Rey on Defense in 3v3

Replies

• That just came on later when you saw that it's beatable in various ways via multi attempts. There's also a 2 team way. Keep coming up with names...or just learn and try to solve your problem. As you kept ignoring, getting jml won't change much unless you'll keep him for offense everytime you meet a Rey.

Also it's on you to come up with a defense that's not completely oneshotable. These days I'm getting matched with 2-3 gls and even them run out of bullets to clear my defense from time to time.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Since some of us can't use internet, here's a little helping hand. It's not next to impossible, just hard and it needs specific treatment:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzuVqk5npsw

Yeah I saw that and it’s nowhere near a guarantee win. And as I said before it’s required you to break up multiple teams. He even says in the video that without a GL it’s impossible to beat Rey in one shot. So my point still stands. Rey in 3v3 is a cheat code for defense.

If you actually watched the entire video, you need to break up exactly 2 teams - Ep/Vader and you need to pull BSF away from DR. That's it. Everything else is either canon fodder or the Finn+Heroes team needed to finish the job. So yes, you can't one-shot a GL team without a GL. And beating a GL without one takes a little more effort and planning than a "standard" team.

But you also don't need to use GAS/501st, DR, JKR, Thrawn, JKL, CLS/Han/Chewie, Padme/GR or many other strong toons that you can either leave on defense or use to clear your opponent.

Or you can keep ignoring both, the ways to beat her without a GL AND ignoring the fact that not having a GL at this point in your GP-life puts you at a disadvantage and keep begging CG to make up for your decisions and lack of planning.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF wrote: »
    If we say yes can @Kyno close the thread?

I’m sorry, this isn’t your thread to close or even request it.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I wish the forums were more like Twitter and political threads. That way Kyno could just label it as "misleading information" .
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Since some of us can't use internet, here's a little helping hand. It's not next to impossible, just hard and it needs specific treatment:

Yeah I saw that and it’s nowhere near a guarantee win. And as I said before it’s required you to break up multiple teams. He even says in the video that without a GL it’s impossible to beat Rey in one shot. So my point still stands. Rey in 3v3 is a cheat code for defense.

If you actually watched the entire video, you need to break up exactly 2 teams - Ep/Vader and you need to pull BSF away from DR. That's it. Everything else is either canon fodder or the Finn+Heroes team needed to finish the job. So yes, you can't one-shot a GL team without a GL. And beating a GL without one takes a little more effort and planning than a "standard" team.

But you also don't need to use GAS/501st, DR, JKR, Thrawn, JKL, CLS/Han/Chewie, Padme/GR or many other strong toons that you can either leave on defense or use to clear your opponent.

Or you can keep ignoring both, the ways to beat her without a GL AND ignoring the fact that not having a GL at this point in your GP-life puts you at a disadvantage and keep begging CG to make up for your decisions and lack of planning.

Hmmm first time I just got Nikoms’ed.

Kinda stings honestly lol.

But yes I did watch the video. And yes that’s my main point that without a GL, you cannot one shot Rey on defense, so that answers that.

I wish the forums were more like Twitter and political threads. That way Kyno could just label it as "misleading information" .

Not really but whatever lol.
  • You can 2 shot it (as opposed to 8-20 shot)... seriously. You need to do a bit of work, these things doesn't go with "just throw in X-Y-Z and push auto". Unless you prepare specifically for the occasion, you'll fail anyway. Even when you fail, there are non intersecting options.
  • JKR, GAS, Thrawn CAN beat Rey in 3v3 (not all comps) but I think it's quite a gamble. Gotta reduce her max health untill GAS can finish her off with a big hit and need to survive the incoming attacks aswell as an ult from Rey, so high relics and a propper modding are required. So there are 3 options:
    1) try the gamble and send in the JKR, GAS, Thrawn team for a 1st time clear
    2) do a multi attempt take down at the cost of 30 banners
    3) completely ignore her and the full clear and try to win by efficiency in clearing the other territories
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

But yes I did watch the video. And yes that’s my main point that without a GL, you cannot one shot Rey on defense, so that answers that.

That wasn't your main point to start:
    It seems that the only combination that work are other GL’s. So if that’s the case what’s there to use? Are people without a GL yet just SOL if they find a Rey ultimate on defense in 3v3 and lack a GL to counter or even try?

So now that that was disproven by the video, you changed your main point.

If you new main point/question is "Can I one-shot a GL easily without having a GL?" the answer is "No." And that is precisely how it should be - that's why GL's are hard to acquire. But possible - so much so that many f2p to have at least one by now (some of us 2 or more).

That wasn't your main point to start:
    It seems that the only combination that work are other GL’s. So if that’s the case what’s there to use? Are people without a GL yet just SOL if they find a Rey ultimate on defense in 3v3 and lack a GL to counter or even try?

So now that that was disproven by the video, you changed your main point.

If you new main point/question is "Can I one-shot a GL easily without having a GL?" the answer is "No." And that is precisely how it should be - that's why GL's are hard to acquire. But possible - so much so that many f2p to have at least one by now (some of us 2 or more).

