SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Shiryu
    411 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Granted it is a "Bug fix" and its unintended...

So if that's the case then
    WHY CANT MALAK GAIN PROTECTION FROM HIS MASTERY WHEN SEE GRANTS HIS ALLYS MASTERY?!?!?!?

Malaks unique reads "at the start of battle lose all protection and gain that much max health."

NOWHERE does it state he can't gain more protection after.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • So now SEE is EVEN WORSE

and I bet you that this also stopped his CLS and GAS solos since he can't keep gaining protection... so yeah. The worst GL got even worse
  • Shiryu wrote: »
    So now SEE is EVEN WORSE

and I bet you that this also stopped his CLS and GAS solos since he can't keep gaining protection... so yeah. The worst GL got even worse
    Agreed this is terrible.
  • It’s also amazing because people were only giving him some sort of viability bc his gas, padme and cls solo.
    Community: See needs a buff!

CG: nerf?
  • Shiryu
    411 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Yep. And now cls will walk all over him. padme relys on prot up (which is STILL UNAFFECTED BY SEE LINK)... and gas clones will just eat him alive.

CG... wait to go

again yes. its a BUG fix. it was an unintended gameplay mechanic. so it is what it is...

But now we have a GL that
    A. has no damage
    B. has no control
    C. has no debuffs
    D. has less sustain then all other gls
    E. has anti synergy / meh synergy with his OWN FACTION.

FFS cg.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Shiryu
    411 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    kcm4zwhsdbsl.jpg
    BEHOLD THE SITH! THE MASTERS OF DECEPTION! THE DEBUFF KINGS! THE CONTROL EXPERTS!

oh wait.. if treya wasn't there SEE and his entire team would do nothing for 4 to 5 rounds...
    guess jedi are the control kings now... and the damage dealers.. and sustainable timeout kings..

I'm happy to have a mass assist attack that can never be used lol.
  • Son_Goku9001
    102 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Shiryu wrote: »
    Yep. And now cls will walk all over him. padme relys on prot up (which is STILL UNAFFECTED BY SEE LINK)... and gas clones will just eat him alive.

CG... wait to go

again yes. its a BUG fix. it was an unintended gameplay mechanic. so it is what it is...

A. has no damage
    B. has no control
    C. has no debuffs

FFS cg.
    Seems to me like they did not test him. Or maybe they did but they wanted to fast track his release so they just did not care about all these things. I have an idea instead of releasing a character with minimal testing give the community test accounts. Wow look at that you could resolve all these problems bc the players are what make up this game.
    Post edited by Kyno on
    kcm4zwhsdbsl.jpg
    BEHOLD THE SITH! THE MASTERS OF DECEPTION! THE DEBUFF KINGS! THE CONTROL EXPERTS!

oh wait.. if treya wasn't there SEE and his entire team would do nothing for 4 to 5 rounds...
    guess jedi are the control kings now... and the damage dealers.. and sustainable timeout kings..

I'm happy to have a mass assist attack that can never be used lol.

See is galactic trash! They ask for videos well there are plenty and guess what happened nerf.

G **** G CG... wait to go

A. has no damage
    B. has no control
    C. has no debuffs

FFS cg.
    Seems to me like they did not test him. Or maybe they did but they wanted to fast track his release so they just did not care about all these things. I have an idea instead of releasing a character with minimal testing give the community test accounts. Wow look at that you could resolve all these problems bc the players are what make up this game.

and the players know more about mechanics and team building then the devs aparently.

I guess we should thank doja.. at least they said something...
    but everyone in all the discord and line chats took it as "guess nothing is happening for a month +"

So. guess cg got all their Xmas money and bonues and don't care anymore.

