New player farming advice

Hi everyone! I’ve been watching a lot of content on swgoh, but was hesitant to jump in because it seemed overwhelming. I’ve bit the bullet and downloaded the game and am wondering what I should start farming for. I found a lot of older research that said Phoenix was a good team for new players. Newer info said separatists might be better. Galactic legends seem so cool, but is it realistic for me to start farming for those or do I need to unlock all other characters first before they’re worth it?

Replies

• I would still go for Phoenix first, with a secondary focus on separatists.

Tbh, I would not recommend you to go after a GL at first, you will inflate your GP a lot and going for a GL usually means only having 1 or 2 viable teams, and when you inflate your GP that much for going after a GL, your enemies will have a lot more viable teams and will crush you in Grand Arena for example

Separatists is an overall better team right now, but I would still go for Phoenix first, tho it opens you the path for Emperor Palpatine and Thranw, which are pretty important (specially Thrawn), then you could fully focus on separatists and make that your arena team

I would also recommend you invest on ships, a lot of people doesn't like them, but that's an easier way to get crystals (due to the same fact that not a lot of people invest on them) and would help you a lot in Grand Arena when you unlock it

I'm a 3.8 million GP player, and my GP is divided on almost equal parts (2.1M on characters and 1.7M on ships) and getting that balanced, had me winning a good amount of crystals F2P and win almost every Grand Arena match I'm in because the enemies can't beat my ships
    https://swgoh.gg/p/692141595/ (This is my profile if you want to take a look)

I imagine it's pretty overwhelming, I mean, I retook the game back in Nov 2018 if I'm not wrong and seemed pretty hard to stay on road of everything the game has to offer, I can't imagine how it is to start on 0 right now, you have a long path ahead, hope you get to enjoy how you build up your teams and get stronger and stronger.

Lots of luck!
    This was my recommendation, maybe other people will come with another tips.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    I would still go for Phoenix first, with a secondary focus on separatists.

Tbh, I would not recommend you to go after a GL at first, you will inflate your GP a lot and going for a GL usually means only having 1 or 2 viable teams, and when you inflate your GP that much for going after a GL, your enemies will have a lot more viable teams and will crush you in Grand Arena for example

Separatists is an overall better team right now, but I would still go for Phoenix first, tho it opens you the path for Emperor Palpatine and Thranw, which are pretty important (specially Thrawn), then you could fully focus on separatists and make that your arena team

I would also recommend you invest on ships, a lot of people doesn't like them, but that's an easier way to get crystals (due to the same fact that not a lot of people invest on them) and would help you a lot in Grand Arena when you unlock it

I'm a 3.8 million GP player, and my GP is divided on almost equal parts (2.1M on characters and 1.7M on ships) and getting that balanced, had me winning a good amount of crystals F2P and win almost every Grand Arena match I'm in because the enemies can't beat my ships

I imagine it's pretty overwhelming, I mean, I retook the game back in Nov 2018 if I'm not wrong and seemed pretty hard to stay on road of everything the game has to offer, I can't imagine how it is to start on 0 right now, you have a long path ahead, hope you get to enjoy how you build up your teams and get stronger and stronger.

Lots of luck!

This
    I recently finished the phoenix farm route culminating in cls and then switched towards gas, Padme, and c3po. Since I started farming geos I decided to also put a lot of resources into ships and now I am 100 ranks up and continuing in fleet arena. I agree with mariogsh farm seps(geos?) on the side while working on phoenix, but ultimately it is up to you whether you want to be competitive or just have fun.
  • Irodir
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I am trying to be a little competitive. Not sure if that’s possible free to play. Thank you for some great insights! I’ll start with Phoenix and have separatists on the side then and not neglect ships. Do seperatists and geos have better ships? Phoenix squad has ships too right? I feel like a general anakin Skywalker (GAS?) team would be a lot of fun, but I know he’s a lot of work to get.

Edit: do I stop working on Phoenix once I have palpatine and Thrawn? Does Phoenix stop being useful after that?
  • Irodir wrote: »
    I am trying to be a little competitive. Not sure if that’s possible free to play. Thank you for some great insights! I’ll start with Phoenix and have separatists on the side then and not neglect ships. Do seperatists and geos have better ships? Phoenix squad has ships too right? I feel like a general anakin Skywalker (GAS?) team would be a lot of fun, but I know he’s a lot of work to get.

Edit: do I stop working on Phoenix once I have palpatine and Thrawn? Does Phoenix stop being useful after that?

Yes, stop Phoenix when you get palp and thrawn.

Yes, you can be competitive F2P, I have spent only 10 bucks once in the game, so I consider myself a F2P player, and I'm gonna get GAS this month

Geos have better ship, but you Will need Phoenix ships for Chiemera anyways, so they are both good

And yes, stop farming Phoenix once you're done with Palp and Thrawn

It is possible to be competitive ftp. I get first in both arenas on my main account and top 100 in my recently level 85 alt account.

It takes some time but you can get there. I run ep lead in arena on my alt and it works pretty good. Vader's recent rework makes that team pretty competitive.

The problem with Phoenix ships is you have to gear up 6 characters for two ships. Geo ships are only 1 character each and you pretty much need them at at least g12 for geo tb eventually. Phoenix aren't really a great team once you get thrawn and gearing 6 characters just for two ships is a big investment. It was worth it when the rebel fleet was meta with **** but now you can skip Phoenix and eventually go for negotiator or malevolence.

I think the best ftp path to end game is

Phoenix for thrawn and ep
    Jkr
    Darth revan
    Malak
    Then GL palp

If you can get other legendaries on the side because they don't conflict then great. For example, cls is pretty easy to get with no hard node farms and has low gear requirements so might as well fit him in if you can.

It is also important to build a good hstr team while you're working on all of this. The most ftp friendly one is

Mother Talzen
    Asajj
    Daka
    Ns initiate
    Jedi knight anakin

It can solo p3 of hstr pretty easily so you'll get good return on investment for that team

And a bounty hunter team when you can get one in is also important. They have a lot of events. At a minimum you need to farm bossk and ht asap for fleet as his ship is amazing. You get jango with ht. Boba is an easy cantina store farm. Danger is a guild store farm but better than most of the easy to get bhs. Then you can get cad, greedo, or IG from easy to farm stores. So a full team is easy.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    I would still go for Phoenix first, with a secondary focus on separatists.

Lots of luck!

This
    I recently finished the phoenix farm route culminating in cls and then switched towards gas, Padme, and c3po. Since I started farming geos I decided to also put a lot of resources into ships and now I am 100 ranks up and continuing in fleet arena. I agree with mariogsh farm seps(geos?) on the side while working on phoenix, but ultimately it is up to you whether you want to be competitive or just have fun.

I'm new player too, i used to play SW COMMANDER though...

Big DiF is this is another a RPG TB turn meter game unlike the SW Commander which is RTS type of game.

Since i wanna jump the rope i don't have
    the grip on the Synergy Turn meter considerations on which team to farm first any ideas SWGOH ?