Event tickets are awful

Replies

• Sorry, Rath Tarr. Better luck on Monday.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    i3iy75b8osw7.png
    1 win, 2 losses.

Try again tomorrow. :/

which tier is this? is this ultimate SKLR 6? If yes,
    use the below strategy Mod SLKR full health and dont attack to REY until he is ready
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1vstJRkzMk
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    It is stuff like this that highlights how poorly designed the ticket system is.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/jml-event-buttons-dissapeared-and-cost-me-tickets/m-p/9709995#M43970

"Our game is broke and you lost tickets and resources, oh well who cares, nothing we are going to do about it."

I get the disappearing UI or stalled game (whatever you want to call this bug) is hard one to track down and fix, however this is just a horrid response when it affects other parts of the game.
  • Ooh, ouch! :(
  • TuncBlack posted exactly the video I grabbed to post, stole my thunder he did. I agree that the gating is ridiculous. I haven't lost any attempts, but I also made sure to watch videos and ask guildies before each tier.
    Use the above video, hit the numbers for speed and health as close as you can, I was short a bit on both but it works. Good luck all! MTFBWY.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/jml-event-buttons-dissapeared-and-cost-me-tickets/m-p/9709995#M43970

"Our game is broke and you lost tickets and resources, oh well who cares, nothing we are going to do about it."

I get the disappearing UI or stalled game (whatever you want to call this bug) is hard one to track down and fix, however this is just a horrid response when it affects other parts of the game.

@CG_Doja_Fett If you could look into this and maybe iron out a solution, that would be great. I am about to start t3 of the JML event and do not want to lose 60 tickets due to a bug that hasn’t been fixed yet. Customer support needs to be aware of this so proper compensation can be given out....or just get rid of the tokens, but we know that’s not going to happen. Help us Doja, you’re our only hope.
  • StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

CG_Doja_Fett If you could look into this and maybe iron out a solution, that would be great. I am about to start t3 of the JML event and do not want to lose 60 tickets due to a bug that hasn’t been fixed identified yet. Customer support needs to be aware of this so proper compensation can be given out....or just get rid of the tokens, but we know that’s not going to happen. Help us Doja, you’re our only hope.

FTFY. They still think it was Captain Han :D
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

CG_Doja_Fett If you could look into this and maybe iron out a solution, that would be great. I am about to start t3 of the JML event and do not want to lose 60 tickets due to a bug that hasn’t been fixed yet. Customer support needs to be aware of this so proper compensation can be given out....or just get rid of the tokens, but we know that’s not going to happen. Help us Doja, you’re our only hope.

With the current ticket situation setup, they will likely never compensate anyone for lost battles like this. On their end there is not way to know if they force closed because it wasn't going well or because the buttons went away.

• Kyno wrote: »

CG_Doja_Fett If you could look into this and maybe iron out a solution, that would be great. I am about to start t3 of the JML event and do not want to lose 60 tickets due to a bug that hasn’t been fixed yet. Customer support needs to be aware of this so proper compensation can be given out....or just get rid of the tokens, but we know that’s not going to happen. Help us Doja, you’re our only hope.

With the current ticket situation setup, they will likely never compensate anyone for lost battles like this. On their end there is not way to know if they force closed because it wasn't going well or because the buttons went away.

Screen grabs/ video?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Screen grabs/ video?

copy and paste.

how do they validate that? its a whole big can of worms, inside a can of worms.
  • Or they could just change the system so the tier unlocks with the required number of tickets (gating still in place) - but a loss or bug doesn't cost you more tickets (players happy). Problem solved and win/win. But that's too simple. Sometimes it seems as though EA is only happy with win(EA)/lose(player). Poor design and nothing done about it. After playing this game for 5 years, we should all be used to this kind of thing by now.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Or they could just change the system so the tier unlocks with the required number of tickets (gating still in place) - but a loss or bug doesn't cost you more tickets (players happy). Problem solved and win/win. But that's too simple. Sometimes it seems as though EA is only happy with win(EA)/lose(player). Poor design and nothing done about it. After playing this game for 5 years, we should all be used to this kind of thing by now.

