go for:
    1. Complete Phoenix by farming Hera and Chopper -> unlock Thrawn
    2. Complete Empire by unlocking Thrawn and getting Magma and RG to 7 stars > unlock R2
    3. Farm STHan, Luke and Leia -> unlock CLS (Old Ben is 7* already)

I will follow your advice, and come back here after I unlocked Thrawn and R2, anyway.
  • FARMCommander
    10 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Starslayer wrote: »
    A GL could be your next move. Depending on personal taste, Kylo, Rey or Palp. Padme will carry you a long way in arena, you should be able to beat about any non-GL team once you'll have Kenobi.

Hold on there boy , FOR a newbie Force player like me i can't finish farming stand alone activated JOURNEY guide GM YODA or R2D2 both in TIER 3
    grind wtfor?

U think I can Farm GL at this Newbie status of mine right away now boy.

Now From what i read, going the First Order, CAP-PHASMA, FO-EXEC , FO-KRen Unmask is the way to go can you teach new players how to reach TIER 1 in the ARENA.
  • C-3PO IS great on padme teams. I would suggest going for Ewoks and especially logray. Logray makes the event much easier. If you decide not to go for 3PO now I would still farm Logray passively now because he’s an annoying farm.
  • PaalAboy
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I did it! I just unlocked 7* R2!
    It was actually pretty easy, low level toons and first try win. I didn’t even need to finish the Thrawn farm to do it (I did it with G9 EP - G9 Vader, G10 Tarkin, G6 Royal Guard and G7 Magma).

So now I only need Luke, Leia and STHan for CLS!

I found out that I can easily beat Tier IV of the Credit Heist event with the toons I already have, so I don’t feel the urgency to farm BH right now. Still, i’m farming Bossk and Jango with regular energy.

I am 10 shards away from 7* GG, can’t wait to finish him. I already have a decent sep team for him + some decent droids.

With exceeding currency, I think investing in clones could be a good idea, since Fives will soon be replaced by GK in my Padmé team, and he will need a squad around. And after my experience with Padme, i feel like he is a great toon, but he belongs among the Clones.

I have 4/5 Phoenix at 7*, I only need to finish Chopper from the Cantina Store (very easy with two cantina energy refreshes per day).

Now I decided my next big thing: JKR! I already have 7* zBastila, 5* Jolee, and i started farming Zaalbar, Mission Vao and T3-M4.

So i’m using energy this way:

Regular energy (none or 1 refresh max/day)
    Farmboy Luke 20*5
    Jango Fett + Hound’s Tooth 20*5
    Bossk 20*5
    Jolee 16*5
    Zaalbar 20*5

Cantina store (2 or 3 refreshes/day)
    Mission Vao
    T3-M4

Fleet energy
    Tie Advanced
    Anakin’s Fighter
    Zaalbar

Cantina store
    Chopper

Fleet Arena Store
    GG (only 10 shards needed)
    Tie Advanced (only 10 shards needed)
    Ackbar
    Clones
    Zetas (exceeding coins)

Guild Store
    B2 (just 30 shards to get him to 7*)
    Logray (as @TrooperFives suggested, thanks!)
    Clones (exceeding coins)

GW store
    Fives’ ship
    Cad Bane
    aaaand I don’t know who else to farm here

Arena store
    STHan
    Leia

Thank you all for you precious advice, @MasterSeedy in particular! If you have any other advice, I’m a young padawan ready to learn. Thanks!!
  • This is great stuff!

I don't know if you heard, but they're doubling drop rates on older toons, which includes nearly everything you're farming. They're also doubling the number of shards you get when purchasing those same toons in the various stores.

As a result, for the next 2 weeks before the doubling goes into effect, you should enter a special, temporary strategy designed to maximize your boost from this doubling.

First, you have to spend energy every day or you just stop accruing it - so keep farming with regular & cantina energy, but keep your refreshes to a minimum (still spend enough to get 600 raid tickets/day, but don't over spend). What refreshes you should do should be kept to the cheaper regular energy refreshes. This will allow you to build up a few extra crystals.

Second: stop buying shards in any of the stores. This is just for 12 days, probably 11 by the time you read this, so it's not going to be too bad. For stores that sell both gear & shards, you can still buy gear if you want, just not shards. I would try to keep the gear buying to a minimum as well, however. You want to build that currency up by a lot.

