SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Shiryu
    411 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Eweff wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Bastila Lead, not Fallen Bastila lead. And I’m fairly sure SEE can win that battle.

You are correct. I typo-d. But I’m pretty sure I saw ultimate SEE on offense lose to Bast lead JML, but I could be wrong. Let me go look

https://youtu.be/PNAybDBVlbI

Yep. LS Bast L, JML, JKL, hyoda, wat.

JML won't die, even against 5 sith remaining and before ult its a timeout (either attacking or defending) and post ult JML wins 100% of the time.

SEEs problem is 2 fold.
    1. He does no damage or his debuff utility. The fixes for this shall be at the end after point 2.
    2. He directly counters and doesn't work with his sith allys with his kit.
    ---Example 1. Malak not having protection to regain from SEE second ability. As well as mastery stacking from SEE lead gives malak protection yet he can't raise his health (from unique) after battle starts. So he only gains health steal and armor. AS WELL as link stops the enemy from critting.. so malak can't even fear or taunt from inflicting fear.
    Example 2. Sion. Under SEE lead no Sith can revive. (this doesn't stop daka zombie). This anti revive directly counters Sions main gimmick. He has lower tank stats to make up for the fact he can revive over and over. Deathmark, Rey WW, SlKR on any attack, wat wep tech, Treya Isolate, DN annihilate, GAS in general, all already prevent this. SO WHY IS THIS EVEN HERE?
    Example 3. Any Sith with health abilities. Ill list them off.. Treya (Prot up based on MAX HEALTH. Both her unique and Iso buff she gives), Sion (revive ability restores his health), DN (especially this one as he has 2 ways to stack health), EP, Darth Sid, Maul (another big contender), Savage (gets HoTs), DR / BSF (health steal for their massive health pools), MALAK, Mara (health steal to keep him alive), SE Trooper (more prot up, aka max life needed), vader (heals when dots fade).

Ok... so basically all the sith.

Now for SEE damage. I have a few vids from the same shardmatw above that has my SEE hitting 60k on his ult aoe and 40k on his shock. My SEE has a speed set with CD triangle... hes to slow to not run a speed set.

Ways to fix his damage that won't make him to strong
    1. Add the same +50% more damage to his basic that ALL OTHER GLS get for their damaging abilities.
    2. Sow Discord - have the weakest enemy get deceive at SEE turn start, not limited to only LS (SEE deceived EVERYONE.. not just the jedi or LS)
    3. Post Ult have his Revitalized Shock keep the 50% damage increase from his Discord basic along with having the 150% damage bonus to ANY deceived target. again removing the LS restriction.
    4. Have his ultimate AOE do more damage period. Sure it instantly kills 2 targets when he uses it only when link is active... and oh wait it doesn't when rey ults.
    5. Make link useful and add more detrimental effects to deceive. You can fix his damage another way. Make deceived targets have -50% defense and any sith hitting deceived targets have +50% armor pen. As for link... no clue here. It just feels very lacking.... OH I KNOW! have it deal damage to targets with Prot up, maybe 25% of the total value of prot up, and SEE gains prot equal to 25% of the damage delt.. this way prot up can still be healed but see can then affect it.... also find some way to link single targets... so he can't be 1v5ed

TLDR... fix his synergies with Sith and give him the damage they said he would do.
    Per their post he was suppose to be equal to the other GLs.. so far he's half as strong as SEE for the damage and provides less debuffs then JML, and less utility then rey.

Another small fix is to tweak ALL the old sith... but that won't happen

Post edited by Shiryu on
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    @Sewpot JKR is hardcoded to attack Traya first (kind of like all the GLs being obsessed with 5s, resulting in the main cheesy 5s/Chewy counters to SLKR)

Also, as far as Ability Blocks--Traya cleanses debuffs from Sith and DR cleanses AB from Sith Empire

but if you want a cure against JML, this looks like a decent Sith counter to him that I've been seeing:

https://youtu.be/jG4y00gcT7Q

wait, who's that GL in that sith squad?
  • Shiryu
    411 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    dgree wrote: »
    @Sewpot JKR is hardcoded to attack Traya first (kind of like all the GLs being obsessed with 5s, resulting in the main cheesy 5s/Chewy counters to SLKR)

Also, as far as Ability Blocks--Traya cleanses debuffs from Sith and DR cleanses AB from Sith Empire

but if you want a cure against JML, this looks like a decent Sith counter to him that I've been seeing:

https://youtu.be/jG4y00gcT7Q

wait, who's that GL in that sith squad?

