Please teach me to understand swgoh math

2Next

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Han's damage output might be a good benchmark to test this

Damage is always hard to test because of variance.
  • scuba wrote: »

Just take the average of 20 crits, which from my Han is every 1. The variance will be smoothed in a higher n average.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Samurhaj wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the above is true, but the order doesnt matter. As far as I know, no skills are calculated off anything but the base stats

Base stats are your characters stats with mods included.

Total stat at the beginning of a battle = base stat + (base stat × unique) + (base stat × leader ability) + ...... ext.
    I'm not sure if the above is true, but the order doesnt matter. As far as I know, no skills are calculated off anything but the base stats

Total stat at the beginning of a battle = base stat + (base stat × unique) + (base stat × leader ability) + ...... ext.

I believe in another thread someone tried to show some evidence of this over the past 6 weeks. I didn't walk away convinced.

Well if the screenshoty are not edited then turn order must matter. Why there is no official statement for such important things?

I just meant the order towards stat calculations shouldn't matter.

Yes position in team position matters in things like mass attack/assists.
    It processes the uniques in squad slot order too.

Except R2. His always seems to go first.
    Bit tricky to prove / disprove that. A squad with just Chewie R2 & Threepachew would be the best way. Set up the modding such that guard should go to either R2 or Threepachew depending on squad slot order.

We did test and prove that, trying to get pics to upload now

Edit:
    Pics
    mvbeddcdk3hm.png
    8rno1zqtspck.png

I can give the math numbers later. They are a mess in my notes.

Yep, apparently R2 is the only one to have that priority and have his additions used in other calculations.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Flagged the guarded thing to try and get a response.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Just take the average of 20 crits, which from my Han is every 1. The variance will be smoothed in a higher n average.

Easier to do health and protection calculations though
    Note: I did not read all the comments, so this may have been said already.
    Here is what was found with some testing we did.
    R2 number crunch goes first, so leader will have boosted stats from number crunch, than chewpio will use those boosted stats.

This is independent of what order they are in (R2 could be 2nd or last)

R2 number crunch seems the only one to work like this and always seems to go first, so can boost stats before other uniques boost stats.

Does not happen with leader abilities uniques only.

In your example
    CLS would get base stats boosted from R2 number crunch
    Chewpio would then use those stats for his boosting

This has been my findings as well after many tests. Swgoh math is the best lol366ggi9qs3i5.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    2 notes:

Yes R2 will do his number crunch first no matter what and his stats increases do work into other calculations.

Order does matter for guard, when it gets to chewie in placement order, is when its decided who gets guarded.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    2 notes:

Yes R2 will do his number crunch first no matter what and his stats increases do work into other calculations.

Order does matter for guard, when it gets to chewie in placement order, is when its decided who gets guarded.

So what is the best placement for cls R2 Han 3pac chewie?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    2 notes:

The one that gets you the ally you want guarded.
    Play with it in GW before you sim it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    2 notes:

The one that gets you the ally you want guarded.
    Play with it in GW before you sim it

This. R2 doesnt matter, unless you want him guarded (I have not seen that yet).

If you want CLS, i would suggest chewie ahead of chewpio.
  • Samurhaj wrote: »
    Im running:
    Cls lead
    Chewbacca
    Han Solo
    Cpo & chewie
    R2d2

Can someone competent please show me how would the offense health and protection stats look like at the start of battle when:
    All skills are zetaed
    All characters have 100 offense hp and protection (for simplier math)
    With explanation if possible.

You can only understand the math if your IQ is greater than 500 and after you have personally beaten Grandmaster Yoda in a chess match in Sweden. It must be in Sweden.

Best way to test stat sharing, if it includes health, is EP in GW. I you put EP on a team and make him fastest, you can use his 5% health to everyone ability to measure toons exact health under different effects and orders of operation.

• scuba
    14034 posts Member

Best way to test stat sharing, if it includes health, is EP in GW. I you put EP on a team and make him fastest, you can use his 5% health to everyone ability to measure toons exact health under different effects and orders of operation.

Yep, I normally use hoda, but either work very well

I believe in another thread someone tried to show some evidence of this over the past 6 weeks. I didn't walk away convinced.

Well if the screenshoty are not edited then turn order must matter. Why there is no official statement for such important things?

I just meant the order towards stat calculations shouldn't matter.

Yes position in team position matters in things like mass attack/assists.

Animation speed matters more than position in mass attacks.
    Example:
    It doesn't matter where you place R2, he will most likely be the last to land his attack in a mass attack call.

I know this is an old thread, but this is the only example of the comment I could find. Has CG ever said anything about animation speed vs slot order? I know they have made comments about the effects of slot placement. I have also had people swear up and down that animation speed makes a difference and showed screen shots to prove it. The problem is the visuals don't necessarily have to line up with the calculations. The evidence presented always relies on screenshots. Has CG ever made a comment on it? I don't trust the visuals since the animation is an output of the calculations already run and shouldn't be an additional input. What you see on the screen should be the result of the AI numbers crunching after you press a button. This is one of those things I would really like CG to weigh in on one day in the same way they weighed in or slot placement.