Which empire zeta first?

Would you guys do palp lead zeta or Vader merciless zeta first?

Replies

• Merciless -> Palp lead -> Vader unique -> Thrawn ebb and flow, imo.
    If using Piett on a Vader team rather than troopers, throw that unique in after vader's unique. (vader's unique is needed to efficiently deal with geos due to spy's stealth)

Palp's unique and vader/thrawn leads don't make much of a difference. Palp's unique is something you'll eventually want, but it really isn't that much of a priority. Piett's suborbital zeta is the same deal as palp's unique - it's good, really good, but it's not nearly as strong as the others, and is also highly reliant on piett actually being geared enough to kill.
  • 6 of one...

When you have two great zetas like this, I think you need to ask yourself which would be more fun to play. You need both, you're going to get both, Palp makes marginal characters good (like Tarkin, who AoE debuffs to benefit the whole team) and makes a super cheap toon like TFP a great value (with all those debuffs around, TFP is going to hit hard & often). It's a zeta that makes the team better.

Vader's zeta makes Vader better. But it makes Vader massively better. Massively.

So from a pure power-efficiency standpoint, the zeta order is dependent on your roster and your empire squad. Are you running Tarkin & TFP in your empire squad because you're a newer player & that's what's available?

Or are you a midgame player who just neglected Empire zetas, but you'll be using Thrawn & Imperial Probe?

If you already have the great characters, then you don't need Palp to make them better and Vader can go first. Also, if Vader is relic'd and the rest of the squad is g11 or less, Vader can go first. (or if Vader is g9 & the rest of the team is g7, etc.)

But if you're going to be using starting empire toons like Tarkin & TFP, especially if those toons are geared just as high Vader (or higher, but I hope that isn't the case), then Palp is the more efficient zeta.

But again, all these comments are about your most efficient path to power. Since you're going to be getting the 2nd of these zetas relatively quickly, the order really isn't going to change very many battles' outcomes.

Since you're not going to have a big shift in wins and losses, and since this is a game after all, I still think the better question is, "Which zeta is more fun?"

That's a question you'll have to answer for yourself.

• 9qhbpdaj6yht.jpg
    6 of one...

When you have two great zetas like this, I think you need to ask yourself which would be more fun to play. You need both, you're going to get both, Palp makes marginal characters good (like Tarkin, who AoE debuffs to benefit the whole team) and makes a super cheap toon like TFP a great value (with all those debuffs around, TFP is going to hit hard & often). It's a zeta that makes the team better.

Vader's zeta makes Vader better. But it makes Vader massively better. Massively.

So from a pure power-efficiency standpoint, the zeta order is dependent on your roster and your empire squad. Are you running Tarkin & TFP in your empire squad because you're a newer player & that's what's available?

Or are you a midgame player who just neglected Empire zetas, but you'll be using Thrawn & Imperial Probe?

If you already have the great characters, then you don't need Palp to make them better and Vader can go first. Also, if Vader is relic'd and the rest of the squad is g11 or less, Vader can go first. (or if Vader is g9 & the rest of the team is g7, etc.)

But if you're going to be using starting empire toons like Tarkin & TFP, especially if those toons are geared just as high Vader (or higher, but I hope that isn't the case), then Palp is the more efficient zeta.

But again, all these comments are about your most efficient path to power. Since you're going to be getting the 2nd of these zetas relatively quickly, the order really isn't going to change very many battles' outcomes.

Since you're not going to have a big shift in wins and losses, and since this is a game after all, I still think the better question is, "Which zeta is more fun?"

That's a question you'll have to answer for yourself.

I have neglected my empire team but it isnt purely noob toons. I should have shoretroper at 6* tomorrow. Tarkin is still a big part of my squad. My Vader is fairly weak still. I am thinking palp first to rev up the whole team. I am currently farming for Vader gear. Thank you for your response it gave me good stuff to think about.
  • Artumas wrote: »
    Merciless -> Palp lead -> Vader unique -> Thrawn ebb and flow, imo.
    If using Piett on a Vader team rather than troopers, throw that unique in after vader's unique. (vader's unique is needed to efficiently deal with geos due to spy's stealth)

Palp's unique and vader/thrawn leads don't make much of a difference. Palp's unique is something you'll eventually want, but it really isn't that much of a priority. Piett's suborbital zeta is the same deal as palp's unique - it's good, really good, but it's not nearly as strong as the others, and is also highly reliant on piett actually being geared enough to kill.

