Memories and Favorite Moments - SWGoH is Nearing Five Years

Prev134
Hello Holotable Heroes,

We are fast approaching our 5th anniversary (more details to follow on that soon), and we here at CG are very humbled and excited by the support our passionate community of players have shown us over the years. SWGoH has evolved tremendously since it first launched, and we believe the best is still yet to come.

For now, though, let’s take an opportunity to look back together on some of our favorite moments.

Share your most meaningful SWGoH stories in this thread. Was it an in-game moment? A character you unlocked? A strategy you devised to overcome long odds to achieve victory? The bonds you’ve forged with your guildmates?

To me, the Malak event stands out as a frustrating, yet fun challenge. I've made real life friends with people in my guild, and personally know of two different couples that met playing the game. Using CLS to solo the Rancor raid the first time was loads of fun as well.

Tell us what the game has meant to you. We’d love to hear it.

Puns and haikus encouraged.

Replies

• @CG_Doja_Fett
    I started this thread literally in 2018.. was one of my favourite things at the time and seemed fairly popular.. but holds a lot of memories and is along the same lines as what your asking.. may give you some historical info..

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/187498/looking-back-since-you-started-playing/p1
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Quitr a few people didn't like it when it happened - can't blame them tbh - but my favorite thing in the game was when the Revans dropped. (I still don't have them well geared though lmao)

He's my favorite character in SW and it was fun to see him just take over completely and stay relevant all this while.
  • OG thragma when traya meta was a thing - absolutely glorious
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    I really liked the galactic war...it was nice to play, necessary to think about the strategy and the rewards were nice...unfortunately this is now totally different :-(
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    I haven’t been playing properly for all that long but the community as a whole has been amazing for me. My guild mates are all pretty good people and we have fun chatting in discord most days so that’s been nice, definitely not something I expected from a mobile game when I downloaded. In game wise, I loved unlocking JKR and getting my first 100m+ damage run in the Sith raid with my Shaak clones team. (Tier 6 haven’t got to Heroic yet). I’m looking forward to progressing even further and getting to play more and more of the events. Excited for what’s to come!
  • My guildmates are what keeps this enjoyable for me. I enjoy the game too, but if it wasn't for my guild, I doubt I would have been still playing, and I've been playing since the beginning
  • Seeing Calo Nord make an appearance in Darth Revan event.
  • Hoarded so much gear
    Spent it all on Talia
    Why did I do that

Spirit needs gear too
    Which sister would help me more
    I am still a noob
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Out of game favorite moments: Puzzles! Q&A! Talking with devs when they post outside of the announcements

In-Game: Malak EC, Grand Arena, GAC, Guild, KAM Special Mission completion, TW bonuses (kept TW interesting which is an ignored game mode), Fleets, Old Republic Era

I love challenging events like Malak and KAM mission, I want more events where we have to think our way through but dislike the limited attempts aspect that KAM has

I enjoyed GAS EC Tier 2 since it’s different. I like the raid mechanics of The Sith Raid and effects such as soothe, Unbreakable Will, Stand Alone, Class based effects on P4

I liked Galactic Challenges when they were running back to back, I was looking forward to them and had a lot of fun but now it’s meh. I know it’s recent but I really enjoy new game modes

Fleet - I love fleet, it’s fun but it gets stale. It took a long time before we had our first meta shift with Mil Falcon and it’s currently stale, and lacks attention. I do like the inclusion and importance of fleet in Territory Battles, GAC, Epic Confrontation for General Skywalker, Jedi Knight Luke. I invested in them and I like to be rewarded for it

TW: I liked minor bonuses we had, I enjoy TW every month because of my guild but I’m disappointed we never had any further expansion like new maps and bonuses like TB — we should have 4 TW maps with different sizes and placement and bonuses imo

I like having my lesser meta toons and ships having a place - remember how it made clones and Jawa relevant?

Reworks - I love character reworks but we haven’t had any this year other than Darth Vader - I don’t consider SLKR buff as a rework since it was a brand new meta toon that was buffed to keep it meta relevant

Wat Tambor / Theorycrafting - I love theorycrafting in this game and CG made sure there was set squads and no theory crafting until Wat Tambor and then Galactic Legenda Rey and Kylo gave us unlimited freedom in building squads. I really enjoy Rey/Kylo because of that. Early meta teams were full of theorycrafting and I loved every bit of that

Factions - I really like first order so being able to hyper focus on that faction and max them to g12 when I started out felt great

Old Republic: I love this era and obscure SW characters so it really made me happy to see this era included in this game and it opened the door for other SW material canon or non-canon — there is a lot of good characters out there that I hope we get to see other than the popular ones that we all know from the movies.
  • Unlocking CLS;
    First time my Guild completed HAAT and then Sith Raid, being the 1st ranked both times 😜
  • I'd say my favorite memory is when HSTR dropped and my guild worked together for months developing characters (looking at you Pao) and strategies that would eventually allow us to finish the raid. Was definitely a great feeling when that happened.
  • Hoarded so much gear
    Spent it all on Talia
    Why did I do that

Spirit needs gear too
    Which sister would help me more
    I am still a noob

Double haikus all the way...Well done!
  • Tell us what the game has meant to you. We’d love to hear it.

Sorry for no puns or haiku, but it's an easy one for me - back in 2018 when my wife decided to start playing this awesome game with me!