Yep. SEE is useless if he isn't lead. Cause he will NEVER ULT if he's not lead, and his damage is so lacking either way (lead or not) that he's dead weight if he's an ally.

Edit: and he doesn't provide enough utility in debuffs or synergies to even qualify his lack of dmg
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Shiryu wrote: »
    Bastila Lead, not Fallen Bastila lead. And I’m fairly sure SEE can win that battle.

You are correct. I typo-d. But I’m pretty sure I saw ultimate SEE on offense lose to Bast lead JML, but I could be wrong. Let me go look

JML won't die, even against 5 sith remaining and before ult its a timeout (either attacking or defending) and post ult JML wins 100% of the time.

SEEs problem is 2 fold.
    1. He does no damage or his debuff utility. The fixes for this shall be at the end after point 2.
    ---Example 1. Malak not having protection to regain from SEE second ability. As well as mastery stacking from SEE lead gives malak protection yet he can't raise his health (from unique) after battle starts. So he only gains health steal and armor. AS WELL as link stops the enemy from critting.. so malak can't even fear or taunt from inflicting fear.
    Example 2. Sion. Under SEE lead no Sith can revive. (this doesn't stop daka zombie). This anti revive directly counters Sions main gimmick. He has lower tank stats to make up for the fact he can revive over and over. Deathmark, Rey WW, SlKR on any attack, wat wep tech, Treya Isolate, DN annihilate, GAS in general, all already prevent this. SO WHY IS THIS EVEN HERE?
    Example 3. Any Sith with health abilities. Ill list them off.. Treya (Prot up based on MAX HEALTH. Both her unique and Iso buff she gives), Sion (revive ability restores his health), DN (especially this one as he has 2 ways to stack health), EP, Darth Sid, Maul (another big contender), Savage (gets HoTs), DR / BSF (health steal for their massive health pools), MALAK, Mara (health steal to keep him alive), SE Trooper (more prot up, aka max life needed), vader (heals when dots fade).

Now for SEE damage. I have a few vids from the same shardmatw above that has my SEE hitting 60k on his ult aoe and 40k on his shock. My SEE has a speed set with CD triangle... hes to slow to not run a speed set.

1. Add the same +50% more damage to his basic that ALL OTHER GLS get for their damaging abilities.
    2. Sow Discord - have the weakest enemy get deceive at SEE turn start, not limited to only LS (SEE deceived EVERYONE.. not just the jedi or LS)
    3. Post Ult have his Revitalized Shock keep the 50% damage increase from his Discord basic along with having the 150% damage bonus to ANY deceived target. again removing the LS restriction.
    4. Have his ultimate AOE do more damage period. Sure it instantly kills 2 targets when he uses it only when link is active... and oh wait it doesn't when rey ults.
    5. Make link useful and add more detrimental effects to deceive. You can fix his damage another way. Make deceived targets have -50% defense and any sith hitting deceived targets have +50% armor pen. As for link... no clue here. It just feels very lacking.... OH I KNOW! have it deal damage to targets with Prot up, maybe 25% of the total value of prot up, and SEE gains prot equal to 25% of the damage delt.. this way prot up can still be healed but see can then affect it.... also find some way to link single targets... so he can't be 1v5ed

TLDR... fix his synergies with Sith and give him the damage they said he would do.
    Per their post he was suppose to be equal to the other GLs.. so far he's half as strong as SEE for the damage and provides less debuffs then JML, and less utility then rey.

Doesn’t see’s linked enemy annihilate work when Rey is in ultimate? I guess I never tried it but DN’s annihilate works against anyone that isn’t Rey when she activate her ultimate. If his annihilate doesn’t work, that seems like a bug.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Shiryu
    411 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    RAYRAY wrote: »

SEEs problem is 2 fold.

Doesn’t see’s linked enemy annihilate work when Rey is in ultimate? I guess I never tried it but DN’s annihilate works against anyone that isn’t Rey when she activate her ultimate. If his annihilate doesn’t work, that seems like a bug.

I'll try it again but pretty sure it just hit 1 damage 2 times and they lived through it.

