Some Random Midweek Thoughts

Replies

• L0rdVāder wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett:

I mean, it's not too late. Should we make this happen sooner rather than Vader?

What about me? I was summoned? ;)

Yoda one we needed in here, apparently.
  • L0rdVāder
    27 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    “Prepare for my arrival” aurra we gooing to discuss darth jar jar?

We shall double our efforts and Leia down the red carpet for you.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    L0rdVāder wrote: »

We shall double our efforts and Leia down the red carpet for you.

Meanwhile I'm just over here Tarkin my time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

But, what I think the player was getting at is when Rey and Ben are both in red health, that implies they are under 50% health and Damage Immunity should not apply. So, I went to a designer and was told that "red health doesn't necessarily equate to less than 50% Health. If he was super close to 50%, there's a chance he'd show red and not be below the threshold."

I decided to share this in case other players were similarly curious.

So, I mean, I appreciate that this is an answer, but handwaving it away as “not a bug” feels kind of wrong?

If the health bar color doesn’t mean anything useful, what’s the point of it at all?

Could we either get: some clear numbers on what percentages those health bar color thresholds are if they aren’t 50%, OR (even better) could we get it fixed so that the threshhold is 50%, since, other than 100%, which is easy to see, that’s the only % of health with any meaningful mechanical interactions that I know of (and there are several others too).

I definitely agree with this as well. As far as I've interpreted this while playing the game for a long time, it has appeared that health bar shows green at over 50% health, yellow at 50% and below, red at 25% and below. This is the case for raid bosses as well, and is important for many abilities in the game, as well as just a general notion of how well you are doing. It's definitely important for this to be accurate and the players to have a clear and reliable understanding of what the color means. Looking to the future, I know we don't have any abilities that are associated with protection percentage yet, but if that were to happen, I think it would be reasonable to implement some sort of similar color change to show that as well.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • It’s late where I’m from but I think this is great. Look forward to seeing what other puns we get when I wake up tomorrow. Keep up the good work :)
  • Good good. den-gar we gonna maybe see a zaalbar GL? Surely his time jynn the back burner vault is over?
  • Vader with his Zaalbar again :p
    Good good. den-gar we gonna maybe see a zaalbar GL? Surely his time jynn the back burner vault is over?

Statement: It is not cool to throw shade at Bounty Hunters.
    Agree or Diss-a-Greedo?
  • On a different topic than the puns, I just want to say Doja I think you're doing a really good job, and even if this is just a random stuff post, we haven't seen this kind of communication in years. Obviously some people are going to complain no matter what, but the number of people who are feeling better about the prospects of this game since you started doing this, including myself, has gone up drastically. Keep up the good work!
  • Is it the BANE of your accts existence @CG_Doja_Fett ?
  • He Aurra have shot first then.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Good good. den-gar we gonna maybe see a zaalbar GL? Surely his time jynn the back burner vault is over?

Agree or Diss-a-Greedo?

Its Embo-ssiple to agree
  • On a different topic than the puns, I just want to say Doja I think you're doing a really good job, and even if this is just a random stuff post, we haven't seen this kind of communication in years. Obviously some people are going to complain no matter what, but the number of people who are feeling better about the prospects of this game since you started doing this, including myself, has gone up drastically. Keep up the good work!

I appreciate you.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Ultra wrote: »

Agree or Diss-a-Greedo?

Its Embo-ssiple to agree

I hate to put a Holdo on this conversation, but I Needa a new n-Ozzel for my water hose. My job requires a Mando-tory clean car for all employees.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    b59td51a8qfz.png

Hey, it was either this or a pun thread.

Wait we could have had a pun thread?????

I mean, it's not too late. Should we make this happen sooner rather than Vader?

I luke the way you're thinking.

You R2 good at this.

I need to Leia here and think that one

I appreciate you.

@CG_Doja_Fett as his guild leader, its best not to compliment @DarthTriumvirate, its downhill slope, ending with him being chatty😜 hahah in all seriousness keep
    Up the good work doja

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    On a different topic than the puns, I just want to say Doja I think you're doing a really good job, and even if this is just a random stuff post, we haven't seen this kind of communication in years. Obviously some people are going to complain no matter what, but the number of people who are feeling better about the prospects of this game since you started doing this, including myself, has gone up drastically. Keep up the good work!

I appreciate you.

You have done a great job Shan-ing light into these forums.
  • DarthTriumvirate
    82 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    On a different topic than the puns, I just want to say Doja I think you're doing a really good job, and even if this is just a random stuff post, we haven't seen this kind of communication in years. Obviously some people are going to complain no matter what, but the number of people who are feeling better about the prospects of this game since you started doing this, including myself, has gone up drastically. Keep up the good work!

I appreciate you.

@CG_Doja_Fett as his guild leader, its best not to compliment @DarthTriumvirate, its downhill slope, ending with him being chatty😜 hahah in all seriousness keep
    Up the good work doja

:|
    Well I tried to put a gif but it didn't work haha. I'll be bothering you later.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Monel wrote: »

I appreciate you.

You have done a great job Shan-ing light into these forums.
    This pun has fallen short of perfection

I appreciate you.

Up the good work doja

:|
    Well I tried to put a gif but it didn't work haha. I'll be bothering you later.

Oh no 👀
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    guess we're like FB or Twitter now deleting posts that make people uncomfortable, nothing to see here but lets talk about puns.... SMH

I can't wait for season two of the Mandalorian. Punty Hunting is a complicated profession

I have Spock.
  • This is the Wei
  • Thanks, Doja, I'd been feeling Solo for a long time, but this thread really picked me up!
  • My wife hates Star Wars so I guess I’ll be watching mando Solo.
  • DarfDo
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Seriously all, good Greef.
  • My little girl only use a Bib for tuna.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So, there is a thread showing a result of faulty matchmaking as well as a lack of balance, which is both a long-standing concern (though maybe not expressed in that particular thread, I didn't read it, just going off this post), and the closest thing to an official response we get is "lol, they ran into SLKR 100 times". Glad to see players' concerns taken seriously.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    So, there is a thread showing a result of faulty matchmaking as well as a lack of balance, which is both a long-standing concern (though maybe not expressed in that particular thread, I didn't read it, just going off this post), and the closest thing to an official response we get is "lol, they ran into SLKR 100 times". Glad to see players' concerns taken seriously.

If you checked the post you’d have known it was light hearted and for fun, as is this thread now. There’s other threads about TW matchmaking, let us have a bit of fun in this one. We wanted increased interaction, sometimes that means having a bit of fun in a thread as a community, not every post Doja makes should have to be about addressing an issue.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    Also, I'll throw this out there; Are you gonna get all gussied up for Halloween? If so, what're you gonna go as? I bought a Threepio costume that I'm adding an Elvis wig and glasses to so I can become "EP-3O" and shake a golden leg.
    I appreciate your dynamic writing, and in the interest of kindness I'll withhold judgment, but I'm fairly skeptical about this plan, man.