Third: when the 24th arrives make sure you don't spend your energy refreshes early in the day, & try to update your client as soon as possible.

Fourth: Now, with all the rates doubled, you can spend plenty of crystals on energy refreshes (but not node refreshes), and you can spend down those store tokens you just saved up. If you do it right, then 5-6 days after Nov 24th, you'll have caught up to or passed where you would have been if you'd been spending your currency before the doubling.

I'll post more in another comment about what, exactly, you should be spending on.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Regular energy (none or 1 refresh max/day)
    Farmboy Luke 20*5
    Jango Fett + Hound’s Tooth 20*5
    Bossk 20*5
    Jolee 16*5
    Zaalbar 20*5
    ===> This looks good. No changes.
    Cantina Energy (2 or 3 refreshes/day)
    Mission Vao
    T3-M4
    ===> This is fine for your character priorities, but...
    ===> you're cancelling the refreshes & saving the crystals until Nov. 24th.

Fleet energy
    Tie Advanced
    Anakin’s Fighter
    Zaalbar
    ===> This is fine. You'll get 285 per day & you're spending
    ===> 100 on Zaalbar, 100 on TIE Adv., & 80 on Anakin = 280/day.
    ===> However, you're about done on TIE Adv, so you need to pick a new farming target.
    ===> If you can beat Fleet 4C-Hard, that should immediately replace the TIE Adv.
    ===> (you'll Greef Karga & Rebel Y-Wing - the ship is the more important one)
    ===> If you can't beat 4C, use 3A to get Poe's X-Wing.

Cantina store
    Chopper
    ===> No Chopper shards until Nov 24th, when they double.
    ===> Until then, either save all currency or spend on Cassian's U-Wing (ship shards won't double)

Since you're not long from done here, you're going to have to think about what's next. Things will go very quickly after shard purchases double on the 24th. My current recommendation for your situation is to get these toons in the following order:

1. First Order Officer
    2. Hoth Rebel Scout
    3. Pao
    4. Poe

Fleet Arena Store
    GG (only 10 shards needed)
    Tie Advanced (only 10 shards needed)
    Ackbar
    Clones
    Zetas (exceeding coins)
    ===> I cancelled Ackbar. He's also available in the Squad Arena Store. I'd rather had you focus on other things here.
    ===> I cancelled the TIE Adv. You can get your last 10 shards from Fleet Battles.
    ===> NO characters until November 24th
    ===> (except Grievous, I guess. I know he's so close to done it's hard to say no to finishing him off)
    ===> Rex's ARC-170 is the ship to buy here during the next 2 weeks.
    ===> Otherwise, save currency until Nov 24th.

I also canceled the clones, because Cody & Echo are available using a less exclusive currency elsewhere But you will need to buy Rex here and there are a couple toons exclusive to Fleet Arena Store. So your non-ship priorities are these:
    Chirrut
    Fulcrum
    Rex

Your Ship Priorities are
    Rex's ARC-170
    Poe's X-Wing
    Ghost
    Phantom II

Always buy ships before toons in this store. When you're done with these 7 items, you'll be getting Zeta mats here for the rest of your playing career.
    Guild Store
    B2 (just 30 shards to get him to 7*)
    Logray (as @TrooperFives suggested, thanks!)
    Clones (exceeding coins)
    ===> NO CHARACTER PURCHASES UNTIL NOV 24th
    ===> Spending on gear is okay, but it's best just to save, since you're in the character acquisition phase of the game.

I would rewrite your priorities, however, to this (but NO PURCHASES until Nov 24th):
    B2
    Logray
    Paploo
    Echo
    Jawa Engineer
    Rex
    Cody
    Jyn
    Dengar
    Colonel Starck
    Young Han
    Zam
    Tusken Shaman
    ===> Working on no more than 3 at a time is good, otherwise you'll finish some common ones low in priority before you finish the needed ones that are high in priority, but only working on one at a time builds up too many tokens that could be more efficiently spent earlier. There will likely be an awkward period when you're farming both Jawa Engineer & Cody at the same time, and both are rare. Can't be helped, sorry, but if you find yourself building up too many tokens, you could always take on a 4th farming toon temporarily during that hard stretch.