Edit: ok so it does kill through reys ult however on defense SEE links Rey 100% of the time... even through she has LITERALLY the lowest total protection in the game. so it does nothing.
    That and from all the vids my shardmate has shown me 3p0 is targeted 100%, of the time as well. Whether he's with rebs, rey, or GR
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

SEEs problem is 2 fold.

I'll try it again but pretty sure it just hit 1 damage 2 times and they lived through it.

If DN’s works, that’s gotta be a bug then.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

SEEs problem is 2 fold.

That would be my guess, Please let me know if it doesn't' work and I will pass this along to check.
  • m1b9zqjdcajp.png

Here's another **** encounter with SEE. If treya was lead this wouldn't happen ever.

It's sad when EP and treya.. or even DV.. are better sith leads then older EP / the ABSOLUTE ruler of the sith.
  • Kyno wrote: »

SEEs problem is 2 fold.

That would be my guess, Please let me know if it doesn't' work and I will pass this along to check.

It works. Had to go verify. Granted when I noticed it a week ago it could have been a misunderstanding or a bug then.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    @Shiryu that's not SEE countering Luke, with all allies surviving, it's SLKR :tongue:
  • dgree wrote: »
    @Shiryu that's not SEE countering Luke, with all allies surviving, it's SLKR :tongue:

Oh I know. Im just agreeing with you in that SEE is dead weight if hes not lead (no ult gain) and even when he is lead his ult is more of a detriment then a buff... as he loses the calling allies to assist and the defense side of restoring their meager low protection scores.
  • Take a moment with me and imagine a world where you need to relic 15 heros, at least half of them trash that have no real use in the game, to even unlock the ability to start farming a GaLacTiC LeGeND. And then, you need to spend weeks farming event tickets, just to unlock him. And then, not only do you need to spend more weeks, maybe months, farming event tickets to unlock his ultimate ability, but his ultimate ability is so poor, that he's actually better without it. Oh, and then you need to gear up him too, one of the hardest gearings in the game, because his mastery is only good at relic level 7. And then, after all that work and money spent (if you did spend money and didn't want to wait 6 months just to get the event tickets), he's a wet paper bag that had only 1 real use in the game and doesn't even excel at it. And gets easily defeated by teams that are years old.

Just think about it. A galactic legend. One of the hardest, longest, most expensive unlocks in the game. Only 3 other heros in the entire game rival this difficulty - Rey Skywalker, Grand Poobah Kylo Ren, and Senior Citizen Luke. But at least those heros have so many uses in the game, and their required relic heros are mostly decent, or legends all on their own.

This is 2020. This is a horrible year. This, is Sith Eternal Emperor.
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    Take a moment with me and imagine a world where you need to relic 15 heros, at least half of them trash that have no real use in the game, to even unlock the ability to start farming a GaLacTiC LeGeND. And then, you need to spend weeks farming event tickets, just to unlock him. And then, not only do you need to spend more weeks, maybe months, farming event tickets to unlock his ultimate ability, but his ultimate ability is so poor, that he's actually better without it. Oh, and then you need to gear up him too, one of the hardest gearings in the game, because his mastery is only good at relic level 7. And then, after all that work and money spent (if you did spend money and didn't want to wait 6 months just to get the event tickets), he's a wet paper bag that had only 1 real use in the game and doesn't even excel at it. And gets easily defeated by teams that are years old.

Just think about it. A galactic legend. One of the hardest, longest, most expensive unlocks in the game. Only 3 other heros in the entire game rival this difficulty - Rey Skywalker, Grand Poobah Kylo Ren, and Senior Citizen Luke. But at least those heros have so many uses in the game, and their required relic heros are mostly decent, or legends all on their own.

This is 2020. This is a horrible year. This, is Sith Eternal Emperor.

Justice for our LEADER of the Sith.
    Justice for a KIT that should have been.
    Justice for Sith Eternal Emperor
  • LordDunbar
    477 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Justice for our LEADER of the Sith.
    Justice for a KIT that should have been.
    Justice for Sith Eternal Emperor

oslavornm4b5.gif

• I like his shirt though.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    BTW, I know people come in here every other day claiming SEE should be terrible because DR can counter other GLs. I don't think that's a totally relevant thing to point out, but it's worth mentioning in that case that.... well, DR beats SEE as well.

