JML definitely needs a buff!!

Prev13
Blake085
190 posts Member
edited November 2020
He obviously needs a buff and here are the reasons:

1. He has less Mastery than the other 3 GLs.
2. On top of the previous point, he can't manipulate Mastery, either on his allies or the opponent's team. (Jedi Lessons or legacy doesn't count because it's completely preventable and it's temporary).
3. As said previously, all the buffs JML gives to the squad are completely preventable, dispelable and when they do stick on the toons, their effects are meaningless.
4. His Ultimate does literally nothing, 100% Mastery? He's the only GL that has a limit on how much Mastery he and the squad can gain. The buffs that come with his Ult are, again, useless, they only last two turns and are dispelable.
5. He can be underdoged, beaten by old toons, does nothing special in Raids and just made a good Jedi team for LS GeoTB a little bit better.
6. He's only good paired with the so called "Titans".

IIRC CG said they're looking into him too (not only SEE), so I expect both of them to be buffed.
Post edited by Blake085 on

Replies

• I think hes fine
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They did make a statement they are looking at him too, but he does seem to be on par with the older GLs, despite the points you made.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They did make a statement they are looking at him too, but he does seem to be on par with the older GLs, despite the points you made.

Not sure what metric you are using. I don’t know a single person with all 4 GLs who thinks Luke is on par.

He is a liability on defense. He does nothing in the raids. On offense you need very expensive teams to compete.

Kylo is competitive without stealing a single character from another team.
  • I think hes fine

I can show you several videos where SEE does the same ;)

So if you're taking that video as your base, SEE doesn't need a buff either
  • He autos both SLKR and Rey teams... He's fine. maybe 5% weaker then SLKR or Rey.

Btw. Rey uses those "expensive toons" for her team as well.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Not sure what metric you are using. I don’t know a single person with all 4 GLs who thinks Luke is on par.

He is a liability on defense. He does nothing in the raids. On offense you need very expensive teams to compete.

Ah, that's why the whale/kraken guys on my shard that possess all 4 GL's switched from Rey to JML.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • So what? You want your toon to auto other teams? That just tells me your lazy or don't care enough to play the very team you want to use.

Autoing something is not a metric on how strong a team is.

Btw, no, Rey doesn't need to use those toons for her team, but that's another topic.
  • yada yada same discussion of SEE owners opposing a buff while they don't have Jml. He is utter crap. An RJT team of x amount of years ago is beating him with along with 4 Jedis.
    His ulti is slow AF and honestly.. useless since by time it is up, battle is long over. Other jedis than the so-called titans don't stand a chance.
    The above might be valid for SEE, I don't know. This is my uJML experience so far.
  • Blake085 wrote: »
    I think hes fine

I can show you several videos where SEE does the same ;)

So if you're taking that video as your base, SEE doesn't need a buff either

You mean when he deals 200k with his AoE AFTER he gets his ultimate and takes another turn, and ONLY deals that dmg against jedi? In fact, my 14k offense SEE with 220% CD doesnt even deal that high dmg against Jedi, who he ignores defense against, and the JML in the Video used a Speed set. Thats ignoring the fact that JML is a tank who protects his team, whereas SEE pretty much does nothing until he gets his ultm
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The same was said in many threads, please provide some videos or pictures of the issues you are seeing. They have said they are keeping an eye on the situation.
  • Shiryu wrote: »
    He autos both SLKR and Rey teams... He's fine. maybe 5% weaker then SLKR or Rey.

He does not auto Rey teams. He can beat them if he is extremely lucky RNG-wise - but hardly auto. Most of the players in my shard have to switch back to their Rey teams to take down other arena Rey teams.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Ah, that's why the whale/kraken guys on my shard that possess all 4 GL's switched from Rey to JML.

Mine didn't. They use JML to climb through SLKR - but switch to Rey to fight Rey and leave Rey in on defense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

Mine didn't. They use JML to climb through SLKR - but switch to Rey to fight Rey and leave Rey in on defense.

This is part of the problem with how people argue this point. Personal arena shard experience hardly counts for the community at large. If JML is underperforming or there is an unintended kit interaction, they will buff him. That is it's own discussion. But if we plan to base the argument on how many people brought their shiny new GL into the arena, we won't know if he's underperforming until the meta settles and most of the players who will get him actually unlock him and relic him and mod him etc.

Arguments about his performance should mostly settle on *how* he is underperforming, not numbers alone. Especially since, by this metric, SEE is almost twice as bad as JML and desperately in need of a buff, and all GL's are underperforming compared to SLKR. Individual arena shard data doesn't matter as much as the testimony of people who own the toon.
  • You really should have titled this “JML definitely needs a buff!”
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Shiryu wrote: »
    He autos both SLKR and Rey teams... He's fine. maybe 5% weaker then SLKR or Rey.

He does not auto Rey teams. He can beat them if he is extremely lucky RNG-wise - but hardly auto. Most of the players in my shard have to switch back to their Rey teams to take down other arena Rey teams.

Agree about not autoing Rey teams, but i win 95% of my fights against my pupil (not bragging, really didn't know it could.be an issue). However, I use Luke as a leader and i had a far harder time against her when I used Jkr lead (ww on Luke hurt her i guess). Or maybe it's a 'my jkr is faster' thing ?
  • I dont think JML needs a buff. There are 3 of them in the top 10 arena of my shard. And people asks if they can switch their team coz they cant beat JML
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

That is interesting.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I have said it before. How can "they" truly monitor his performance when he is bugged, at least 2 ways that I know off and one has to do with his ultimate charging, and the other can easily tip a battle in favor one way or the other.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Agree about not autoing Rey teams, but i win 95% of my fights against my pupil (not bragging, really didn't know it could.be an issue). However, I use Luke as a leader and i had a far harder time against her when I used Jkr lead (ww on Luke hurt her i guess). Or maybe it's a 'my jkr is faster' thing ?

Which Luke as lead gives you 95% win rate? And against what Rey comps? Seriously curious.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

Which Luke as lead gives you 95% win rate? And against what Rey comps? Seriously curious.

GML, yoda, Hermit, GAS, Revan. I don't have any problems beating any Rey. The problem is other GMLs, in that case revan lead is better.

Still, I'm in for a buff on his ultimate. It is really terrible atm
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    @Nikoms565

I field jml lead with the usual suspects: gas, jkl, jkr, hyoda. I fight variations of jedi Rey (Rey lead with gk, Rey lead with hyoda, jkr lead). I use hyoda like a lot with teaching (the student has become the master !) so my team stays in good shape and tank the aoe part of ww and the ultimate. Usually i lose a few comrades during the fight. If hyoda is in with Rey, i don't focus rey and leaver her to the end.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

GML, yoda, Hermit, GAS, Revan. I don't have any problems beating any Rey. The problem is other GMLs, in that case revan lead is better.

Still, I'm in for a buff on his ultimate. It is really terrible atm

Yeah I have had no issues with rey teams when I ran grumpy luke lead, just takes too much paying attention to charge his ultimate and the jkr team is so much easier to use.
  • icanectc wrote: »
    Jml is pre underwhelming. They fact no one even uses him for leadership shows you everything you need to know about how powerful they are.

To quote the title of a great underappreciated movie: 'my name is nobody'.
  • I put in the effort to get jml ultimate it would be nice to be able to use it
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    rdufield wrote: »
    I put in the effort to get jml ultimate it would be nice to be able to use it

You can maybe with 10 secs left if ur lucky 😂😂

aRvUKGA.jpg
    Or over 3 minutes.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    You really should have titled this “JML definitely needs a buff!”

Done!
This discussion has been closed.