Typical CG and typical EA... for a moment there i was slightly hopeful things were changing... guess not
  • And why the heck did they give SEE ability like “dark side allies recover 50% protection” and then they suggest Malak as a character with synergy when he has 0 protection ? Maybe they just looked at the mod meta report. They saw that people modded Malak for protection. So they thought it would be good that he can recover 50% protection ? But 50% x 0 = 0 ?
    Shiryu wrote: »

G **** G CG... wait to go

A. has no damage
    B. has no control
    C. has no debuffs

FFS cg.

and the players know more about mechanics and team building then the devs aparently.

I guess we should thank doja.. at least they said something...
    but everyone in all the discord and line chats took it as "guess nothing is happening for a month +"

So. guess cg got all their Xmas money and bonues and don't care anymore.

Typical CG and typical EA... for a moment there i was slightly hopeful things were changing... guess not

Agreed. You are at least million dollar company. How can you not see all this happening. You have plenty of funding to give out test accounts. Besides that even if you don’t want to do all that listen to your community. It amazes me that they do niether.
  • And why the heck did they give SEE ability like “dark side allies recover 50% protection” and then they suggest Malak as a character with synergy when he has 0 protection ? Maybe they just looked at the mod meta report. They saw that people modded Malak for protection. So they thought it would be good that he can recover 50% protection ? But 50% x 0 = 0 ?
    They wanted nerf using him within that team.
  • He would be way better and they would not like that.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    SEE will be buffed eventually if he underperforms

Buffing toons don’t happen overnight, people
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Agreed. You are at least million dollar company. How can you not see all this happening. You have plenty of funding to give out test accounts. Besides that even if you don’t want to do all that listen to your community. It amazes me that they do niether.

They started up another beta program.....but why the concept that a million players in 1 hour can do more than 5 beta testers in 40 hours continues to escape the community I honestly do not understand. Really, that's the truly amazing thing.
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    For comparison: z12z9mi0jw58.pngv54fgdo1o9jj.png -SEE
    g876m0m4r454.png8l72d7oialeo.png-REY
    ekzv5xhiawfw.pngnm0m5zowpdmk.png-Kylo
    alk60ib0lgxp.pngtgntx34gttag.png -JML

Results are obvious.

• Xagen
    407 posts Member
    14,3 % of SEE in top 10
    28,4 % of REY in top 10
    22,8 % of Kylo in top 10
    61,2 % of JML in top 10
    New GLs will be of the same power level -- they say..... funny.

• dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    afaik that report also only syncs with the squad that's last used. I wonder how many of those SEEs in the top 10 are actually SLKR or JML when you look at them after their payouts.

Btw, re the fix to SEE's prot drain: it's not clear that protection drained beyond 0 was ever being "added" to SEE's prot pool (and if linked enemies were getting negative max protection, wouldn't adding negative max protection subtract it?). I skimmed the ability mechanics early on so I can't remember all the details of the context value stuff but this is just fixing a bug.
  • Most of the battles versus a R7 and Ulti (or not ulti) SEE ends with a time out, except some battle versus kylo, SEE is still a great challenger, so would you change is kit only because he isn't the best SLKR counter? I can't see a reason to do so... Why shouldn't they rework JML as well if so ? I can feel the disapointment for SEE owners to be hard countered by Kylo's, but Rey owners (I am one of them) felt the same, just accept SLKR is better and go for him instead of looking for the brand new GL ! Newer doesn't always mean better ;)
  • Spharynx01 wrote: »
    Most of the battles versus a R7 and Ulti (or not ulti) SEE ends with a time out, except some battle versus kylo, SEE is still a great challenger, so would you change is kit only because he isn't the best SLKR counter? I can't see a reason to do so... Why shouldn't they rework JML as well if so ? I can feel the disapointment for SEE owners to be hard countered by Kylo's, but Rey owners (I am one of them) felt the same, just accept SLKR is better and go for him instead of looking for the brand new GL ! Newer doesn't always mean better ;)

no mate.after today's update SEE can't gain protection from the linked characters if their protection is zero.that means SEE can be killed easier.
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Spharynx01 wrote: »
    Most of the battles versus a R7 and Ulti (or not ulti) SEE ends with a time out, except some battle versus kylo, SEE is still a great challenger, so would you change is kit only because he isn't the best SLKR counter? I can't see a reason to do so... Why shouldn't they rework JML as well if so ? I can feel the disapointment for SEE owners to be hard countered by Kylo's, but Rey owners (I am one of them) felt the same, just accept SLKR is better and go for him instead of looking for the brand new GL ! Newer doesn't always mean better ;)