The fun part about it is that while SLKR requires a high-relic pretaunt tank just to survive his ridiculous initial annihilate (JML's contribution to the jedi), here it actually helps when weaker tanks are used against SEE--he's forced to link them, and then his squad is forced to kill them.

https://youtu.be/v3UUKbUKtI4
  • So Ahnald reckon he might have found SEE's niche - final phase of Geo TB. Heck of a price to 4 / 4 one battle.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    I went 4/4 in DSTB but so what? one additional wave that could be reliably gotten without SEE.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    I went 4/4 in DSTB but so what? one additional wave that could be reliably gotten without SEE.

I'm not arguing with you. If SEE's "thing" is a reliable 4 / 4 in TB then that's a truly poor return on the investment to get him.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    4397lmvbnons.png
    Yep this is his moment to shine!! Lol lol lol

yh2kevnb790w.jpeg
    My arena mates laughing at me. My SEE with ultimate.
    And mods don’t seem to matter. I’ve tried many different sets now and speed and health seem to do more for him then any crit or offence sets.
    It wouldn’t feels so bad if I could post pictures of SEE with a bunch of scrubs and not have a loss on my team.
    Oh to dream 🤔
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    dgree wrote: »
    BTW, I know people come in here every other day claiming SEE should be terrible because DR can counter other GLs. I don't think that's a totally relevant thing to point out, but it's worth mentioning in that case that.... well, DR beats SEE as well.

The fun part about it is that while SLKR requires a high-relic pretaunt tank just to survive his ridiculous initial annihilate (JML's contribution to the jedi), here it actually helps when weaker tanks are used against SEE--he's forced to link them, and then his squad is forced to kill them.

https://youtu.be/v3UUKbUKtI4

I think this is important. If using an undergeared pretaunt against SEE makes the team STRONGER this goes against CG's stated goals of ensuring undergeared characters don't create a situation where the team is stronger with less gear. Is this enough to make a case for link ignoring taunt all the time? I just don't see how that one this was "deemed too strong" by the devs. you have multiple times with Rey and Kylo can go virtually damage immune for a few turns in a row but link ignoring taunt is too strong? Alternative to ignoring taunt could be link acts as a dispel and a buff block. JML with his locked taunt woudn't be affected but it would allow SEE and team to ignore that tank so they can build ultimate at least.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »

I'm not arguing with you. If SEE's "thing" is a reliable 4 / 4 in TB then that's a truly poor return on the investment to get him.

I know it came across that way but I didn't mean it that way. I should have used a more agreeable tone:)
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    The sad thing is that Ahnald barely survived and... is that even one of the tougher final enemies in 4/4 TB? "I guess it's something though," as we say whenever SEE doesn't just pull the plug on himself.

elniarl161ri.png
  • I've been keeping an eye on the conversation around SEE. Next step is for us to continue monitoring and collect some data around his performance in the wild. Can't say at this time any changes will result, but it's a step in the process to help us determine what, if anything, happens going forward.

Point is, you're being heard.
  • Id love it if beating kylo wasnt so **** hard. Maybe buff him to the point where he can beat Kylo reliably but still get blown away by him on defense?
    How you would go about that im not sure, maybe a MAUL TOUCHUP (COUGH COUGH) to his unique in some way to make it so see himself doesn’t necessarily get better, but the team as a whole gets better
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I've been keeping an eye on the conversation around SEE. Next step is for us to continue monitoring and collect some data around his performance in the wild. Can't say at this time any changes will result, but it's a step in the process to help us determine what, if anything, happens going forward.

g80p369asgi7.png

• dgree
    520 posts Member
    I've been keeping an eye on the conversation around SEE. Next step is for us to continue monitoring and collect some data around his performance in the wild. Can't say at this time any changes will result, but it's a step in the process to help us determine what, if anything, happens going forward.

Appreciate the update, even if it's not the statement on SEE's elusive value that I was hoping for.
  • I’ve been playing SEE with ultimate for a few days now, and he still seems underwhelming against Rey and SLKR, but he’s my only counter to JML.

I don’t think he’s as far off as people are claiming, but I think things that could help (could be through addition of a new sith toon) are a cleanse and/or have Unraveled Destiny do something like grant immunity to daze. It doesn’t do much good to have retribution when a lot of common LS toons are throwing daze and stun around like crazy.

Another improvement would be changing the AI to select non-taunting targets to link on the second target. A standard FO runs through almost any SEE composition because SEE just keeps linking KRU and FOST. I usually win those fights without using SLKR’s ultimate and before SEE can get his.
This discussion has been closed.