JML definitely needs a buff!!

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    rdufield wrote: »
    I put in the effort to get jml ultimate it would be nice to be able to use it

You can maybe with 10 secs left if ur lucky 😂😂

aRvUKGA.jpg
    Or over 3 minutes.

That's a pretty solid ultimate charge did yiu do nothing but pass buff around lol

Pretty much
  • scuba wrote: »

aRvUKGA.jpg
    Or over 3 minutes.

That's a pretty solid ultimate charge did yiu do nothing but pass buff around lol

Pretty much

A bug had been identified where ultimate doesn't charge when a pupil already have 3 stacks and the buff duration reset. Did it happen to you too ? Because it might charge even faster then...
  • I find this thread interesting.
    I run a Rey team with JKR, JKL, GAS, hoda.
    We have no issue winning against Rey or slkr.

There’s a few JMLs in my shard, all use him as lead.
    In my experience beating non ult JML is no problem.
    However I’ve struggled against the ultimate JMLs.
    For one thing the 10 more speed from Luke’s leadership means most of his team will go first. Furthermore I can’t recognise the slow ulti charge. Last match I barely got to take a turn before his ultimate went off.. OK, I might have taken a few, but it was certainly before the fight was over.

How is Rey seemingly supposed to smash JML?

Personally I wouldn’t mind a JML buff as he is my next GL ;)
  • VeNeNo wrote: »
    And remember guys, to obtain JML you need JKL(Legendary), Chewbecca(Legendary), 3po( Legendary), Han(raid character). The other GL’s dont need any legendary character.
    So, Luke, being the hardest one to get should be one of the best GL and atm he is not.

While you're technically right, Rey requiring RJT means she requires a hero's journey character, and you have to get the mental fortitude to justify relicing Rose Tico.
    And remember guys, to obtain JML you need JKL(Legendary), Chewbecca(Legendary), 3po( Legendary), Han(raid character). The other GL’s dont need any legendary character.
    So, Luke, being the hardest one to get should be one of the best GL and atm he is not.

Where is it written/communicated that the "hardest to get" GL should be one of the best? Careful, that's a rhetorical question.
    In fact, we just have another set of GL's and they are what they are. No, they're not going to change in their core identity and any buffs (if there are going to be any) will not completely change them. So just like with the previous set of GL's everyone can make a decision on whether he want to get any of those new GL's or just skip them. Because guess what, no one is forcing me to spend a high amount of resources and infalte my GP to aquire smth that I don't consider to be useful for my needs. But seemingly that's smth that people are simply not capable of - waiting and making smart and weighed decisions.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

aRvUKGA.jpg
    Or over 3 minutes.

Pretty much

A bug had been identified where ultimate doesn't charge when a pupil already have 3 stacks and the buff duration reset. Did it happen to you too ? Because it might charge even faster then...

I saw the report on that and keep meaning to go back and look at the video.
    As he is now, the AI can not properly get his ultimate off in a timely manner and control the opponents. To many decisions to be made, which the AI is not good at.
  • jml doesn't need any buffs!
    he just needs proper modding!! and some folks needta learn how to play this game
  • begem_ua wrote: »
    jml doesn't need any buffs!
    he just needs proper modding!! and some folks needta learn how to play this game

How should we be modding him?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    begem_ua wrote: »

I keep trying to teach the AI, it just won't listen to me
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    begem_ua wrote: »

How should we be modding him?

Better.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I have both ult-Luke and ult-SEE, I'd say SEE is much worse than Luke. I think the only change Luke needs is he needs to be able to charge his ult when he's not the leader.
  • QQFatman wrote: »
    I have both ult-Luke and ult-SEE, I'd say SEE is much worse than Luke. I think the only change Luke needs is he needs to be able to charge his ult when he's not the leader.

This is what I'm hearing from people in my shard.

Also I can confirm, squads without luke as leader is easier to beat
  • In PvP JML is already close to Rey in the squad arena meta report while his total numbers are about four times lower. His performance in PvE is not worse than other GLs except SLKR (but raid performance is much more complicated matter than tuning single GL character). I think we can expect small tune up (to exclude things like cheap/undersized counters maybe) but not big all-around buff.
    As he is now, the AI can not properly get his ultimate off in a timely manner and control the opponents. To many decisions to be made, which the AI is not good at.

Might be me who need to git gud, but again, I am honestly curious about several of the complaints raised in this thread.
    I just fought (and lost to) ultimate GL Luke. His ultimate was charged in less than 1 minute, that minute mainly consisting of my team being stunned/ability blocked.

Rey got to go into ultimate stance just before JML activated his ultimate, but the battle was over not long after. Didn't take a lot of time for JML heroic to smash through my team, keeping the abilities locked behind cooldown increase and ability block.

Why anyone would switch away from JML with JML lead to fight Rey is beyond me, and complaints about ultimate charge as well baffles me, since JML's ultimate always seem ready about at the same time as Reys.