There are reasons I'm suggesting this order, but I won't go into all of them now. Suffice it to say I'm looking at long-term priorities & which toons to get first so that when you're ready for your next quest, you've got the toons done or nearly done & only need the gear. Some of these are much more rare than others - like Logray. It's good to keep a minimum so that you always have token in case Logray (or whoever is your current rare toon) shows up more than once in the same day.

GW store
    Fives’ ship
    Cad Bane
    aaaand I don’t know who else to farm here...

Well, that's easy. First, skip Cad Bane until Nov 24th.
    In the meantime, buy EVERY SINGLE SHIP. Some of these are rare, so save a minimum about of currency (about 2 days worth, or 2000-3000 tokens) that you never dip below except for the following 3 ships:

Clone Sergeant's ARC-170
    Imperial TIE Fighter
    Resistance X-Wing

After Nov. 24th, you can finish Cad Bane, but keep farming all the ships you can. Really. You need all of them and this is the place to get them.

After Cad is done, you can skip characters for a while until you start to build up GW tokens past about 5k because the ships you have left are rare enough or few enough that you can't spend all 1200 tokens every day. At that point, set a good minimum for the few ships you have left, about 3k is fine, and spend anything over that on useful toons in this store. Suggested order would be something like:

Teebo
    Phasma
    K2SO
    Resistance Pilot
    NightSister Initiate
    Dathcha
    Tusken Raider

Arena store
    STHan
    Leia

===> SPEND NOTHING until Nov 24th.
    ===> Everything you want here is characters, so it's best to save your currency until the shard drops double.

After STHan & Leia? Likely something like this:
    Greedo
    Cassian
    IG-88
    HK -47
    Sidius
    Chief Nebit
    Savage Opress

...and that should keep you going for a while!
    Post edited by MasterSeedy on
  • Wow, what a great answer! Thank you so much for your time and effort, it will be sooo much easy from now on! You're the man!
  • One thing I forgot is that you might be going for Chewbacca soon.

As soon as you decide to push for Chewbacca, move Dengar to the top of your Guild Store priority list. He's not quite mandatory for the Chewbacca event, but he makes it much easier.
  • Hi there @MasterSeedy ! I wanted to to thank you for the help you gave me and give you an update on my achievements in the last 45 days. Thanks to your guide, I was able to get 5 Heroes (Thrawn, R2, EP CLS and JKR) to 7*! I promoted JKR just now. Such an amazing feeling! Now I'm focusing on gearing them up in order to get powerful squads for GAC.

My main Arena squad now is G12 zzPadmé, G12 zAhsoka, G11 zJKA, G12 zGMY, G11 zGK (99.475 power)

For GAC, i'm using Yoda in the Bastila Squad and R2 in the Padmé Squad.

I also upgraded Vader with a zeta, so now i have a decent Sith/Empire squad too.

My next unlock should be C3PO, so my focuses now are, shards-wise:
    • Ewoks - Chief Chirpa is 7*, Logray is 5* (guild), Paploo 5* (cantina), Scout is 6* and 30 shards away from 7*, Teebo is easily farmable through GW store, And Elder is 5*
    • Bastila Shan (Fallen) - 5* now, would make a great 5th slot in the empire squad, i guess.
    • Bossk - 5* now, will need him for Chewie and for his ship
    • Jango - 6* and half way through 7*, love his node for Hound's Tooth shards and for gear.
    • Dengar - whenever he shows up I try to buy him.

Gear-wise:
    • JKA - I only need little gear to get him to G12
    • Thrawn - EP is decent already, Vader is zeta'd, Tarkin is G11 cause i needed him for his ship, Thrawn + Fallen Bastila or something else would make a decent Empire squad
    • R2 - In order to use him in GAC replacing GMY
    • JKR - I am thinking about replacing my Bastila team with a JKR team with him, Bastila, Jolee, GMY and somebody else.
    • Jolee - Need him for Jedi and JKR, need his zeta
    • All the ewoks

How do you think I should organize my farming? Do you think I'm missing something?