And I’ll be joining that group hopefully in a couple weeks once I finish getting MM and 3pac starred up.
  • What you are getting into is a mind game of "if my opponents sets gl on defense, I'll keep mine for offense...but I bet he'll be thinking the same, I should set it for defense, oh no then I'll be stuck at his and he can clear my defense with higher banners" etc. xD.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Lastly, there's no such thing as -breaking teams- in 3v3 as there are no full teams and there are various leadership options for any leftover good/relic toons. It's not like using GAS breaks anything as 501 can go with either Rex or Shaak leadership, even both of them.

Dude, you're only right if you count to 9 and divide by 3. Stop doing math around here!
  • @Mephisto_style - any idea what the relic levels/modding looks like on those teams in the videos?

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    @Mephisto_style - any idea what the relic levels/modding looks like on those teams in the videos?

I'd say not great (on the reys squads). The dr, thrawn, bsf works great if you can get fracture and fear off. The Finn's I come across are 330+ speed plus add reys leadership speed means they kill thrawn before anyone moves and your done. The second one probably wouldn't work on rey, han, chewy or rey with Finn and poe. Just cause some vids show it's possible definitely doesn't mean it will work. The other vid in reducing reys health, taking out chewy and han then rey afterwards is probably the best way to attack rey in 3v3.
  • Agreed, instead of making it a high chance fail, one should just go for the multi attempt solutions.
  • Saada wrote: »
    @Mephisto_style - any idea what the relic levels/modding looks like on those teams in the videos?

I'd say not great (on the reys squads). The dr, thrawn, bsf works great if you can get fracture and fear off. The Finn's I come across are 330+ speed plus add reys leadership speed means they kill thrawn before anyone moves and your done. The second one probably wouldn't work on rey, han, chewy or rey with Finn and poe. Just cause some vids show it's possible definitely doesn't mean it will work. The other vid in reducing reys health, taking out chewy and han then rey afterwards is probably the best way to attack rey in 3v3.

Well, 1 thing that would surely be the case is your trio will have to be full R7 with really nice 6E mods all close to max speed. Debating that would seem silly
  • Saada wrote: »

Well, 1 thing that would surely be the case is your trio will have to be full R7 with really nice 6E mods all close to max speed. Debating that would seem silly

Well, therein lies the problem. Very few f2p players can afford to R7 and max-mod non-meta (or no longer meta) characters just for GAC.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Lol Visa.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Saada wrote: »

Well, therein lies the problem. Very few f2p players can afford to R7 and max-mod non-meta (or no longer meta) characters just for GAC.
    Sure, but then this reverts back to the argument that any F2P that's determined enough should have a GL after 8 months. If OP purposely neglected GLs under the pretext of "building their roster", r7 DR, BSF and r3-5+ Thrawn shouldn't be out of reach.
  • Wait, you don't want a GL as F2P to counter other GLs AND getting unber F2P charavters to R7 with awesome 6E mods is too expensive for you?

Sounds like it's lose lose for you. Perhaps you should ask CG for your own =win button.
  • TVF wrote: »
    How do you still not have a GL

Because I’m not a whale and don’t spend on the game. Nor have I chosen to neglect several other teams. Love the attempt at derailing the thread though.

It's only derailing for those who refuse to accept that

1) The best way to beat a GL is a GL
    2) You could have a GL by now without spending a single cent.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it true, and just because you don't like it doesn't make it a derail. It's 100% relevant.

Why would anyone ever accept being paired with a GL opponent when you have none? It's impossible. Why would any of us be ok with that?

They just want to funnel people into investing in toons they don't want (sequel trilogy), this manipulating them into spending money. I mean it's called "Capital Games."
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    How do you still not have a GL

Because I’m not a whale and don’t spend on the game. Nor have I chosen to neglect several other teams. Love the attempt at derailing the thread though.

It's only derailing for those who refuse to accept that

1) The best way to beat a GL is a GL
    2) You could have a GL by now without spending a single cent.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it true, and just because you don't like it doesn't make it a derail. It's 100% relevant.

Why would anyone ever accept being paired with a GL opponent when you have none? It's impossible. Why would any of us be ok with that?

I don't know @Kyp_Durron88 maybe

1) People don't like to accept anything that isn't the easiest solution or
    2) This was in November or
    3) Por que no los dos
  • Difficult solution is one thing. What I'm talking about is impossible. I was just paired with someone who has 2 maxed out GLs. It's a complete joke, and silence does not affect change. Not going after you. Just speaking truth to add to the big fuss.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    It's not truth. Git more GLs.
  • Wish that was my problem. I keep getting paired with opponents that have 50k more top GP than me. That 50k always seems to be a GL. I would think that with 10s of thousands of players in Div 1 they could match better. I would think that if 50k GP would be subtracted from my opponent's top 80 or 65 that it would be much more fair. Whatever though.

There is always the strategist's chance.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Wish that was my problem. I keep getting paired with opponents that have 50k more top GP than me. That 50k always seems to be a GL. I would think that with 10s of thousands of players in Div 1 they could match better. I would think that if 50k GP would be subtracted from my opponent's top 80 or 65 that it would be much more fair. Whatever though.

There is always the strategist's chance.
    50k GP is chump change in Division 1.