SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• AlexanderG wrote: »
    So Ahnald reckon he might have found SEE's niche - final phase of Geo TB. Heck of a price to 4 / 4 one battle.

Oh give me a break I already go 4/4 with my Sith Empire and my Sith Triumvirate
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    https://youtu.be/QY4Hd-lZDqw

Here is a video that shows how frustrating it is to fight kylo. Not sure what it proves other than relative power. I wonder if that link didn’t have to go on the bug to start the match could have made a difference.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • LordDunbar
    477 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I've been keeping an eye on the conversation around SEE. Next step is for us to continue monitoring and collect some data around his performance in the wild. Can't say at this time any changes will result, but it's a step in the process to help us determine what, if anything, happens going forward.

Point is, you're being heard.

Thank you very much. That's all we can ask for.

I'd also suggest monitoring reddit and the popular swgoh discord servers - I can assure you us small group on this thread are not the only ones that have a big problem with SEE's performance. I'm on Discord quite a bit and talk with a lot of other SEE owners, I can assure you I don't know one person who doesn't regret unlocking SEE. That's really not a good look for a Galactic Legend that is by no means easy to unlock and gear up (quite the opposite - he's in the top 4 hardest to unlock in the game with the other GLs).

I realize SEE is billed as the most "f2p friendly" GL, and as the owner of a large business myself I understand you need to focus on the heros that make you money. I respect that, honestly and totally. BUT, SEE is by no means f2p friendly overall. Maybe slightly more f2p friendly than JML or SLKR but not more than any other hero in the game. I know personally I've spent quite a bit ($xxxx.xx) to unlock him quicker because I didn't want to wait a year doing it free. I'm in a lot of regret about that but I'm not going to make this about money or be that **** that is like "omg i need a refund!!". I just hope he can get an improvement, no matter how small.

I think the biggest issues with SEE right now, from my perspective:

1️⃣ Yes, he can beat JML, and with a bit of extreme modding and luck, can beat Rey. I respect the rock paper scissors dynamic, but the problem is he can't beat any other GLs with a full team. He always finishes solo, which makes him useless for TW/GAC, for absolutely minimal banners. So, essentially you can only use him in arena. My guild absolutely hates me for going for SEE instead of the other GLs. That's not right that my guild is mad because I chose a GL I thought should be good.

I see the fix to this is either by giving him a better leadership buff, or by buffing the strength of the supporting heros you team him with.

2️⃣ He has way too many counters. He can be beat by Imperial Troopers, Padme, Geos, Sith Empire, CLS, and even a well-modded full r7 GAS team. Possibly other counters as well, that may emerge over the coming weeks. On top of being beaten by the other GLs. None of the other GLs have so many direct counters. There are even non-GL teams like GAS or GG that don't have as many counters. SEE is just plain horrible on defense. This leads to him again being useless [for defense] in GAC/TW, but also he does not hold at all in Arena and your rank drops very quickly.

Possibly a fix for this could be improving his AI, or giving him some "text changes" to his abilities 😏 that would prevent those older weaker teams to be able to counter him so well.

3️⃣ Getting solo'd 1v5 by SLKR. I understand SLKR is a beast, but again this shows how horrible SEE is on defense. And it's really not fair SEE can't beat any of the other GLs without losing all of his team for minimal banners, but SLKR can extremely undersize the fight vs SEE for maximum banners. I guess any future GACs I'm in I can kiss my chances of winning a fight vs. someone with SLKR goodbye.

Anyway, thank you again for letting us know you are monitoring things and we're being heard, that means a lot. You said you have more data to collect; I hope you share your findings with us no matter what decision you make.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Here is a video that shows how frustrating it is to fight kylo. Not sure what it proves other than relative power. I wonder if that link didn’t have to go on the bug to start the match could have made a difference.

Thank you for sharing.

I feel like that match was poorly played. Even a Rey team with poor planning would lose a match to Kylo. I get that, that could be frustrating, and I'm not saying it all could be changed to allow for a win (i'm not sure), but the team comp and strategy could definitely have been better.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    If there could be just one change : maybe give royal guard a sith tag, so that he gets a bit of synergy with SEE
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Kyno wrote: »

Thank you for sharing.

I feel like that match was poorly played. Even a Rey team with poor planning would lose a match to Kylo. I get that, that could be frustrating, and I'm not saying it all could be changed to allow for a win (i'm not sure), but the team comp and strategy could definitely have been better.