Here's my updated profile on swgoh.gg. Thanks in advance! https://swgoh.gg/p/118919173/characters/
  • Okay, let's update your lists to prioritize C-3PO's requirements & get a jump start on Darth Revan's & Chewbacca's requirements, since you're headed in that direction.

STORE PURCHASES:
    Cantina Store purchase list (in order of priority):
    1. Hoth Rebel Scout
    2. Pao
    3. Poe

Guild Store purchase list (in order of priority):
    1. Logray
    2. Paploo
    3. Echo
    4. Jawa Engineer
    5. Rex
    6. Cody
    7. Jyn
    8. Dengar (Move to the top as soon as you start farming Bounty Hunters for Chewbacca,if you haven't already gotten to Dengar by then)
    9. Colonel Starck
    10. Young Han
    11. Zam
    12. Tusken Shaman

Squad Arena Store purchase list (in order of priority):
    1. Greedo
    2. Cassian
    3. IG-88
    4. HK -47
    5. Sidius
    6. Chief Nebit
    7. Savage Opress

Galactic War Store purchase list (in order of priority):
    1. Clone Sergeant's ARC-170 (at the same time as the RX-Wing)
    2. Resistance X-Wing (at the same time as the ARC-170)
    3. ===> Save up about 5,000 GW Tokens, this should happen naturally while farming those 2 ships, because they are rare so they likely won't show up fast enough to spend all your tokens.

If you have completed those 2 ships, OR if you have more than 3k tokens, you can spend anything above 3k to buy from the secondary list. Never dip below 3k tokens unless it's to buy the CS-ARC-170 or RX-Wing.
    Secondary list:
    1. Teebo
    2. Literally every single ship in the game that appears here. (Do not start until done with Teebo.) Order of these ships doesn't matter.
    3. Cad Bane
    4. Phasma
    5. K2SO
    6. Resistance Pilot
    7. NightSister Initiate
    8. Dathcha
    9. Tusken Raider

Fleet Arena Store primary purchase list (in order of priority):
    1. Rex's ARC-170
    2. Poe's X-Wing
    3. Ghost
    4. Phantom II

You should probably work on 2 ships at a time to keep from overloading yourself with unspent tokens.
    Once you're down to only 2 ships remaining on the primary Fleet Store list you can buy from the secondary list as long as you don't dip below 3k-5k. This is to make sure you have enough currency to buy the rare ships whenever they show up.
    Secondary List:
    1. Chirrut
    2. Fulcrum
    3. Rex

Guild Event Tokens, Mk2 (the purchases at the top of the Guild Event Store):
    1. Malevolence Blueprints
    2. Negotiator Blueprints

Guild Event Tokens, Mk1 (lower down in the Guild Event Store):
    1. Hermit Yoda to 7*
    2. Wampa to 5*
    3. Save up for GAS & Malak.

Championship Store (GAC Tokens)
    Only buy the G12 finisher pieces. These appear in the very top row on the very leftmost slot. Just keep collecting these. You'll need a lot and there aren't other places to get them except raids, which are unreliable.

Shard Shop purchase list (in order of priority):
    1. Every bit of Mk5 Stun Gun salvage you can get here. They don't show up often, but buy every one you see.
    2. If you have more than 3k Shard Shop Currency, you can spend the extra on purple Mk6 Athakam Medpacs. Just store them up if you don't need them right now. Eventually you're going to need every single one you can get your hands on.

• PaalAboy wrote: »
    Hi there @MasterSeedy ! I wanted to to thank you for the help you gave me and give you an update on my achievements in the last 45 days. Thanks to your guide, I was able to get 5 Heroes (Thrawn, R2, EP CLS and JKR) to 7*! I promoted JKR just now. Such an amazing feeling! Now I'm focusing on gearing them up in order to get powerful squads for GAC.

My main Arena squad now is G12 zzPadmé, G12 zAhsoka, G11 zJKA, G12 zGMY, G11 zGK (99.475 power)

For GAC, i'm using Yoda in the Bastila Squad and R2 in the Padmé Squad.

I also upgraded Vader with a zeta, so now i have a decent Sith/Empire squad too.