Why would you zeta Thrawn Ebb and Flow? Other than the +50% defense and tenacity, it only removes TM from fractured enemies but fractured enemies already have 0 speed and can't gain bonus TM, so it only works against raid bosses.

As for the original post, I would follow the above timeline. Merciless - Palp lead- Vader's unique - Vader lead
    Unless there is a good reason I'm missing to do Thrawn zeta, I would do Vader lead. There is atleast 1 mission in Hoth DS TB where you have to use his lead, and I think some Galactic Legends Rey counters use Vader lead.
  • I would go Vader first. 5+ turns in a row with +50%offense is better than palps zeta IMO. Completely changes the team. Palps zeta adds turn meter in longer battles. But Vader will kill a couple toons fast and make the battles short. With palp as a leader(even with no zeta) you can open with force crush, then Vader will go again and use mm. So you will get 6 turns in a row from Vader
  • jawa7778 wrote: »
    Artumas wrote: »
    Merciless -> Palp lead -> Vader unique -> Thrawn ebb and flow, imo.

Why would you zeta Thrawn Ebb and Flow? Other than the +50% defense and tenacity, it only removes TM from fractured enemies but fractured enemies already have 0 speed and can't gain bonus TM, so it only works against raid bosses.

As for the original post, I would follow the above timeline. Merciless - Palp lead- Vader's unique - Vader lead
    Unless there is a good reason I'm missing to do Thrawn zeta, I would do Vader lead. There is atleast 1 mission in Hoth DS TB where you have to use his lead, and I think some Galactic Legends Rey counters use Vader lead.

Imagine X character is at 90% TM when getting fractured, the initial hit removes TM, but the rest can still be remove via another empire allies abilities, what better than having the fractured enemy who starts moving again, with 0 TM

For the OP,

I would say Merciless zeta first, then Palp leader
    Tbh, Vader lead is not tht useful (afaik) on early game, it's a must on the JKL event, and against GL Rey, but, that's not gonna happen in a while, so, probably after Merciless and Palp lead, you should go for either Vader's unique or Thrawn unique
  • @Snowbird13

If you look at the OPs toons, Vader is undergeared. MM is an excellent zeta, but the OP can (and should) get Palp's lead & MM sequentially. At most, whichever one you're picking goes without for 3 weeks, and that's assuming REALLY bad zeta income. for many people it's half that.

So I would argue that
    1) it's not going to matter much, since they need both & already announced that they would get both,
    and
    2) Vader going first only helps **more** than Palp's zeta helps if Vader is geared at least equally with the rest of the squad. That's not true here.

I think that what you say has some merit, but it's not an easy question and your position is somewhat undercut in this particular case of a low-gear Vader (as compared to his squadmates), & I think the OP is doing fine whichever zeta they choose first.
  • The whole squad is undergeared. But their all at similar gear levels. Getting 6 attacks in a row from the strongest attacker would transform that team more than gaining TM from expiring debuffs(emperor still gives TM for applying debuffs without the zeta).At his GP, he will probably face bugs on defense in Gac. Without mm, that squad wont touch a similar gear geonosian squad. It would destroy one with it. And lots of other squads that empire struggled with before the Vader rework.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    The whole squad is undergeared. But their all at similar gear levels. Getting 6 attacks in a row from the strongest attacker would transform that team more than gaining TM from expiring debuffs(emperor still gives TM for applying debuffs without the zeta).At his GP, he will probably face bugs on defense in Gac. Without mm, that squad wont touch a similar gear geonosian squad. It would destroy one with it. And lots of other squads that empire struggled with before the Vader rework.

I am using my padme to beat bugs for now but will switch to Empire when they are up to the task. I did the palp zeta and am pleased. It really makes a big difference. I should have Vader going in a couple weeks. I might do ahsoka first though for my padme squad.