90% disagree. This team comp is the best team comp there is for countering that I may try with Sion instead of Thrawn, the problem is DR/Bast is better with Kylo than with SITH ETERNAL EMPIRE. And, there wasn't much I could have done because GAT got smashed and Traya got feared so the only thing that would have made a difference (CONTROL) couldn't occur.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Thank you for sharing.

100% disagree. This team comp is the best team comp there is for countering that, the problem is DR/Bast is better with Kylo than with SITH ETERNAL EMPIRE. And, there wasn't much I could have done because GAT got smashed and Traya got feared so the only thing that would have made a difference (CONTROL) couldn't occur.

it could be if the thrawn was fast enough to not just be cannon fodder, but he isn't, so right there it seems thats a wasted spot.

not sure why you would link GBA, DR seems like the better choice, (i was thinking linked would also prevent targeting like decieved, but i was wrong, so this point is slightly more moot) or even thrawn, you could have prevented multiple crits.

Then you killed brute when he wasn't taunting, seems like a misplay on that move, but maybe not.

again, i'm not saying it would have been a win if changes were made, but it just doesn't seem like a good example of why he is frustrating. anyone standing against kylo already in his ultimate stance at that point in a match is going up hill both ways to win. There were opportunities to slow kylos ultimate along the way.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Thank you for sharing.

100% disagree. This team comp is the best team comp there is for countering that, the problem is DR/Bast is better with Kylo than with SITH ETERNAL EMPIRE. And, there wasn't much I could have done because GAT got smashed and Traya got feared so the only thing that would have made a difference (CONTROL) couldn't occur.

it could be if the thrawn was fast enough to not just be cannon fodder, but he isn't, so right there it seems thats a wasted spot.

not sure why you would link GBA, DR seems like the better choice, (i was thinking linked would also prevent targeting like decieved, but i was wrong, so this point is slightly more moot) or even thrawn, you could have prevented multiple crits.

Then you killed brute when he wasn't taunting, seems like a misplay on that move, but maybe not.

again, i'm not saying it would have been a win if changes were made, but it just doesn't seem like a good example of why he is frustrating. anyone standing against kylo already in his ultimate stance at that point in a match is going up hill both ways to win. There were opportunities to slow kylos ultimate along the way.

I think you’re forgetting that SLKR gives DR +30 speed while SEE only gives thrawn +20. Not to mention that DR’s base speed is 4 higher than thrawn, so he would need to give thrawn +15 more speed from mods than the defender gives DR. That’s not easy to do.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Thank you for sharing.

I think you’re forgetting that SLKR gives DR +30 speed while SEE only gives thrawn +20. Not to mention that DR’s base speed is 4 higher than thrawn, so he would need to give thrawn +15 more speed from mods than the defender gives DR. That’s not easy to do.

You are right, I have thrawn at +148 speed 2 speed less than Traya. Too bad Traya can't get isolate off either. The other problem at the end of the fight, Kylo will hit See for 130k and be damage immune, See will hit Kylo for 30K and be easier to kill. If See could hit Kylo for 130k at the end of the match, he has a chance. The fact that his basic does 80-130k+ vs. Light Side and especially Jedi at the end of the fight is the only reason See wins on offense.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »

Thank you for sharing.

You are right, I have thrawn at +148 speed 2 speed less than Traya. Too bad Traya can't get isolate off either. The other problem at the end of the fight, Kylo will hit See for 130k and be damage immune, See will hit Kylo for 30K and be easier to kill. If See could hit Kylo for 130k at the end of the match, he has a chance. The fact that his basic does 80-130k+ vs. Light Side and especially Jedi at the end of the fight is the only reason See wins on offense.

Thinking about this matchup more, try loading BSF and DR up with speed so you can control the other team (assuming you have equal mods). Last two spots should be 2 sith tanks. Part of your issue (which I see most matches too) is that your whole team was basically dead early on.

You might be able to win at the end if SLKR has to contend with SEE and 2 other sith.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Thank you for sharing.

I'm not forgetting that. I didn't put that team together. That is something to consider when putting a team in there. if they are just going to die, it seems like that position could have been held by just about anyone else.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Thank you for sharing.