I'm pretty sure Ep is legendary and is required by slkr and seep. Also, Thrawn is a legendary and is required by seep. Jtr was mentioned as a hero's journey (which isn't jkl a hero's journey not legendary?) And bb8 is also a legendary required by Rey.

So literally every GL requires a legendary.

Jml also requires r2d2 which is a legendary, so you didn't even include all the legendaries in jmls requirements.

I agree jml is the hardest to get (that's why he's the only one I don't have), but your statement is very wrong
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

Might be me who need to git gud, but again, I am honestly curious about several of the complaints raised in this thread.
    I just fought (and lost to) ultimate GL Luke. His ultimate was charged in less than 1 minute, that minute mainly consisting of my team being stunned/ability blocked.

Rey got to go into ultimate stance just before JML activated his ultimate, but the battle was over not long after. Didn't take a lot of time for JML heroic to smash through my team, keeping the abilities locked behind cooldown increase and ability block.

Why anyone would switch away from JML with JML lead to fight Rey is beyond me, and complaints about ultimate charge as well baffles me, since JML's ultimate always seem ready about at the same time as Reys.

I haven't battled a luke lead, and maybe I am wrong, however when a player typically has to make "smart" decisions, like who to give jedi lessons to so you reduce the lead special of the right units, so you can keep charging the untilmate, I just don't see this games ai getting that right.
    I have battled a rey with luke lead and was definitely able to crowd control them and beat them.
  • I wrote a really long boring reply about how my mods are good and I'm in a tough shard and my JML is dominating everything and everyone, then I deleted it. I think JML is really strong but I'm using JKR lead which feels .. wrong. If the ultimate could just get a once-over, bit of polishing on the AI.. or a small tweak about how it charges.. or making it even better so its worth charging it.. i don't think anyone could complain about him anymore and his chapter can be closed.

I actually think a few other things in his kit are broken (but in a good way) so I actually expect to see JML get a bit of a nerf. Efflux is not WAI against other JKR teams.. when it's on auto, Jedi randomly assist when they shouldn't.. there are extra turns that shouldn't be happening etc.. so try not to complain too much about him haha.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    JML is not getting nerfed lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Enough it's enough!! Now GAS by himself can solo JML under Bastila lead with WAT!! Outrageous!!

https://youtu.be/ew6GBotLCLw

CG has to buff JML, so he can't be critically hit when he and his allies have Jedi Legacy, just as Kylo and his team can't be critically hit when they have advantage.
  • The second post in this very thread even shows him nuking 4 strong sith characters in one aoe... But sure, let's buff him rofl.

Wasn't so long ago that the pitchforks were directed at Rey... No buff there and yet those posts have gone very quiet.

• Blake085 wrote: »
    Enough it's enough!! Now GAS by himself can solo JML under Bastila lead with WAT!!

I think we need more video with Luminara and Eeth Koth lead, just to be sure.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Blake085 wrote: »
    Enough it's enough!! Now GAS by himself can solo JML under Bastila lead with WAT!! Outrageous!!

CG has to buff JML, so he can't be critically hit when he and his allies have Jedi Legacy, just as Kylo and his team can't be critically hit when they have advantage.

Oh no, GAS works vs a specific JML comp in 3v3 - OUTRAGEOUS!!111!1

Also if you would've watched the video (just the first like 1-2min) he alrdy mentioned that it's not a guaranteed win - 1 bad timed first special from JML (daze) or a stun from Basti when it's 1v3 and you're screwed.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    I haven't battled a luke lead, and maybe I am wrong, however when a player typically has to make "smart" decisions, like who to give jedi lessons to so you reduce the lead special of the right units, so you can keep charging the untilmate, I just don't see this games ai getting that right.
    I have battled a rey with luke lead and was definitely able to crowd control them and beat them.

My sample size is not that significant as I try to avoid JML in arena. However from every recent attempt I’ve seen his ultimate go off just around the time of Reys first ultimate, so in my experience the AI do have some smarts here.
    I’m not saying there’s no merit to any claims of poor performance, but at least vs Rey I can’t see slow ulti charge is an issue.
  • Blake085 wrote: »
    Enough it's enough!! Now GAS by himself can solo JML under Bastila lead with WAT!! Outrageous!!

You do realize that the GAS player started the battle as a 3v3? That's not a solo or undersized bro.

GAS has always freaked out and gone on rampages when he gets down to being the last man standing.
  • Shiryu wrote: »
    Btw. Rey uses those "expensive toons" for her team as well.

LOL, Rey can use Jawas and dominate.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Shiryu wrote: »
    Btw. Rey uses those "expensive toons" for her team as well.

LOL, Rey can use Jawas and dominate.

This is very true.
  • Just make his jedi lessons unpreventable and unable to be dispelled. It kills off the under man DRevan teams and allows him to be used in the leader slot as intended. Also allows his ultimate to charge at the right amount.
    Simple fix. Maybe even make the stat increases flat rate permanent increases to jedi instead of for two turns and then boom. Problem solved.

Then take on SEE
This discussion has been closed.