GAC please revisit matchmaking

CorranHorn80
38 posts Member
edited November 2020
I’ve posted this before. Please revisit matchmaking CG. Going against an opponent with over a million gp difference, with 600k of that in fleets, is harsh.

At least include fleet gp in the equation since about 25% of the fight is fleets.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Fleet GP is included.
  • Division 1 needs to be revisited.

4.5m+ GP is no longer relevant.

There needs to be a 4.5m-5.8m bracket and a 5.8m+ bracket

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I asked a dev. They confirmed ships are indeed part of the match making calculation.

• @Kyno I don’t see how that is possible with how the last full GA was matched and now this one.

And yes the Divisions changing would help this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I'm not sure what you mean.

We dont know the exact number of ships used for the portion of ship GP, or if it follows the exact same setup (just a set number of ships) as characters.

Without seeing your data on each persons ships in your matches, we cant examine the possibility.
  • cl3537_swgoh
    13 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean.

We dont know the exact number of ships used for the portion of ship GP, or if it follows the exact same setup (just a set number of ships) as characters.

Without seeing your data on each persons ships in your matches, we cant examine the possibility.

Within 2% Stderror for my data this week I predict a matchmaking formula similar to the following:

Top X Toon GP (where x=((offense teams + defense teams * 3) + Top Y Fleet Gp (Where y=(Total offense slots+Defense Slots*8)*(#Fleet Teams/(#Toon Teams + #Fleet Teams))

So for example for my Division 10 3v3 this calculation would be

Top 24 Toon GP + Top 16 Fleet Ship GP*(2/10)

For D1 that would be

Top 66 Toon GP + Top 32 Fleet GP * (4/26)

In other words Fleet GP is weighted about 20% in D10 and about 15% in D1. In 5v5 the calulation would be slightly different.

This is just a theory to get close to 'Matchmaking GP' I would be pleased if others would try my calculation for their division or with their data to see how well it fits.

In my weekly if I use my calculation the difference between highest 'Matchmaking GP' and lowest is less than 4%. I probably don't have the exact formula but close enough.

I can post the data from my weekly to show how I came up with this theory if anyone wants to share data.