Some Random Midweek Thoughts

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    So, there is a thread showing a result of faulty matchmaking as well as a lack of balance, which is both a long-standing concern (though maybe not expressed in that particular thread, I didn't read it, just going off this post), and the closest thing to an official response we get is "lol, they ran into SLKR 100 times". Glad to see players' concerns taken seriously.

If you checked the post you’d have known it was light hearted and for fun, as is this thread now. There’s other threads about TW matchmaking, let us have a bit of fun in this one. We wanted increased interaction, sometimes that means having a bit of fun in a thread as a community, not every post Doja makes should have to be about addressing an issue.

Is there a response in all those threads about matchmaking, though? Sure, we can have a bit of lighthearted fun, but how about addressing all the banthas in the room too? If the only response to the matchmaking issue is "haha, this guild got wrecked so they decided to rack up losses against Kylo", it's almost insulting. A simple acknowledgment of the issue, even in a supposedly lighthearted thread, would go a long way.
  • dgree wrote: »
    Also, I'll throw this out there; Are you gonna get all gussied up for Halloween? If so, what're you gonna go as? I bought a Threepio costume that I'm adding an Elvis wig and glasses to so I can become "EP-3O" and shake a golden leg.
    I appreciate your dynamic writing, and in the interest of kindness I'll withhold judgment, but I'm fairly skeptical about this plan, man.

Also, shaking a silver leg would be far geekier.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    So, there is a thread showing a result of faulty matchmaking as well as a lack of balance, which is both a long-standing concern (though maybe not expressed in that particular thread, I didn't read it, just going off this post), and the closest thing to an official response we get is "lol, they ran into SLKR 100 times". Glad to see players' concerns taken seriously.

If you checked the post you’d have known it was light hearted and for fun, as is this thread now. There’s other threads about TW matchmaking, let us have a bit of fun in this one. We wanted increased interaction, sometimes that means having a bit of fun in a thread as a community, not every post Doja makes should have to be about addressing an issue.

Is there a response in all those threads about matchmaking, though? Sure, we can have a bit of lighthearted fun, but how about addressing all the banthas in the room too? If the only response to the matchmaking issue is "haha, this guild got wrecked so they decided to rack up losses against Kylo", it's almost insulting. A simple acknowledgment of the issue, even in a supposedly lighthearted thread, would go a long way.

On TW matchmaking no I don’t think there has been to be fair. But I don’t think it’s fair to say they’re ignoring player concerns. Remember the biggest concern was communication and interaction. We’re getting that. Doja said that him and Crumb want to look at the Sith raid rewards in a recent thread but it’s not fully up to them. Give them time and they’ll get to other issues. Sometimes you’ve just got to let a light hearted thread be just that.
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    no idea what this post was trying to accomplish, So my Random Midweek Thoughts are how about talking about how under powered SEE and GML are compared to Rey or SLKR. Or how IT or Res Troops can beat them with blindfolds on? Why do they take so long to get to their ultimate's compared to other GL's

It’s unfortunate that when we’re getting such good communication you can be so negative. I personally really enjoyed the post and though that it really humanized CGdojafett so he’s not just a name on a screen. Thank you for all these posts Doja, even if they’re not always ground breaking news. Keep up the good work. Also, do you know when we’re getting the kid reveals for IG-11 and quil ?

• TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    b59td51a8qfz.png

Hey, it was either this or a pun thread.

Wait we could have had a pun thread?????

I mean, it's not too late. Should we make this happen sooner rather than Vader?

I luke the way you're thinking.

You R2 good at this.

These puns are jarjaring my skull.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

@Nauros again, we run into the lack of understanding of his position. He cannot acknowledge something and it would be wrong od him to do so if they did not have data to support or some other decision about the situation.

He is engaging with the community, something many have been asking for. He will never be able to solve all the problems or bring them all to light and into the path in 2 weeks

Not everyone has to enjoy this, but some do. There is no reason to try and highjack a thread because he has not been able to say anything on a particular topic yet. It's not his choice what he can and cannot comment on and he should not try to make false promises or acknowledgements just to appease the player base.
    b59td51a8qfz.png

g0x5nb4ld4dt.jpg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

@Nauros again, we run into the lack of understanding of his position. He cannot acknowledge something and it would be wrong od him to do so if they did not have data to support or some other decision about the situation.