My next unlock should be C3PO, so my focuses now are, shards-wise:
    • Ewoks - Chief Chirpa is 7*, Logray is 5* (guild), Paploo 5* (cantina), Scout is 6* and 30 shards away from 7*, Teebo is easily farmable through GW store, And Elder is 5*
    • Bastila Shan (Fallen) - 5* now, would make a great 5th slot in the empire squad, i guess.
    • Bossk - 5* now, will need him for Chewie and for his ship
    • Jango - 6* and half way through 7*, love his node for Hound's Tooth shards and for gear.
    • Dengar - whenever he shows up I try to buy him.

Gear-wise:
    • JKA - I only need little gear to get him to G12
    • Thrawn - EP is decent already, Vader is zeta'd, Tarkin is G11 cause i needed him for his ship, Thrawn + Fallen Bastila or something else would make a decent Empire squad
    • R2 - In order to use him in GAC replacing GMY
    • JKR - I am thinking about replacing my Bastila team with a JKR team with him, Bastila, Jolee, GMY and somebody else.
    • Jolee - Need him for Jedi and JKR, need his zeta
    • All the ewoks

How do you think I should organize my farming? Do you think I'm missing something?

Here's my updated profile on swgoh.gg. Thanks in advance! https://swgoh.gg/p/118919173/characters/

Shards:
    • Ewoks - Chief Chirpa 7*, Logray 5*, Paploo 5*, Elder 5*, Wicket ?*. Wicket makes the event MUCH easier than Scout, and Teebo is a no-no. Scout = more gear investment in a ishy team.
    • Bastila Fallen is a great idea. Even at 5*, I would use, Palp L, zVader, Thrawn, Bastila Fallen and Tarkin.
    • Bossk is a must for HT even if you aren't going for Chewie
    • Jango perfect and HT
    • Dengar good
    • I assume for Chewie it will be: Bossk, Boba, Cad, Jango, Dengar

Gear Wise:
    • JKA - g12 is awesome, g13 amazing.
    • Thrawn - I'd take to g10, and g12/13 zVader
    • R2 - definitely. I'll involve him in my important zeta list coming up.
    • JKR lead WAY better with the speed and tenacity up etc. etc.
    • Holy Jolee - one of the best zetas for JKR team and best relics for JKR team.

Important ZETAs (in no particular order):
    • JKR - General
    • R2-D2 - Number Crunch
    • Emperor Palpatine - Emperor of the Galactic Empire
    • JKR - Hero
    • Jolee Bindo - That looks pretty bad
    • CLS - It Binds All Things
    • CLS - Rebel Maneuvers
    • Chief Chirpa - Simple Tactics
    • Bossk - On the Hunt
    • GG - Mettaloid Monstrosity
    • More to come on characters you don't have that you will be getting soon

Also @PaalAboy could you give me gear advice using geos for Padme event t5.

Thanks and welcome.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Energy Plan

This portion is to organize how you spend each of the 3 main types of energy every day. Mod energy is hard to plan for. Mostly I farm slicing mats to use on the Mods I get from events, but if you know you need a specific kind of mod, you can always farm them instead. Since that's totally dependent on what characters you have and which need mods at the moment, I won't make a plan for that. However, we can plan for the other 3 types of energy, so let's do that!

Regular Energy:
    1. Wicket (Dark Side Battles: 8-A; 20 energy per attempt, 100 energy per day)
    2. Jango + Hound's Tooth (Light Side Battles: 8-D; 20/attempt, 100/day)
    3. Bossk (Dark Side Battles: 9-B; 20/attempt, 100/ day)
    4. Ewok Elder (Light Side Battles: 2-C; 12/attempt; 60/day)
    5. Bastila (Fallen) (Dark Side Battles: 7-A; 20/attempt; 100/day)
    6. Juhani (Light Side Battles: 6-A; 16/attempt; 80/day)
    7. Ewok Scout (Light Side Battles: 1-A; 12/attempt; 60/day)
    8. Hyena Bomber Dark Side Battles: 8-B; 20/attempt; 100/day
    9. IG-2000 (Light Side Battles: 6-E; 16/attempt; 80/day)
    10. Vulture Droid (Light Side Battles: 4-D; 12/attempt; 60/day)
    11. Sabine Wren (Dark Side Battles: 1-A; 12/attempt; 60/day)

Total = way too much energy per day. Most days you won't have anywhere near this much energy & that's fine. With one energy refresh you should get 495 energy/day. This allows you to do everything above Juhani + about 2-3 attempts at Juhani. If you buy an extra refresh for some reason, or if you finish one of your starting farms on this list, then you'll be able to do Scout or some of the ship nodes or even Sabine's node (as you cross more & more off your list).

