Rey on Defense in 3v3

Prev13
Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited November 2020
So many of the counters used to beat Rey in normal 5v5 can’t be used in 3v3. It seems that the only combination that work are other GL’s. So if that’s the case what’s there to use? Are people without a GL yet just SOL if they find a Rey ultimate on defense in 3v3 and lack a GL to counter or even try?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    How do you still not have a GL
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Since Rey owners also both set theirs on defense, that's not the only option. There are many counters, some not so surefire and it's true it's not as easy as 5v5. Youtube and theorycrafting servers is your friend.
  • TVF wrote: »

Because I’m not a whale and don’t spend on the game. Nor have I chosen to neglect several other teams. Love the attempt at derailing the thread though.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Because I’m not a whale and don’t spend on the game. Nor have I chosen to neglect several other teams. Love the attempt at derailing the thread though.

That's pretty much a strawman as well, neglecting other teams? If the other teams are really more important than having a gl, then there's no ground to complain about not having a gl. And there are not 50k whales in the game either=no of gls in existence.

I’ve spent £20 in the last 13 months and I have both original GLs and should have JML by the end of the month.

You can dispute whether or not you’ve had time to farm a GL ftp, but you’ve definitely had long enough to come up with a better retort than that.
  • Lol oh man another “lol you don’t have a gl yet?!” Train.
    No I don’t have a gl yet. I’m close to JML and will have him once I get the last shards to 7* MM and 3pac. I chose to strengthen other teams while building viable counters to the GL’s that don’t have GL’s themselves.
    JKR vs Kylo and Vader vs rey. Those work in 5v5 no issues. The problem is that in 3v3 those counters don’t work against rey. Kylo still has non GL counters that work. Rey doesn’t from what I’ve tried to use.
    The point of the post was to ask how to beat her without GL’s if possible, and if not, why hasn’t it been addressed that it’s an auto win for a team on defense. Yes I also load my defenses against rey teams but sometimes it just doesn’t work
  • It's not an auto win whatsoever. You having jml isn't gonna solve the problem unless you keep saving him for offense. Different Rey trios need different solutions. Youtube...
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    It's not an auto win whatsoever. You having jml isn't gonna solve the problem unless you keep saving him for offense. Different Rey trios need different solutions. Youtube...
    Yes I’ve watched YouTube and many on 3v3 do not work consistently. It’s massive RNG. Which means if it doesn’t work you just sacrificed multiple teams to fail.
  • If you get stuck on a front zone, you'll have plenty of teams left to take care of everything else. Plays out the same in Rey vs Rey matches where the only advantegous position is when you have beaten opponent Rey and they didn't beat yours. Lose vs. lose or win vs. win puts you in the same position. So it's not about having a gl, but countering it.
    If you get stuck on a front zone, you'll have plenty of teams left to take care of everything else. Plays out the same in Rey vs Rey matches where the only advantegous position is when you have beaten opponent Rey and they didn't beat yours. Lose vs. lose or win vs. win puts you in the same position. So it's not about having a gl, but countering it.

Which I did. I took out his whole bottom zone. Took about all but Rey in his top front but can’t beat it 3v3. There’s no viable counter outside of an RNG cheese fest that then requires top tier R7 toons that break up multiple other teams. I set top tier defenses and he saved his best outside of Rey for offense and still cleared me. Rey 3v3 is a cheat code.
  • Not really, but have it your way.
    Not really, but have it your way.

Lmao you’re right. Rey is an easy win in GAC 3v3. Thanks for the advice!
  • I know this is going to come as a surprise to the OP, but yes, one of the games 4 GLs - and the one most people think is the best of defense - is difficult to beat. Even more so short-handed. Close to impossible if you don't have one of those 4 GLs (most difficult characters in the game to acquire) - especially if she is paired with R6+ Han and Chewie, which makes her even more difficult. Oh, and using good characters on defense is not "cheating" - it's called "winning".

I have spent less than $10 on this game in 3+ years (and it was over a year ago - and had nothing to do with getting Rey). I have Rey and JML. I went 3/3 this GAC facing an opposing Rey every match. I didn't clear her once - but they never cleared mine either. I was just more efficient on offense in other zones.

All of that said, either get your own Rey (no money required - especially not after so much time). Or learn to be more efficient and post better defense.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

It's only derailing for those who refuse to accept that

1) The best way to beat a GL is a GL
    2) You could have a GL by now without spending a single cent.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it true, and just because you don't like it doesn't make it a derail. It's 100% relevant.
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Not really, but have it your way.

Lmao you’re right. Rey is an easy win in GAC 3v3. Thanks for the advice!

I didn't say that, you can actually read what I said in the previous posts instead of strawmaning it to hell.
  • Since some of us can't use internet, here's a little helping hand. It's not next to impossible, just hard and it needs specific treatment:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzuVqk5npsw
  • If you are f2p and face GLs, chances are that your opponent is missing some of other meta teams that you should have. Set those on D, play the 2 territory game, win on banners, don't even try attacking GL..
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Merailla wrote: »
    If you are f2p and face GLs, chances are that your opponent is missing some of other meta teams that you should have. Set those on D, play the 2 territory game, win on banners, don't even try attacking GL..