He is engaging with the community, something many have been asking for. He will never be able to solve all the problems or bring them all to light and into the path in 2 weeks

Not everyone has to enjoy this, but some do. There is no reason to try and highjack a thread because he has not been able to say anything on a particular topic yet. It's not his choice what he can and cannot comment on and he should not try to make false promises or acknowledgements just to appease the player base.

And what exactly prevents him from writing something like "I know (or We know if it's at least looked on by someone else at CG) that it's a painful issue for a significant part of the community, but this particular guild decided to have a little fun" or something along those lines? That alone would make it feel less like a mockery. I don't think anyone expects Doja to singlehandedly solve every single issue plaguing this game, but when he uses the symptoms of one for his lighthearted thread, the least he can do is to acknowledge that he personally (if he can't speak for CG at large) knows about it. And if he really monitors the activity here and on other sites, he does know.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

And what exactly prevents him from writing something like "I know (or We know if it's at least looked on by someone else at CG) that it's a painful issue for a significant part of the community, but this particular guild decided to have a little fun" or something along those lines? That alone would make it feel less like a mockery. I don't think anyone expects Doja to singlehandedly solve every single issue plaguing this game, but when he uses the symptoms of one for his lighthearted thread, the least he can do is to acknowledge that he personally (if he can't speak for CG at large) knows about it. And if he really monitors the activity here and on other sites, he does know.

What prevents him from doing that is that he doesnt make the decision, and he cannot speak put of turn.

He is going to engage the community in multiple ways, that in no way means he is mocking any segment or topic by not responding. Please take note of that fact, and let things like this go if you have no interest in being engaged in a conversation like this.

Dude, relax, you are looking for answers in Alderaan places.

• Jpfit262 wrote: »

I should get that quote tattooined on my back.

That would be so hoth.
  • OMG, all these puns are all terrible! I love it! :)
    b59td51a8qfz.png

g0x5nb4ld4dt.jpg

It’s a peaceful life
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »

That would be so hoth.

Honestly I would be scariff my wife found out.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »

That would be so hoth.

Honestly I would be scariff my wife found out.

MIne has a tatooine on her back of scariff.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    My wife hates Star Wars so I guess I’ll be watching mando Solo.

You should be thankful; you're wookiee to have her.
  • FYI the health was after the SEE ult, it was the 1% red on Ben and Rey where the next hit should have killed him.
  • Well my costume is quite punny so I'll share it here. I'm wearing Vader t-shirt, Vader sunglasses, and a hoodie with a very deep hood. And carrying mini bottles of Absolut in my pockets because....... :sunglasses: "Only a sith deals in Absoluts"

YEEAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • dgree wrote: »
    Also, I'll throw this out there; Are you gonna get all gussied up for Halloween? If so, what're you gonna go as? I bought a Threepio costume that I'm adding an Elvis wig and glasses to so I can become "EP-3O" and shake a golden leg.
    I appreciate your dynamic writing, and in the interest of kindness I'll withhold judgment, but I'm fairly skeptical about this plan, man.

It won't be the first time something backfires for me. We'll see.
  • Jeebo101 wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    no idea what this post was trying to accomplish, So my Random Midweek Thoughts are how about talking about how under powered SEE and GML are compared to Rey or SLKR. Or how IT or Res Troops can beat them with blindfolds on? Why do they take so long to get to their ultimate's compared to other GL's

It’s unfortunate that when we’re getting such good communication you can be so negative. I personally really enjoyed the post and though that it really humanized CGdojafett so he’s not just a name on a screen. Thank you for all these posts Doja, even if they’re not always ground breaking news. Keep up the good work. Also, do you know when we’re getting the kid reveals for IG-11 and quil ?

Soon! (tm)

My guess would be next week, unless something unexpected occurs.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Jeebo101 wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »

Soon! (tm)

My guess would be next week, unless something unexpected occurs.

Kid reveals confirmed!