Because other 3 GLs can counter each other including See, SEE looks like an outsider among GLs; because many specs of his kit very contradictory, instead of helping sith class, he seems just make them worse, it was highlighted here many times, because other three GLs are good at offense and defense for GA, TW, while SEE's usage is more or less acceptable for offense and moreover his kit doesn't allow him to take many banners (his allies are usually dead when he activates his ultimate)
  • SEE with relic Siths was able to complete 4/4 on Phase 4 of Dark Geo, it's true, but High Relic Sith could do definitely 3/4 without him, if he is useful for Dark Geo only, it's sad, as having relic for example Night Sisters you can also complete 4/4 on Phase 4.
  • Spharynx01 wrote: »

Do you have any video, because I havent seen a single battle against SEE that ends with a time out.

The difference between SEE and the other 3 GLs is that SEE has an extremely niche gimmick, which is his protection removal. Against teams that arent dependent on protection (which are the vast majority) SEE effectively contributes with nothing. A good example is SEE vs NS, where SEE with Sith Empire gets smashed by NS until he gets his ult (which takes forever if the linked target keeps dying), meanwhile as a Drevan lead Sith Empire deletes NS in a matter of seconds. The same often goes for Triumverate, where they lose most of their survivability under a SEE lead and has died by the time SEE gets his ult, even if its against a team that the Triumverate could beat on their own a lot more efficiently.

• GJO
    172 posts Member
    Lmfao I have been reading this and it is already a loosing battle for those who want to buff him. It’s amazing how one Gl (cough cough kylo) can buffed so much because a few teams where beating him. It’s amazing that so many teams can beat See and it’s “ apart of how the character is supposed to function” I’m sorry is there a Galactic Legend tag there for a reason or am I missing something. I will give a perfect example of how they treated kylo vs See. Gas’s was able to beat Kylo pretty easily and what happed buff. Note there is at least a journey character in there and he is an epic confrontation. Imp troopers beat see and that is without journey character or anything. I mean hey maybe they gave him a wrong tag and it was supposed to be Galactic Trash.

"Buffed so much" translates as: getting +30 speed (which any other GL grants on leadership, speed) and immunity to crit when they have advantage.
    Wow... an ocean of buffs lol.
  • GJO wrote: »
    Lmfao I have been reading this and it is already a loosing battle for those who want to buff him. It’s amazing how one Gl (cough cough kylo) can buffed so much because a few teams where beating him. It’s amazing that so many teams can beat See and it’s “ apart of how the character is supposed to function” I’m sorry is there a Galactic Legend tag there for a reason or am I missing something. I will give a perfect example of how they treated kylo vs See. Gas’s was able to beat Kylo pretty easily and what happed buff. Note there is at least a journey character in there and he is an epic confrontation. Imp troopers beat see and that is without journey character or anything. I mean hey maybe they gave him a wrong tag and it was supposed to be Galactic Trash.

"Buffed so much" translates as: getting +30 speed (which any other GL grants on leadership, speed) and immunity to crit when they have advantage.
    Wow... an ocean of buffs lol.

Semi-permanent crit immunity is pretty huge. Give it to SEE and he would provably be able to beat Kylo pretty easily.
  • Yeah, you me both. Never whaling on a GL again after this trash..
  • Xagen
    407 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I hope we receive more clear response instead of "we keep an eye" from DEVs, or seems they are too busy with new Mando content,
    Post edited by Xagen on
  • Unless their next response is "we are looking at ways to buff SEE" they might as well just say thanks for the money, we're moving on.
This discussion has been closed.