Event tickets are awful

Replies

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    What
    Elves apparently.

I thought elves that live in your garden are gnomes?
    Never tell the Gnomes that - they hate being mistaken for Elves! :o
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    What
    Elves apparently.

That's because it hurts their elf-esteem.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    What
    Elves apparently.

That's because it hurts their elf-esteem.
    Oh the iGnome-iny. ;)
  • 70 tickets down the drain feels like getting a punch in the gut. Makes me feel happy that I’ve never spent a dime on this game at least. So if that’s the feeling CG want their players to get they’ve surely achieved their goal with this design. My guild mates who did spend money have stopped doing so due to the GL debacle so that’s also something to feel good about I guess.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    If tickets are only consumed if you win it allows them to make the events rng dependent, which I hate.

How about instead they allow you to practice the event so you can figure out a strategy, then go in and put your tickets on the line.

Also, increase the ticket cost and rewards so we don't have to run it so many times.

Several guild mates have stated that tier 3 of the JML event is already RNG dependent.

I would disagree. It's only RNG dependent if you don't know the correct modding/strategy, which is why I proposed being able to run the event for free until you feel comfortable putting your tickets on the line. Mod Luke for 100% crit chance so there is no crit RNG and follow the correct attack sequence and it's going to be a win every time.

How is it not RNG? If you get AB'ed to death, how are you supposed to prevent that?

If you play it right it doesn't matter if he lands AB on his basic 100% of the time. The battle should be over before he can string those together anyways.

And again, I'm not criticizing you if you ran it wrong. Other than just copying what someone posted on YouTube (which is no fun), how would you know? Vader doesn't even function the same as the Vader we can use, so there is no way to even build a strategy before hand. It's stupid that CG is essentially discouraging us from playing the event for ourselves.
  • Unfortunately they have huge internal problems at CG, it’s been that way for awhile.
    It’s interesting to look at sites where employees can post reviews of their company, CG went from a fairly popular company to a quagmire of mismanagement and in the last few years and it clearly shows in how their product have been handled.
    If tickets are only consumed if you win it allows them to make the events rng dependent, which I hate.

How about instead they allow you to practice the event so you can figure out a strategy, then go in and put your tickets on the line.

Also, increase the ticket cost and rewards so we don't have to run it so many times.

Several guild mates have stated that tier 3 of the JML event is already RNG dependent.

I would disagree. It's only RNG dependent if you don't know the correct modding/strategy, which is why I proposed being able to run the event for free until you feel comfortable putting your tickets on the line. Mod Luke for 100% crit chance so there is no crit RNG and follow the correct attack sequence and it's going to be a win every time.

How is it not RNG? If you get AB'ed to death, how are you supposed to prevent that?

If you play it right it doesn't matter if he lands AB on his basic 100% of the time. The battle should be over before he can string those together anyways.

And again, I'm not criticizing you if you ran it wrong. Other than just copying what someone posted on YouTube (which is no fun), how would you know? Vader doesn't even function the same as the Vader we can use, so there is no way to even build a strategy before hand. It's stupid that CG is essentially discouraging us from playing the event for ourselves.

This. The current ticket system basically discourages players from actually playing the game and enjoying the event for ourselves , for fear of wasting tickets.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help

This. The current ticket system basically discourages players from actually playing the game and enjoying the event for ourselves , for fear of wasting tickets.

Beat the event the cheap way and then go back and play it for fun. The Journey Guide is awesome because they allow you to replay the events, and GLs are no exception. And once you exhaust the rewards from a node in the event it is infinitely replayable for free. Not exactly “ideal” but it is possible to enjoy it for fun, maybe just not initially.
  • RezaTorin wrote: »

Beat the event the cheap way and then go back and play it for fun. The Journey Guide is awesome because they allow you to replay the events, and GLs are no exception. And once you exhaust the rewards from a node in the event it is infinitely replayable for free. Not exactly “ideal” but it is possible to enjoy it for fun, maybe just not initially.

Sure - but the fun of the event is experiencing it for the first time. Honestly, I've gone into the Journey Guide and replayed most of the old events - Thrawn, EP, etc. just because I remember the thrill of facing them the first time. Playing an event that I've already seen in guide video isn't the same. I have already seen the cut-scenes, know what to expect, and how to play it.

The ticket system, as it currently is set up, discourages all of that. A much better system would be to allow the tickets to open the tier. Once opened it can be played (without more tickets) until the needed number of wins. Then the next tier opens with tickets, etc. And to "throttle down" the speed of unlocks, simply require the total number of tickets for the tier upfront. (So 120 to open tier 1, then 120 more to open tier 2, then 180 to open tier 3, etc.) That still allows the "ticket system" to slow us down (as much as I think that's unnecessary, given the requirements already do that) - while still allowing players to enjoy the content, theory craft for themselves how to win, etc. without needing to min/max it at the start so as not to lose tickets.

