Some Random Midweek Thoughts

Prev1345
Hello Holotable Heroes,

Lots of things going on in the world.

Also, Halloween is creeping up on us and Mando Season 2 is almost here!

But, let's ignore all that for now and talk about a few other things instead.

This post on Reddit came to my attention and I thought it was great! I'm always a fan of such shenanigans, and things like this show our opponents we have a human side. We come together in SWGoH because we geek out for Star Wars, and then we are pitted against each other in battle. It's fun and compelling, but going out of your way to give someone on the other side of the trenches a chuckle is grade-A stuff, imo.

In case you missed it, this guild was involved in a lopsided loss and decided they would go for an insane amount of attempts against a SLKR squad to give their opponent a good laugh. Well done!

rnyvuj85hhgn.png

Also, there's been a bit of scuttlebutt regarding a perceived bug in the SEE event. One player stated:

"I ran into a bug where Ben Solo had damage immunity and couldn't be killed during the SEE event even with Rey under 50% health. After I used SEE's ultimate, did his AOE to do health reduction, it was Vader's turn, I used merciless massacre, saber throw on Ben, and a basic and he did not die like he should have, the next move was Rey using saber throw on my Dooku and killing him while also healing up."

At first I didn't catch the finer details and thought, "Well, yeah...If Ben has Damage Immunity, he's not gonna die or get damaged."

But, what I think the player was getting at is when Rey and Ben are both in red health, that implies they are under 50% health and Damage Immunity should not apply. So, I went to a designer and was told that "red health doesn't necessarily equate to less than 50% Health. If he was super close to 50%, there's a chance he'd show red and not be below the threshold."

I decided to share this in case other players were similarly curious.

Also, I'll throw this out there; Are you gonna get all gussied up for Halloween? If so, what're you gonna go as? I bought a Threepio costume that I'm adding an Elvis wig and glasses to so I can become "EP-3O" and shake a golden leg.

Lastly, but not leastly, be kind to each other.

Replies

• Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    no idea what this post was trying to accomplish, So my Random Midweek Thoughts are how about talking about how under powered SEE and GML are compared to Rey or SLKR. Or how IT or Res Troops can beat them with blindfolds on? Why do they take so long to get to their ultimate's compared to other GL's
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    no idea what this post was trying to accomplish, So my Random Midweek Thoughts are how about talking about how under powered SEE and GML are compared to Rey or SLKR. Or how IT or Res Troops can beat them with blindfolds on? Why do they take so long to get to their ultimate's compared to other GL's

I obviously can't speak for Doja or other members of the community, but over the months there have been lots of requests showing greater interaction and communication from the developers. In this post, Doja highlights that he was paying attention to a thread on Reddit and investigating an odd interaction that a member of the community highlighted. To me and me alone, I see it as an attempt of sharing some light hearted fun with the community while showing that he is observing the community's threads on Reddit/forums and investigating issues for players. I see it as a win for the community.
  • HK22 wrote: »

I obviously can't speak for Doja or other members of the community, but over the months there have been lots of requests showing greater interaction and communication from the developers. In this post, Doja highlights that he was paying attention to a thread on Reddit and investigating an odd interaction that a member of the community highlighted. To me and me alone, I see it as an attempt of sharing some light hearted fun with the community while showing that he is observing the community's threads on Reddit/forums and investigating issues for players. I see it as a win for the community.

Spot on, thank you.

I realize the post doesn't contain earth shattering updates, hence the title is "random thoughts"

If you like it, great. If not, that's okay too.

I'll provide more substantial updates to other issues as I can or when there's something to report.
  • HK22 wrote: »

I guess something over nothing is an improvement, and seems you only require a small or simple "shout out" to be fulfilled as your return on your investment. We are no where even close to what it was or even should be compared to previous communications.
    There's always an elephant in the room that's never addressed

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    b59td51a8qfz.png
  • Kyno wrote: »
    b59td51a8qfz.png

Hey, it was either this or a pun thread.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    b59td51a8qfz.png

Wait we could have had a pun thread?????
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I thought this was pretty cool. Many members of the community have been asking for more interaction, and Doja has definitely been delivering. The thread title made it pretty clear to me that it wasn’t delivering an important announcement or news, and was just for fun. Thanks Doja!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    b59td51a8qfz.png

Apparently.

Let not have him burn all his good ideas in the first month.
  • TVF wrote: »
    b59td51a8qfz.png

I mean, it's not too late. Should we make this happen sooner rather than Vader?
  • Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of upgrade yesterday making older IOS devices obsolete?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    b59td51a8qfz.png

I luke the way you're thinking.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Phipps wrote: »
    Edited to remove a deleted post - Udal.

And if you have nothing nice to say...

But, what I think the player was getting at is when Rey and Ben are both in red health, that implies they are under 50% health and Damage Immunity should not apply. So, I went to a designer and was told that "red health doesn't necessarily equate to less than 50% Health. If he was super close to 50%, there's a chance he'd show red and not be below the threshold."

So, I mean, I appreciate that this is an answer, but handwaving it away as “not a bug” feels kind of wrong?

If the health bar color doesn’t mean anything useful, what’s the point of it at all?

Could we either get: some clear numbers on what percentages those health bar color thresholds are if they aren’t 50%, OR (even better) could we get it fixed so that the threshhold is 50%, since, other than 100%, which is easy to see, that’s the only % of health with any meaningful mechanical interactions that I know of (and there are several others too).
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    UdalCuain wrote: »

'tis already deleted
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    this is now a pun thread
  • L0rdVāder
    27 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    @CG_Doja_Fett:

What about me? I was summoned? ;)
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited October 2020

'tis already deleted

I know. Good.
    b59td51a8qfz.png

You R2 good at this.
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    guess we're like FB or Twitter now deleting posts that make people uncomfortable, nothing to see here but lets talk about puns.... SMH
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    guess we're like FB or Twitter now deleting posts that make people uncomfortable

Or posts that spoil fun threads like this, and that are the reason we can't have nice things.
    b59td51a8qfz.png

I SEE what you did there.
  • Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of upgrade yesterday making older IOS devices obsolete?

Yep. It started rolling out yesterday.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    b59td51a8qfz.png

You R2 good at this.

Same, gotta Han it to ya.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    guess we're like FB or Twitter now deleting posts that make people uncomfortable

Or posts that spoil fun threads like this, and that are the reason we can't have nice things.

I just want nice things that work for the effort put in to getting them..
    image0.png

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    guess we're like FB or Twitter now deleting posts that make people uncomfortable, nothing to see here but lets talk about puns.... SMH

I can't wait for season two of the Mandalorian. Punty Hunting is a complicated profession

So, I mean, I appreciate that this is an answer, but handwaving it away as “not a bug” feels kind of wrong?

If the health bar color doesn’t mean anything useful, what’s the point of it at all?

Could we either get: some clear numbers on what percentages those health bar color thresholds are if they aren’t 50%, OR (even better) could we get it fixed so that the threshhold is 50%, since, other than 100%, which is easy to see, that’s the only % of health with any meaningful mechanical interactions that I know of (and there are several others too).

I think this is valid. I'll see what (if anything) we can do.
  • Calo_Nord
    224 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    I heard a rumor from a Chiss bartender that Kyle Katarn is coming to the holotables dressed up as ig11 for Halloween.
  • Ultra wrote: »

I can't wait for season two of the Mandalorian. Punty Hunting is a complicated profession

Some of my favourite people are Punty Hunters.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Some of my favourite people are Punty Hunters.

I always knew you were a Cad.