Raid starting position

Lrrr
172 posts Member
edited November 2020
Is the 1-50 random? Is it everyone is assigned a rank 1-50, with no duplicates?

If it’s random, I have some awful luck. If it’s not, can we get explanation as to what goes into it?

Started tracking because I felt like my starting position was low. I’ve only tracked the first six sith raids since and my average starting position is close to 41. Not once in the top 25.

So since the rewards as so stacked in the top 10, hard to not feel that this is stacked against me...
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• It’s RNG.
  • What was explained to me was that everybody that joins the raid gets assigned a random rank once the raid actually starts. Then whoever posts scores get ranked on their score, above the randomly assigned ranks.

So, say you’re assigned rank 7 when the raid starts. And then 10 people post scores before the raid ends. You then get ranked at 17. Does that make sense?
  • The "Join" list is random, regardless of the order or timing of when you clicked join. Pure RNG.

After that, everyone is sorted by highest score to lowest score during the damage phase once the raid ends + 1 hour (any in progress runs have that much time to finish). If anyone ties for score, they are sorted based on where they sat on the "Join" list.

Any complete raid solos are given the top slots. Because they all tied for "highest possible score", they are ordered by their position relative to the other solo players from the "Join" list.

Most simply: if everyone in the Guild joins AND everyone solos the whole raid, the "Reward" list will exactly match the "Join" list.
  • What was explained to me was that everybody that joins the raid gets assigned a random rank once the raid actually starts. Then whoever posts scores get ranked on their score, above the randomly assigned ranks.

So, say you’re assigned rank 7 when the raid starts. And then 10 people post scores before the raid ends. You then get ranked at 17. Does that make sense?

Not a single word.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This is not necessarily correct.

You are assigned a number between 1-50, when you join the raid

You are then placed in order by score, and then all tied scores are ordered by the number you were assigned.

In your example, if any of the 10 people who scored higher than you were assigned 1-6, your position would be higher.

Not a single word.
    The second the raid launches, all members of the guild are assigned a rank from 1-50. If everyone joins, the full ranking is revealed. From that point onwards, if people tie, the order they finish is predetermined.

As an example, let’s say your entire guild joins the Tank raid and you are placed 7th before the raid opens for damage, and then you go on and full clear the raid.
    - if any of the 6 players above you also post a full clear, they will be ranked ahead of you for rewards.
    - If any of the players ranked below you also post a full clear, they will be ranked behind you for rewards.

The only outlier in all of this is people who do not join in the join period, but then do post a score. Because they didn’t join, nobody knows their ranking beforehand. These guys could post a full clear and wind up in 1st or anywhere in between the other full clear posters.

Not a single word.
    The second the raid launches, all members of the guild are assigned a rank from 1-50. If everyone joins, the full ranking is revealed. From that point onwards, if people tie, the order they finish is predetermined.

As an example, let’s say your entire guild joins the Tank raid and you are placed 7th before the raid opens for damage, and then you go on and full clear the raid.
    - if any of the 6 players above you also post a full clear, they will be ranked ahead of you for rewards.
    - If any of the players ranked below you also post a full clear, they will be ranked behind you for rewards.

The only outlier in all of this is people who do not join in the join period, but then do post a score. Because they didn’t join, nobody knows their ranking beforehand. These guys could post a full clear and wind up in 1st or anywhere in between the other full clear posters.

Oh, I understand exactly how raids position work. I'm not reading that wall of text.

The post I quoted was about 98% wrong.

Not a single word.

Oh, I understand exactly how raids position work. I'm not reading that wall of text.

You could have corrected me instead, but ok then, keep your secrets. I wouldn’t say 98% wrong, according to Kyno‘s explanation. Only thing I was misinformed about was the number ranking after the scores are posted.

Not a single word.

You could have corrected me instead, but ok then, keep your secrets. I wouldn’t say 98% wrong, according to Kyno‘s explanation. Only thing I was misinformed about was the number ranking after the scores are posted.

Agreed 33% wrong at worst. Based on his grading, I woukd never want Lor San as a teacher.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Its already been said but its pretty simple.
    You get assigned a random # 1-50, you can see the order on the "Join" screen, & it only gets used when breaking ties.