• Honestly, I've gone into the Journey Guide and replayed most of the old events

me too.
    just because I remember the thrill of facing them the first time.

I've also replayed them because I mentor newer players & I need to remember the event the strategies in order to give good advice. While I have a good memory, it's obviously better if I take advantage of the opportunity to remind myself of the dynamics by replaying it. I actually really like being able to replay for this reason, because a lot of what makes the game work for me is the social collaboration (not following a step-by-step recipe where I feel like I'm not playing, or where I dictate to others how to play, but being able to hash things out & help each other).
    Playing an event that I've already seen in guide video isn't the same.

Agreed.

It's definitely more fun to figure things out for oneself. While being able to replay (for various reasons) is nice and I want to keep that option, it's not a substitute for playing it yourself the first time.

• I was wondering if I could get a rough estimate on how long it takes to unlock a GL from the time one is eligible to play the event to the time the character is unlocked. I know its going to be a wide range, depending on how many crystals one decides to spend on refreshes, failed attempts at battles or rng.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    I was wondering if I could get a rough estimate on how long it takes to unlock a GL from the time one is eligible to play the event to the time the character is unlocked. I know its going to be a wide range, depending on how many crystals one decides to spend on refreshes, failed attempts at battles or rng.

I haven't seen an updated energy chart, but at 3x50 I have been getting roughly 50 tickets/day, so you can assume 9-10 days for unlock at that rate.
    I was wondering if I could get a rough estimate on how long it takes to unlock a GL from the time one is eligible to play the event to the time the character is unlocked. I know its going to be a wide range, depending on how many crystals one decides to spend on refreshes, failed attempts at battles or rng.

I haven't seen an updated energy chart, but at 3x50 I have been getting roughly 50 tickets/day, so you can assume 9-10 days for unlock at that rate.

I haven't been able to gain GL energy, having just finished requirements for my first one today. But if I am following right, they balanced the drop rate? So it it doesn't matter what node I farm or am I still better off farming a 6 energy because it uses the least amount of energy per attempt?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

I haven't been able to gain GL energy, having just finished requirements for my first one today. But if I am following right, they balanced the drop rate? So it it doesn't matter what node I farm or am I still better off farming a 6 energy because it uses the least amount of energy per attempt?

It's in the area of 5% drop rate per energy spent so it doesn't matter what node you use.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    TVF is almost right.

Technically the best guess we had for the original rate was 1-in-3 per sim. Since the kept the rate the same for 6-energy nodes, the new rate would be 1/3 divided by 6, or 1-in-18 per point of energy spent. Since the game doesn't allow you to get 2 tickets for a single sim no matter how high your chances, any node that requires more than 18 energy per sim is going to sacrifice a small part of your chance-per-energy, since anything over 100% is the same as 100%.

There are no nodes over 18 energy per sim except 20-energy hard nodes, so if you aren't simming those, it doesn't matter which node you sim, not even a little bit. If you are swimming 20-energy nodes, it matters a little bit, but not much. (You are sacrificing 2 energy out of every 20, and can expect your quest to take 11% more energy to complete as a result.)

This is, of course, assuming the crowd-sourced average of 1-in-3 is correct (which would carry with it that the drop rate per point of energy is 5.555% instead of a flat 5%). There's little chance it was more than that, but if it was less, then the loss you face for a 20 energy node is even smaller. At 5% (TVF's very good estimate, but still one that has some error margin) or lower, even 20 energy nodes cost exactly the same amount of energy for unlock (on average).

So... I personally wouldn't worry about it, but if you're looking to truly maximize efficiency, you could avoid 20-energy nodes.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    When I farm 10 energy nodes in batch it is 50%-70%
    20 sims at 10 energy anywhere between 10-14 is what I notice, tends to be closer to the 10
  • TVF is almost right.

Technically the best guess we had for the original rate was 1-in-3 per sim. Since the kept the rate the same for 6-energy nodes, the new rate would be 1/3 divided by 6, or 1-in-18 per point of energy spent. Since the game doesn't allow you to get 2 tickets for a single sim no matter how high your chances, any node that requires more than 18 energy per sim is going to sacrifice a small part of your chance-per-energy, since anything over 100% is the same as 100%.

There are no nodes over 18 energy per sim except 20-energy hard nodes, so if you aren't simming those, it doesn't matter which node you sim, not even a little bit. If you are swimming 20-energy nodes, it matters a little bit, but not much. (You are sacrificing 2 energy out of every 20, and can expect your quest to take 11% more energy to complete as a result.)

This is, of course, assuming the crowd-sourced average of 1-in-3 is correct (which would carry with it that the drop rate per point of energy is 5.555% instead of a flat 5%). There's little chance it was more than that, but if it was less, then the loss you face for a 20 energy node is even smaller. At 5% (TVF's very good estimate, but still one that has some error margin) or lower, even 20 energy nodes cost exactly the same amount of energy for unlock (on average).