We know IG’s kid is probably baby yoda but can’t believe Kuill has a kid too!!

Hey, I understand your frustration. You're not alone. I believe I've alluded to this in another post (I could be wrong) that this is something I will keep bringing to the attention of the devs so they are aware of player sentiment.

But, also understand that I have a whole slough of things I'm advocating for on behalf of players based upon their concerns. So, I have to be tactical about what I bring to them, when I bring it, and how much priority it seems to have in the community.

We all want this to be the best game it can be, and that means something different to everyone. I'm building a list and trying to get through it all. It takes time.

So, keep pushing for the change you want to see -- in a constructive way. Just also know that every post isn't going to be the news you might want to hear, and may even be stuff you don't care about (like this one apparently). But, at the end of the day, I'm trying to be as interactive as I can be with the community, so I'd rather post something like this versus nothing. At the same time, I'm trying to catch as much as I can as far as players' requests and give them the attention they deserve.

Hey, I understand your frustration. You're not alone. I believe I've alluded to this in another post (I could be wrong) that this is something I will keep bringing to the attention of the devs so they are aware of player sentiment.

But, also understand that I have a whole slough of things I'm advocating for on behalf of players based upon their concerns. So, I have to be tactical about what I bring to them, when I bring it, and how much priority it seems to have in the community.

We all want this to be the best game it can be, and that means something different to everyone. I'm building a list and trying to get through it all. It takes time.

So, keep pushing for the change you want to see -- in a constructive way. Just also know that every post isn't going to be the news you might want to hear, and may even be stuff you don't care about (like this one apparently). But, at the end of the day, I'm trying to be as interactive as I can be with the community, so I'd rather post something like this versus nothing. At the same time, I'm trying to catch as much as I can as far as players' requests and give them the attention they deserve.

I know I can speak for a lot of people that we really appreciate what you are doing to bring these things to the attention of people who can at least try to do something about them, and how we all need to work together to make the game better, and we can't just complain and expect things to happen.
    For what it's worth, speaking to the idea of bringing things to the devs that have a lot of community concern, TW and GAC matchmaking, but TW matchmaking especially have been a huge concern for the community for a long time. I know GAC matchmaking is continuing to get refined as we go along, but TW matchmaking is not, and that was designed in a time when the most powerful characters in the game were the likes of Emperor Palpatine and CLS, and the design and concept of how guilds worked was fundamentally different.
    Short of asking the entire gamemode to be redone, which I know would take a considerable amount of time and could lead to many other issues, it would be nice to have the matchmaking refined a little bit. One of the biggest issues with TW is that it only takes active gp for matchmaking, which allows very easily for sandbagging, a technique that has ruined the entire gamemode for a large portion of the community. Taking something like a top gp comparison like GAC has, or using number of members to match instead of just active gp would significantly improve the matchmaking using code that is already implemented elsewhere in the game and would hopefully make a lot of people happier.

So of course I can't tell you how to do your job, nor should I, but I just would like to bring that particular issue up as something to consider :)
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Thanks for the reply! I didn't see that "another post", so it seemed to me like the only post somewhat related to the topic was this thread. I'm glad that I was wrong and it's actually taken seriously, even when it means that it might take some time until we see any changes. That's exactly what I was missing in your initial post.
  • Asylumwar8 wrote: »

What prevents him from doing that is that he doesnt make the decision, and he cannot speak put of turn.

He is going to engage the community in multiple ways, that in no way means he is mocking any segment or topic by not responding. Please take note of that fact, and let things like this go if you have no interest in being engaged in a conversation like this.

Why can't this come from @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_Doja_Fett?

It has. I've posted similar things. And Kyno has posted this sentiment multiple times as well.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »

Why can't this come from @CG_SBCrumb or @CG_Doja_Fett?

ck2qu7nmdo9y.jpeg
    There’s an example for you.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    You Ben waiting to repeat that?

EDIT: this post made more sense before the edit made to the post directly above it
    Post edited by TVF on
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    It has. I've posted similar things. And Kyno has posted this sentiment multiple times as well.

Anakin keep the receipts if y’all don’t believe me. - Doja probably

Quick edit.... do Canadians say ya’ll?