I dont have high hopes of them removing the LS restrictions on parts of his kit, so no matter what he may end up having trouble with SLKR.
  • You need to stop talking about monitoring this trash can and actually produce already
    You can remod the Rey teams and change up the characters and it becomes impossible to win as SEE
    Rey beats him now
    Kylo can still solo him
    Even Luke and jedi teams have a 50/50

Fix the character or the shard mafias already
    It takes all of one day to implement a fix
  • Sithlords_Inc
    384 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    wq19xbsbhifu.png

So apparently SEE has been better than he actually should have been, and we havent even noticed. Considering you often leave link on characters after their protection is gone (GAS for example) he probably have been significantly tankier than he will be now after the fix. Wonder if he even has a chance at soloing GAS or CLS anymore.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

Thank you for sharing.

I dont have high hopes of them removing the LS restrictions on parts of his kit, so no matter what he may end up having trouble with SLKR.

What if link prevented targeting SEE? That could make DR less strong against him at least.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Thank you for sharing.

What if link prevented targeting SEE? That could make DR less strong against him at least.

There have been a bunch of suggestions, but as I said, they would need to be a "good reason " to do it at this point.

Not sure what that really entails, but without an exploit, I dont see it being likely.
  • wq19xbsbhifu.png

Great SEE has been nerfed :D
  • WOW so they can nerf him but they cant spend 1 second of their day to comment on him? EVEN though hes been severely under preforming in nearly every aspect of the game.. Yeah, CG.. good job LMAO. never buying a GL again.
  • wq19xbsbhifu.png

So apparently SEE has been better than he actually should have been, and we havent even noticed. Considering you often leave link on characters after their protection is gone (GAS for example) he probably have been significantly tankier than he will be now after the fix. Wonder if he even has a chance at soloing GAS or CLS anymore.

I’m not sure if this is refering to SEE. My guess is it has something to do with Malak being able to get Protection if he used the event ability in one of the GC’s recently.

... although it certainly doesn’t help SEE...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    wq19xbsbhifu.png

I’m not sure if this is refering to SEE. My guess is it has something to do with Malak being able to get Protection if he used the event ability in one of the GC’s recently.

Correct, this doesnt hurt SEE, but it may help indirectly. This fix should allow toons like malak to gain protection up or bonus protection.
    WOW so they can nerf him but they cant spend 1 second of their day to comment on him? EVEN though hes been severely under preforming in nearly every aspect of the game.. Yeah, CG.. good job LMAO. never buying a GL again.

Not a nerf, not in any way.

This has been in the works for a while.

They did give a comment, please look above.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    wq19xbsbhifu.png

Great SEE has been nerfed :D

More like WAI now
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    wq19xbsbhifu.png

yep. it was a bug with malak not getting prot up when treya hit him with the friendly part of isolate.

It works now. So malak can now enjoy 100k+ protection up shields
  • Lmfao I have been reading this and it is already a loosing battle for those who want to buff him. It’s amazing how one Gl (cough cough kylo) can buffed so much because a few teams where beating him. It’s amazing that so many teams can beat See and it’s “ apart of how the character is supposed to function” I’m sorry is there a Galactic Legend tag there for a reason or am I missing something. I will give a perfect example of how they treated kylo vs See. Gas’s was able to beat Kylo pretty easily and what happed buff. Note there is at least a journey character in there and he is an epic confrontation. Imp troopers beat see and that is without journey character or anything. I mean hey maybe they gave him a wrong tag and it was supposed to be Galactic Trash.
  • Oh did I forget to mention that way more teams also beat See than kylo before the buffs.
  • Shiryu wrote: »
    wq19xbsbhifu.png

yep. it was a bug with malak not getting prot up when treya hit him with the friendly part of isolate.

It works now. So malak can now enjoy 100k+ protection up shields

Oh... that makes more sense.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    wq19xbsbhifu.png

Correct, this doesnt hurt SEE, but it may help indirectly. This fix should allow toons like malak to gain protection up or bonus protection.
    WOW so they can nerf him but they cant spend 1 second of their day to comment on him? EVEN though hes been severely under preforming in nearly every aspect of the game.. Yeah, CG.. good job LMAO. never buying a GL again.

Not a nerf, not in any way.

This has been in the works for a while.

They did give a comment, please look above.

once wo said SEE need a buff,you ask for videos and proof.And now SEE is nerfed by CG an you said it's not.
  • twv9x8gnxet6.jpg
    SEE THIS VIDEO,KYNO
  • VaderJoker wrote: »
    twv9x8gnxet6.jpg
    SEE THIS VIDEO,KYNO

Just watched that and Jesus ****! We ask for buff they give us nerf.
  • People who deny SEE needs help are only making fools of themselves at this point.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    People who deny SEE needs help are only making fools of themselves at this point.

Agreed
This discussion has been closed.