Kit Reveal: Jedi Master Luke Skywalker

124Next

Replies

• @CG_SBCrumb Please explain to us why the Jedi Master Luke has 45 from Mastery to Relic 7 like all normal characters and the rest of galactic legends have 60 from Mastery to Relic 7 ... it should be a mistake and equate to the rest of the legends
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Juldi wrote: »
    Level 1 Rey,Kylo and SEE have 15 mastery but not Luke. I don't think It's related to his buff at the start

He is the only one who starts with a boost like this. The other 3 do not have anything like that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Iker4ATM

I asked just to make sure and recieved confirmation, that yes the designer for his kit didnt want him to have any base mastery due to the +100% mastery he gains from his kit.
  • ok! thank you, although it is a disappointment since it is clearly behind the SEE, but still THANKS!
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBaOLdTAloQ&feature=youtu.be

3v5 JML with no GL

I wonder if this will cause JML to get some buffs
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    It's not rocket science, folks. If you don't want DR to walk all over your team, don't put the permataunt tank in the leader slot
  • Kyno wrote: »
    @Iker4ATM

I asked just to make sure and recieved confirmation, that yes the designer for his kit didnt want him to have any base mastery due to the +100% mastery he gains from his kit.

Thank you for asking, and this isn’t directed at the messenger, but this is a ridiculous reason. JML has by far the lowest mastery bonus in his kit of any Galactic Legend. He has no way to stack mastery throughout the battle like the other 3. So it would make sense to compensate with a higher starting value. But he starts with only 6 more mastery than Rey/Kylo after the % lead/unique bonuses are applied.
  • dgree wrote: »
    It's not rocket science, folks. If you don't want DR to walk all over your team, don't put the permataunt tank in the leader slot

Isn't that the thing which should kit designers test and take care of? We had exactly same situation with SLKR in the past (GAS+1 counter).
    @Iker4ATM

Thank you for asking, and this isn’t directed at the messenger, but this is a ridiculous reason. JML has by far the lowest mastery bonus in his kit of any Galactic Legend. He has no way to stack mastery throughout the battle like the other 3. So it would make sense to compensate with a higher starting value. But he starts with only 6 more mastery than Rey/Kylo after the % lead/unique bonuses are applied.
    JML appears pre-nerfed... I just hope that when more people have it and they analyze it to the fullest and complain, they put the same base mastery as the other legends, sklr obtains mastery to infinity and not for that reason starts from less mastery ...
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    Hortus wrote: »
    dgree wrote: »

Isn't that the thing which should kit designers test and take care of? We had exactly same situation with SLKR in the past (GAS+1 counter).
    I mean, I don't think CG really tests much at all. It's not the same situation (the issue with GAS was that they insisted on hardcoding SLKR to murder a normal GAS squad, which could be abused in combination with GAS cooldown reduction). The issue here only seems to be the case when the tank is in the leader slot rather than an ally slot, and there isn't sufficient support on the team to handle or prevent debuffs (people are running a very offensive squad here around JML). I'm not sure what the solution to that is, though, other than changing squad setup--JML is already fear immune, JKL is already fear immune, and GAS cleanses himself when crit (also designed against SE who basically always crit).

My concern is that CG is using the post-release period to have players test, and that the issues will be poorly understood (probably via poor game mechanic understanding by "game changers" or w/e and clickbaity youtube videos) and the solutions won't be narrowly tailored towards solving those issues (as was the case when they wanted to defend their SLKR AIand ability cooldowns by supercharging SLKR with perm-advantage and all its benefits).

Like you said, a decent understanding of the kits and some testing would've made a lot of the current issues obvious, just as any serious Sith player could have told CG that EP/Vader would outspeed and run around DR lead with TM gain, using ferocity against them (hence the Malak patch). My hope is that CG is paying attention to the deeper mechanics of the issues here, and is patiently coming up with good solutions. I assume they want people to spend resources on these new GLs (jedi titan squad is already pretty okay under JKR without a GL, and SEE is far worse and often even hurts a DR squad). Otherwise a lot of people may assume that GLs other than SLKR are just luxury toons.
  • I’ve been using a max JML in arena and against all teams, he takes by faaaar the longest to get to ultimate. While I appreciate the meta flexibility now, it makes many players reluctant to invest so much in him because of the easy counters to him. This is not just for arena but GAC & TW.

For this type of investment his ability to get to ultimate when not in the leader slot needs to been reviewed. Without him as leader the only way to charge his ultimate is through his special “They Grow Beyond” and that will never happen in any of those matches (TW, GAC & Arena).

Not to mention what I feel like seeing a team of 3 beat a GL, shouldn’t ever happen! While I feel he’s a very good toon, he’s not as good as he could be and I feel making his ultimate easier to trigger will go a long way to making him complete.
  • I have an issue with the 60% of protection damage thingy. It seems it's protection with mods but without skills, like +70% thx to GL and +20% leadership. Is it intended ?
    I remember a dev post about see clarifying 'base protection' where it was stated that skills should be part of it but don't remember where...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I have an issue with the 60% of protection damage thingy. It seems it's protection with mods but without skills, like +70% thx to GL and +20% leadership. Is it intended ?
    I remember a dev post about see clarifying 'base protection' where it was stated that skills should be part of it but don't remember where...

Base stats when in a battle are always with mods and no abilities.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I have an issue with the 60% of protection damage thingy. It seems it's protection with mods but without skills, like +70% thx to GL and +20% leadership. Is it intended ?

Base stats when in a battle are always with mods and no abilities.

Loud and clear, thx !