Note: Scout is way down on the list since you get free Ewok Scout shards all the time from other sources, so it should be able to be passively finished, for the most part. Also, Scout simply isn't a good character & if you can complete the event without giving gear to scout, you're much better off. So we'll try to get you C-3PO without Scout, if it's reasonably possible.

Cantina Energy
    1. Paploo (Cantina Battles: 3-D; 10/attempt)
    2. Canderous Ordo (Cantina Battles: 5-C; 12/attempt)
    3. Kylo Ren Unmasked + TIE Silencer (Cantina Battles: 3-F; 10/attempt)

Finish one before moving to the next. Cantina farms shouldn't be simultaneous since there is no node refresh cost.

Fleet Energy:
    1. Carth Onassi (2-E; 20/attempt; 100/day)
    2. Greef Karga + Rebel Y-Wing (4-C; 20/attempt; 100/day)
    3. Anakin's Eta-2 Starfighter (1-B; 16/attempt; 80/day)
    4. Slave-1 (2-B; 20/attempt; 100/day)
    5. Shaak Ti (5-A; 20/attempt; 100/day)
    6. B1-Battle Droid (5-B; 20/attempt; 100/day)
    7. The Mandalorian (5-E; 20/attempt; 100/day)
    8. Young Lando + Lando's Falcon (1-D; 16/attempt; 80/day)

You get 285 energy/day, so this works out almost perfectly for your top 3 priorities. The others you can add in to the mix as you finish your first 3 priorities.

• This is awesome, as always, thank you so much.
    Hoth Rebel Scout

I bought all the shards to get him to 7* already, just didn't do it yet because I was saving on credits for JKR and his gear / mods. Will focus on Pao and Poe from now on.
    Guild Store purchase list:

Should I buy gear here too while I farm the two Ewoks? It feels like it's the only place where I can get decent deals on gear.

Same thing as Hoth Scout, I have the shards for 7* Greedo and 7* IG-88. Will focus on Cassian and HK-47.
    GW Store. Save up about 5,000 GW Tokens, this should happen naturally while farming those 2 ships, because they are rare so they likely won't show up fast enough to spend all your tokens.

Great advice. I just got my 5th light side ship to 5* so i got both Mace's and Ackbar's ships to 6*, so i won't need other ships for now. I will focus on those two and save up some coins.
    Guild Event Tokens, Mk2

Unluckily we don't do Geonosis in our guild. I'm not planning to move in another one anytime soon but i realize I'm losing on something. GK, Han, Traya shards and a lot of gear. So i will think about it, if i can find a great new guild.
    Guild Event Tokens, Mk1

I used to buy MK5 stun guns here too, but I realize that I should buy shards. I will, starting from now.
    Only buy the G12 finisher pieces. These appear in the very top row on the very leftmost slot. Just keep collecting these. You'll need a lot and there aren't other places to get them except raids, which are unreliable.

Love this advice, it actually made me understand this mechanic I was not aware of. I will dig into it a bit more to figure out the exact functions of these, and will be very helpful.
    Every bit of Mk5 Stun Gun salvage you can get here. They don't show up often, but buy every one you see.
    If you have more than 3k Shard Shop Currency, you can spend the extra on purple Mk6 Athakam Medpacs. Just store them up if you don't need them right now. Eventually you're going to need every single one you can get your hands on.

I'm already hoarding MK5 Stun Guns from the shard shop whenever they show up. I have a stock of 100+ right now but I've learned they will be very useful in the near future. Thanks for the Mk6 Medpack advice.
  • Energy wise: this is a perfect scheme. Will follow it step by step!

As always, and again: THANK YOU! You are awesome!

@TheChild_eats_eggs1 thanks for your precious advice as well. About Padmé, i did tiers 1-6 with septs, and i got stuck on tier 7. I felt like it was just impossible.