The second would be when we found our guild, Terminus Est.
  • Aww easy - the game finally got my daughter into Star Wars, giving me the joy of watching all the content with her for her first time
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Everything @Ultra said except the Old republic stuff, not really a fan, perhaps it’s because I didn’t play those games.

Unlocking 3po, chewie, GAS, Malak and Thrawn always stood out to me as the events were difficult and soooo satisfying when you finally completed them. We need more stuff like that. JKL was too easy. I believe it’s due to the required gear/relic level. It was way more fun trying to beat the event with what you had and making it work. Bring that back!

Also, reworks are awesome

Also, watching the youtubers...not everyone’s cup of tea, I get that, but I enjoy watching and participating in the community they each have built over the years. Their growth is fun to watch. Wish CG would bring them back into the fold.
  • TuncBlack
    407 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    - Did 3 star the Lightside 9B hard node (enemy Embo stage)
    - Beat Rancor 3 tier with Teebo lead, or Soloing it with Vader
    - Kylo ren - zeta with protection Regeneration.
    - Unlocking bb8 and solo the tank phase 4.
    - TW against @DarjeloSalas Guild lol
    - finishing Galactic War (when it was challenging)
    - Soontm by @cg_kozispoon
    Post edited by TuncBlack on
  • First Highlight was my first real guild and I'm there since I started to play this mobile game. My guild members become real friends and we stay in contact. And so the community's something special. Star Wars connects the players around the world.
    Most highlights were our milestones like being successful in our raids. First HAAT, first HSR and personal milestones like developing my roster.
    Thanks dear devs for this great game. Keep up the good work. May the force be with you.
    For you all guys stay safe
  • Zero tolerance
    Cheaters not allowed by rule,
    Unless you are whale
  • One of my favorite moments in the game was when I was doing a Hoth LS TB and I had to face an AT-ST for the first time. I was looking at this thing and only three words came to mind:

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
    (well not THOSE words, but you get the idea)
    sc2q009szovz.jpg
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Zero tolerance
    Cheaters not allowed by rule,
    Unless you are whale

Wrong thread
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Unlocking CLS when he first came around without being a whale or having to hoard. And actually having a meta team and consistently getting first in arena. Well at least until CG tweaked the requirements for getting the Revans.
    I actually liked ships in the beginning, but it felt kind of lonely getting first in fleet arena when almost no one else played it.
    Planning the optimal teams for our guild to clear heroic Sith the first time and when I finally got a 7 star traya. Actually all the raids were very fun to beat as a guild.
    Winning our first TW, going from always getting our behinds kicked to winning a majority of them now. Not by having the best teams but having great guild members working together.
  • Definitely the CLS event as a whole in unlocking such a great character, but also for that standout Obi-Wan moment. Amazing!
  • Soloing the Rancor the first time.
    Insta-Max gearing 3PO day 1 with gear meant for Traya, who got back-burner’ed for many months after. Lol
  • My favorite moment was when Jedi Master Luke was buffed and wasn’t terrible anymore.

And when the Sith raid became simmable.
  • I joined the game right on top of the Nihilus marquee, and I had a BLAST playing his event and just soloing the whole think with him. But then came stage 2, where you no longer could use Nihilus, and I was still short of an unlock... fortunately I figured what allies were, and got my Nihilus with a borrowed Wedge.

Haven’t looked back from running Sith (and Thrawn) in arena since. Looking like I’ll unlock SEE by New Years.
  • I like the idea of this thread. I have a couple things. . . I am a kinda new player

I unlocked Padme,
    After lots and lots of tries.
    I was so happy.

Mando's Insta-kill.
    Bounty Hunters are awesome,
    Lots of fun to use.

So, there are my poems. Padme's legendary event was fun to figure out how much gear I really needed to complete it 7*. Bounty Hunters are absurdly fun to use.
    Sorry no puns, I couldn't think of any :)
  • Palp rework biggest moment by far - allowed me to get top10 in arena as a ftp for first time, which eventually got me into shard chat. Prior to this it was top50 at best.
  • Hello Holotable Heroes,

We are fast approaching our 5th anniversary (more details to follow on that soon), and we here at CG are very humbled and excited by the support our passionate community of players have shown us over the years. SWGoH has evolved tremendously since it first launched, and we believe the best is still yet to come.

For now, though, let’s take an opportunity to look back together on some of our favorite moments.

Share your most meaningful SWGoH stories in this thread. Was it an in-game moment? A character you unlocked? A strategy you devised to overcome long odds to achieve victory? The bonds you’ve forged with your guildmates?

To me, the Malak event stands out as a frustrating, yet fun challenge. I've made real life friends with people in my guild, and personally know of two different couples that met playing the game. Using CLS to solo the Rancor raid the first time was loads of fun as well.

Tell us what the game has meant to you. We’d love to hear it.

Puns and haikus encouraged.

I’ve only been playing for a year, I love this game and it’s community, most of all the wonderful content creators for this game. I’d have to say that I felt the most pride when I hit level 85 as a free to play. However I also feel great joy whenever I beat the suggested bastilla Shan or empire teams in arena with my Shak-ti clone troopers ( 2 star shak-ti 😝 ).

• baked_qft
    275 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Losing my mind when we came short of clearing haat the first time after spending like a month going over strategies and teams... and using og kylo to wittle down p1. Good times.

Also 7* teebo to take out the pigs in p1 pit so the guild didnt have to deal with them and just focused on the rancor.