OP has 6m GP. F2P is irrelevant.
    Since some of us can't use internet, here's a little helping hand. It's not next to impossible, just hard and it needs specific treatment:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzuVqk5npsw

Yeah I saw that and it’s nowhere near a guarantee win. And as I said before it’s required you to break up multiple teams. He even says in the video that without a GL it’s impossible to beat Rey in one shot. So my point still stands. Rey in 3v3 is a cheat code for defense.
  • Not really. I keep beating other people's Reys...as obviously my Rey is on defense. Just keep repeating nonsense ad infinitum and bury your head in the sand.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Merailla wrote: »
    If you are f2p and face GLs, chances are that your opponent is missing some of other meta teams that you should have. Set those on D, play the 2 territory game, win on banners, don't even try attacking GL..

OP has 6m GP. F2P is irrelevant.

Yes I do. And it’s 6m GP from having a well rounded roster and non GL counters for 5v5. That way I can be a top contributor in all aspects of the game when it comes to PVP and PVE. However when I face a Rey on 3v3 and there’s no way to one shot without another GL, it’s a problem because it’s a ridiculous advantage.
    Was it my choice to do so? Yup. And I’d make it again as I’m going to get my first GL’s soon. However the main point isn’t any less valid. Regardless of what the almighty TVF says or thinks
    Not really. I keep beating other people's Reys...as obviously my Rey is on defense. Just keep repeating nonsense ad infinitum and bury your head in the sand.

So you’ve beaten Rey in one shot, in 3v3? Without any of your GL’s? I’d love to see the composition and modding considering even the video you posted says it’s not necessarily possible
  • You don't have a point. You posed the topic as a question and now failing to receive the answers.
  • Lastly, there's no such thing as -breaking teams- in 3v3 as there are no full teams and there are various leadership options for any leftover good/relic toons. It's not like using GAS breaks anything as 501 can go with either Rex or Shaak leadership, even both of them.
    Lastly, there's no such thing as -breaking teams- in 3v3 as there are no full teams and there are various leadership options for any leftover good/relic toons. It's not like using GAS breaks anything as 501 can go with either Rex or Shaak leadership, even both of them.

Entirely anecdotal as removing BSF, GAS, and other similar toons hinder a teams performance.
    You don't have a point. You posed the topic as a question and now failing to receive the answers.

And the only one even remotely responding to the original point is you actually. Everyone else is hung up on me having a GL or not rather than addressing my issue with that without a GL, you cannot one shot Rey on defense in 3v3. The video you posted even says so and requires a meticulous cheesing strategy, specific and crucial modding, and a lot of luck.

So in regards to my original point and even more so my question to you, what non GL team do you use to one shot Rey on defense in 3v3?
    Not really. I keep beating other people's Reys...as obviously my Rey is on defense. Just keep repeating nonsense ad infinitum and bury your head in the sand.

So you’ve beaten Rey in one shot, in 3v3? Without any of your GL’s? I’d love to see the composition and modding considering even the video you posted says it’s not necessarily possible

Yes, numerous times. No, I don't share a lots of tactics over here or link my account. Come over to Clash's server or any other theorycrafting server. Different compos with different modding have different ways to deal with with high success rates even if not surefire. Multiple clean up options is also possible. All of these exist on yt naturally.

Yes, numerous times. No, I don't share a lots of tactics over here or link my account. Come over to Clash's server or any other theorycrafting server. Different compos with different modding have different ways to deal with with high success rates even if not surefire. Multiple clean up options is also possible. All of these exist on yt naturally.

So you claim there are teams that can do it, but won’t share because you don’t want to. That’s your prerogative but I have yet to see any non GL team be able to one shot Rey on 3v3 comps
    Lastly, there's no such thing as -breaking teams- in 3v3 as there are no full teams and there are various leadership options for any leftover good/relic toons. It's not like using GAS breaks anything as 501 can go with either Rex or Shaak leadership, even both of them.

Entirely anecdotal as removing BSF, GAS, and other similar toons hinder a teams performance.
    You don't have a point. You posed the topic as a question and now failing to receive the answers.

And the only one even remotely responding to the original point is you actually. Everyone else is hung up on me having a GL or not rather than addressing my issue with that without a GL, you cannot one shot Rey on defense in 3v3. The video you posted even says so and requires a meticulous cheesing strategy, specific and crucial modding, and a lot of luck.

So in regards to my original point and even more so my question to you, what non GL team do you use to one shot Rey on defense in 3v3?

You are moving the goal post, now it became a one shotting condition, what's next? Obviously having a gl over not having it is an advantage, a very much surmountable one. Ofc you'll be using up good toons to counter it...which is still way less costly than your opponent having the GL. Is that the point?

You are moving the goal post, now it became a one shotting condition, what's next? Obviously having a gl over not having it is an advantage, a very much surmountable one. Ofc you'll be using up good toons to counter it...which is still way less costly than your opponent having the GL. Is that the point?

I’m not moving anything. I asked you what non GL composition you have that doesn’t require multiple attempts or cheesing. If you can’t provide it then me saying that Rey on defense is a cheat code in 3v3 still stands against those without a GL. It’s an automatic advantage that you will lose if your opponent clears you in one shot because you absolutely have to use more than one team against rey. So where the movement of the goal post?
    I asked if people without GL’s are SOL against rey teams on defense, and that question still stands.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    If we say yes can @Kyno close the thread?