So... I personally wouldn't worry about it, but if you're looking to truly maximize efficiency, you could avoid 20-energy nodes.

I'm not so much trying to make energy use efficient, what I am doing is trying to get a rough estimate on the length of time I have for my gear and relic farming. I'm close to having all the gear hoarded, and will start the relics hoarding today. I know the totals needed, I just want to know if I will be able to take Kylo to relic 7 as soon as I unlock him or if I don't, what I would need to do to get there.
  • Well then, 5% per point of energy, needing 420 tickets for 7* unlock means 420 * 20 = 8400 energy.

daily energy = 375 free/accrued + refreshes.

No refreshes = 22.4 days.

But the drop rate might be closer to 5.555%, & if so then the time to unlock is 8/9ths of what we just predicted. So we actually get
    19.91 days (optimistic) to 22.4 (pessimistic)

1x50 energy refresh per day = 495 energy per day =

15.08 to 17 days

2x50 energy refresh per day =
    12.14 to 13.66 days

3x50 energy refreshes per day =
    10.16 to 11.43 days

If you're not going to have all the g1-g12 gear ready for 12 days, you might as well do only 2 refreshes per day. If you're not going to have the gear gathered for 10 days, you shouldn't be doing any 100 energy refreshes.

The rest you can figure out.
  • Well then, 5% per point of energy, needing 420 tickets for 7* unlock means 420 * 20 = 8400 energy.

daily energy = 375 free/accrued + refreshes.

No refreshes = 22.4 days.

But the drop rate might be closer to 5.555%, & if so then the time to unlock is 8/9ths of what we just predicted. So we actually get
    19.91 days (optimistic) to 22.4 (pessimistic)

1x50 energy refresh per day = 495 energy per day =

15.08 to 17 days

2x50 energy refresh per day =
    12.14 to 13.66 days

3x50 energy refreshes per day =
    10.16 to 11.43 days

If you're not going to have all the g1-g12 gear ready for 12 days, you might as well do only 2 refreshes per day. If you're not going to have the gear gathered for 10 days, you shouldn't be doing any 100 energy refreshes.

The rest you can figure out.

I think I should be ok. I'm not looking to spend crystals, but I will. As of now, I need 81 prods and have no trouble buying what I need, just trying to hold off until I need them. 10 injectors, which will come with assault battles and I am farming the last 34 computers as I am farming DS currency. The relics will be my bottleneck at the moment, but I can chip away at that while I'm farming currency too. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it a lot. This event has me a little hot under the helmet. lol
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF is almost right.

I did specifically say "in the area of" 5%
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Fair.

It was this part with which I slightly disagreed:
    it doesn't matter what node you use.

I believe it **almost** doesn't matter. But it probably matters a small amount, only in relation to 20-energy nodes.

In analyzing that, though, the volume of writing may have made it appear that my differences with your statement are larger than they are.

It is "in the area of" 5%.

It **almost** doesn't matter what node you use.
  • Can confirm, losing 70 tickets on a fail sucks. :(mj7aynmyzrax.png
  • They need to change this. It's not gating - it's just a frustrating waste of time when you fail.

They need to change this. It's not gating - it's just a frustrating waste of time when you fail.
    I wouldn't have minded 15 tickets and even 30 wouldn't have been too terrible but 70 is over a day's worth of farming with 6 energy refreshes and.that is simply too much.
  • So far I failed SLKR T3 twice. Then I failed Ult twice as well (60x2 + 70x2). I take credit for all of them, I'm sure i did something wrong.

Now working on SEE. I failed T1 once, went in blind at the low cost and didnt properly mod Sid. Failed T3 once so far. Modded well Vadar all 6 dot and Palp wears my SLKR loadout which are the best combination for speed and damage I have. JKL just hits like a truck in those last couple turns that is gut renching. Both loses in T3 were by a sliver of lukes health.

Losing tickets sucks....sucks even worse when you know it's absorbing yet another day of farming for a GL that blows (*waves at SEE*)
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    The title and portrait is the dumbest waste of tickets. At the least put an omega or even a zeta with those achievements. Wasting 3 days of farming for a picture and a title is such a stupid pointless endeavour. Those are not prizes or have any worth.
    Such a cheap move and only shows how they can’t even give breadcrumbs out.
    A GL requirements of 6 zeta’s and you can’t even give out 1-2 zeta salvage I mean come on!!! So so cheap.
  • If they feel the need to gate progress - as if the relic requirements aren't gating enough - whatever. I get it. But they really need to change the system so the tickets "unlock" a given tier until completion. Not for one battle that rng could decide.

They could easily keep the total tickets needed in place - just change what happens in the case of failed attempts. That would keep their gating scheme in place but allow players to actually play the game and enjoy the event.

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    i3iy75b8osw7.png
    1 win, 2 losses.

Try again tomorrow. :/
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on