Didn’t realize you get punished for good roster management

Yung_Hen
139 posts Member
edited September 2020
Recently unlocked Malak and got him to G11 and all zeta’d out. Im barely over 2.25 mil GP and I’d say my roster is pretty well managed. I have a mostly Relic’d/G12 JKR team, a G12 Padme team, a good SE team, decent rebels, etc. I don’t have many bad investments in other words.

https://swgoh.gg/p/172678242/characters/

Before unlocking Malak and upgrading my Sith Empire I was facing ppl with similar GP but they’d often either have a bloated roster with more relics than me but very little depth, or they’d have more B and C tier teams upgraded whereas my resources have gone to mostly A squads. But ever since getting Malak, I’ve been facing people with similar or higher GP and all of them have far more relics than my 3 (JKR, DR, and GMY), and a lot have unlocked negotiator already. I never changed divisions or anything. I’m just very frustrated that I’ve managed to get a good roster while keeping my GP low but somehow my matchups have gotten significantly harder in spite of that. Almost like I got punished for having a solid roster by never having any easy matchups anymore.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Welcome to the bigs
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    So, you feel punished because you don't get easy matchups like you used to? For real?
  • It's just random draws. People read way to much into trends that are wayyyyy to short to have statistical significance.
  • Yung_Hen wrote: »
    Recently unlocked Malak and got him to G11 and all zeta’d out. Im barely over 2.25 mil GP and I’d say my roster is pretty well managed. I have a mostly Relic’d/G12 JKR team, a G12 Padme team, a good SE team, decent rebels, etc. I don’t have many bad investments in other words.

https://swgoh.gg/p/172678242/characters/

Before unlocking Malak and upgrading my Sith Empire I was facing ppl with similar GP but they’d often either have a bloated roster with more relics than me but very little depth, or they’d have more B and C tier teams upgraded whereas my resources have gone to mostly A squads.
    And there is your problem: you've allowed your A squads to get a bit too far ahead of your B squads so your roster has become too top heavy, not enough depth.

To rebalance, focus building up / rounding out some of those B squads like Geos and Bounty Hunters for a while and take it easy with the relics like limiting yourself to one key toon per squad and no more than r3 until you have your roster better balanced.
  • Yep, you may need some more depth. I only just got Malak to 7 star (just about to crack 5M roster, so way later than you I'd expect), and while my opponents vary a lot in rosters, the top heavy ones aren't necessarily the best. They've tried to encourage people to build up more teams by using the top 'X' for match making (whatever X actually is) rather than your whole GP. So build up some B teams. Has worked well for me.