So i started farming GBA, and as soon as I got him to 7* i beat it at my first try with G8-10 and just 1 zeta on GBA (but not the one you already have: i put it on his Leader's, and i think it's necessary to go through their automatic protection up on out of turn attacks). It was almost too easy for me. Let me know when you get to tier 7 and good luck!
    This is awesome, as always, thank you so much.
    Hoth Rebel Scout

I bought all the shards to get him to 7* already, just didn't do it yet because I was saving on credits for JKR and his gear / mods. Will focus on Pao and Poe from now on.
    Guild Store purchase list:

Should I should buy gear here too while I farm the two Ewoks? It feels like it's the only place where I can get decent deals on gear.

Same thing as Hoth Scout, I have the shards for 7* Greedo and 7* IG-88. Will focus on Cassian and HK-47.
    GW Store. Save up about 5,000 GW Tokens, this should happen naturally while farming those 2 ships, because they are rare so they likely won't show up fast enough to spend all your tokens.

Great advice. I just got my 5th light side ship to 5* so i got both Mace's and Ackbar's ships to 6*, so i won't need other ships for now. I will focus on those two and save up some coins.
    Guild Event Tokens, Mk2

Unluckily we don't do Geonosis in our guild. I'm not planning to move in another one anytime soon but i realize I'm losing on something. GK, Han, Traya shards and a lot of gear. So i will think about it, if i can find a great new guild. How active are you? I can help depending on activity (we don't do geo TB either, but we are doing heroics)
    Guild Event Tokens, Mk1

I used to buy MK5 stun guns here too, but I realize that I should buy shards. I will, starting from now.

Good. Good. Hoda, Wampa, save for GAS / Malak, spend on GAS / Malak, Stun Guns.

Love this advice, it actually made me understand this mechanic I was not aware of. I will dig into it a bit more to figure out the exact functions of these, and will be very helpful.
    Every bit of Mk5 Stun Gun salvage you can get here. They don't show up often, but buy every one you see.
    If you have more than 3k Shard Shop Currency, you can spend the extra on purple Mk6 Athakam Medpacs. Just store them up if you don't need them right now. Eventually you're going to need every single one you can get your hands on.

I'm already hoarding MK5 Stun Guns from the shard shop whenever they show up. I have a stock of 100+ right now but I've learned they will be very useful in the near future. Thanks for the Mk6 Medpack advice.

Energy wise: this is a perfect scheme. Will follow it step by step!

As always, and again: THANK YOU! You are awesome!

@TheChild_eats_eggs1 thanks for your precious advice as well. About Padmé, i did tiers 1-6 with septs, and i got stuck on tier 7. I felt like it was just impossible.

So i started farming GBA, and as soon as I got him to 7* i beat it at my first try with G8-10 and just 1 zeta on GBA (but not the one you already have: i put it on his Leader's, and i think it's necessary to go through their automatic protection up on out of turn attacks). It was almost too easy for me. Let me know when you get to tier 7 and good luck!

Ok. Sun fac basic dispels anyway so ... but thank you. I will take on advice.
  • Should I buy gear here too while I farm the two Ewoks? It feels like it's the only place where I can get decent deals on gear.

No. You should rely on gear from raids at this point in your account development **except** when you're gearing someone for your Arena squad. Then you specify which new toon or toons you need on your Arena team, decide how much gear you're going to buy for them, then do that & go immediately back to shards.

The important thing to remember is that you will ALWAYS need gear, so if you treat this store as a source for gear, there will never be a time when you are free to buy the characters you have to have to develop your roster.

Someday this store will be a source of gear, but that can't be any time soon.
  • Unluckily we don't do Geonosis in our guild. I'm not planning to move in another one anytime soon but i realize I'm losing on something. GK, Han, Traya shards and a lot of gear. So i will think about it, if i can find a great new guild.

If you want help, I can help you find a guild by either recommending one or by helping you write an ad to put on the forums to let the right guild find you.

• Should I buy gear here too while I farm the two Ewoks? It feels like it's the only place where I can get decent deals on gear.

No. You should rely on gear from raids at this point in your account development **except** when you're gearing someone for your Arena squad. Then you specify which new toon or toons you need on your Arena team, decide how much gear you're going to buy for them, then do that & go immediately back to shards.

The important thing to remember is that you will ALWAYS need gear, so if you treat this store as a source for gear, there will never be a time when you are free to buy the characters you have to have to develop your roster.

One thing @MasterSeedy. Usually I agree with you, but raid currency comes often and ewoks in guild store is rare so I would use for gear but always keep 2k for ewoks. Currently I have 10k and farming Dengar, Logray and gear for arena team, geos, empire.
  • One thing @MasterSeedy. Usually I agree with you, but raid currency comes often and ewoks in guild store is rare so I would use for gear but always keep 2k for ewoks. Currently I have 10k and farming Dengar, Logray and gear for arena team, geos, empire.

Maybe OP doesn't get too much guild currency in the first place. In this case, farming Dengar, Logray, and also Paploo and Ewok Elder could be too much at once to also purchase gear.
  • Ok. Sun fac basic dispels anyway so ... but thank you. I will take on advice.

It does, and it helps with GK taunt and the protection up you can dispel, but in tier 7 Padmé will spread Protection Up that can't be dispelled. So you will need that extra attack power to deal some damage through it. Go for the second zeta and you will have your best defensive team for a while!

Beautiful. Makes perfect sense. Will follow. And yes, @Old_Ben12345 this is exactly the case, I don't get that much guild currency. I will stick to the plan and buy gear for my Arena team and that's it. If I will have some extra currency I will find a way to spend it.
    If you want help, I can help you find a guild by either recommending one or by helping you write an ad to put on the forums to let the right guild find you.

Maybe this could be a good thing. I'm really proud of my guild, I watched it grow in the last 6 months, but now I think I may need to get a better one and do the LeBron. Move to Miami, win the title, and eventually get back to Cleveland and share the knowledge.

So yes, i would love if you could recommend an active guild for me.

Thank you all again!
  • One thing @MasterSeedy. Usually I agree with you, but raid currency comes often and ewoks in guild store is rare so I would use for gear but always keep 2k for ewoks. Currently I have 10k and farming Dengar, Logray and gear for arena team, geos, empire.

Maybe OP doesn't get too much guild currency in the first place. In this case, farming Dengar, Logray, and also Paploo and Ewok Elder could be too much at once to also purchase gear.

I see.
    Ok. Sun fac basic dispels anyway so ... but thank you. I will take on advice.

It does, and it helps with GK taunt and the protection up you can dispel, but in tier 7 Padmé will spread Protection Up that can't be dispelled. So you will need that extra attack power to deal some damage through it. Go for the second zeta and you will have your best defensive team for a while!

Beautiful. Makes perfect sense. Will follow. And yes, @Old_Ben12345 this is exactly the case, I don't get that much guild currency. I will stick to the plan and buy gear for my Arena team and that's it. If I will have some extra currency I will find a way to spend it.

Maybe this could be a good thing. I'm really proud of my guild, I watched it grow in the last 6 months, but now I think I may need to get a better one and do the LeBron. Move to Miami, win the title, and eventually get back to Cleveland and share the knowledge.

So yes, i would love if you could recommend an active guild for me.

Thank you all again!

I see. So maybe moving guild is a good idea. Are you participating in every TW, TB and what raids are you doing?
    Can I refer you to my guild leader? Or do you want to go for Geo TB now?
  • I am partecipating in every single event. I'm actually the one who asks everyone through the chat to join events! We are at 49 million GP, we alternate low level raids (4*) for our padawans with Heroic AAT and Heroic Rancor. We can't beat Heroic Sith, so we do 6* - and it takes way too long to finish it, usually 5 to 7 days.

So yes, i should move to another guild, maybe I should find one in my time zone (Italy) so that i won't see raids get completed while I sleep.
    I am partecipating in every single event. I'm actually the one who asks everyone through the chat to join events! We are at 49 million GP, we alternate low level raids (4*) for our padawans with Heroic AAT and Heroic Rancor. We can't beat Heroic Sith, so we do 6* - and it takes way too long to finish it, usually 5 to 7 days.

So yes, i should move to another guild, maybe I should find one in my time zone (Italy) so that i won't see raids get completed while I sleep.

We're multinational, get in a merc for heroic sith, and do hPit and hAAT. We have 24hr signup for pit and aat, and for sith ~ 15hrs. I'm UK time zone and make all raids, so you probs could too. 9pm raid starts, and sith depends.