This would be one way to do it, but keeping the time gating this is trying to implement, there would be long gaps while building up the number needed to complete the higher tiers. at least this way its a trickle in play, trickle in play.

they seem to want to keep the timeframe implemented and that can be done and not punish players for bugs and issues that can appear to be a loss.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Or they could just change the system so the tier unlocks with the required number of tickets (gating still in place) - but a loss or bug doesn't cost you more tickets (players happy). Problem solved and win/win. But that's too simple. Sometimes it seems as though EA is only happy with win(EA)/lose(player). Poor design and nothing done about it. After playing this game for 5 years, we should all be used to this kind of thing by now.

This would be one way to do it, but keeping the time gating this is trying to implement, there would be long gaps while building up the number needed to complete the higher tiers. at least this way its a trickle in play, trickle in play.

they seem to want to keep the timeframe implemented and that can be done and not punish players for bugs and issues that can appear to be a loss.

Never understood the whole time gating. Why slow down getting a GL unlocked when the requirements are already steep and will take a while to obtain? I get the slowing down the ultimate, but the unlock, I don’t get at all. I would be fine if they just dumped the whole ticket system today, and I have one GL and am just days away from unlocking another.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Never understood the whole time gating. Why slow down getting a GL unlocked when the requirements are already steep and will take a while to obtain? I get the slowing down the ultimate, but the unlock, I don’t get at all. I would be fine if they just dumped the whole ticket system today, and I have one GL and am just days away from unlocking another.

neither do I. but from the general conversation that came up when the ticket rate was being discussed, it seemed like there was a hard line that the rate and the system was always going to push.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

That makes no sense.
    If you only consumed tickets on a win the rate would still be the same as it is or at least as it should be (the rate is actually extended right now because of bugs) and people would not be so upset about this bug or crashes wasting thier tickets. You still would have to farm the tickets at the same rate and players might actually have fun and enjoy running the events.
    Out of the 3 GL events I have done you didn't need any high relic level than was required to start farming tickets.
  • Thank you for playing. Try again tomorrow! :|
    17tzzcnl0te5.png
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Thank you for playing. Try again tomorrow! :|
    17tzzcnl0te5.png

Contact me on Discord or come to my server and we will get you through the event without having to fight through RNG. (Bulldog1205#3050).
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I think it is simply a way to get more money out of whales who already have all of the characters.
  • Win! Now 2-3. Come back tomorrow!

la5g2r17ogrp.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That makes no sense.
    If you only consumed tickets on a win the rate would still be the same as it is or at least as it should be (the rate is actually extended right now because of bugs) and people would not be so upset about this bug or crashes wasting thier tickets. You still would have to farm the tickets at the same rate and players might actually have fun and enjoy running the events.
    Out of the 3 GL events I have done you didn't need any high relic level than was required to start farming tickets.

What he was saying was different than what you are proposing.

Yes what you are saying would be in line with what they seem to want and be more beneficial to the player base. I'm not arguing that.

That makes no sense.

Yes what you are saying would be in line with what they seem to want and be more beneficial to the player base. I'm not arguing that.

Any of the proposed solutions would be preferable to the current system. I honestly, was simply trying to come up with the one I thought was the easiest from a programming standpoint - as the functionality is the same as previous modes. Because CG will take the easiest path, if they are interested in making the ticket system a positive player experience at all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    What about the tokens being on a timer like energy? Keeps the unlock time table. Or make it so that each tier of the event can only be played once per day.
    Post edited by Chucko_marek on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That makes no sense.

Any of the proposed solutions would be preferable to the current system. I honestly, was simply trying to come up with the one I thought was the easiest from a programming standpoint - as the functionality is the same as previous modes. Because CG will take the easiest path, if they are interested in making the ticket system a positive player experience at all.

Yeah, I understand. I was just trying to point out that your suggestion is probably the least likely due to large scale change it makes to the playability of the GL series.

Right now you play every 15 tokens on tier one, with what you proposed we would only play after 120 tokens. That long gap is a big change to this release style.

Also, we dont necessarily know whats easier without looking at and knowing the code, but we will see if we can push for a change.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    So I finally unlocked SLKR last night and just shook my head and laughed at 1: the next teir costs 70 tix 2: the worst most pathetic reward I have ever seen. Are they truly serious that a title is something you reward a player with for 6 months of non stop farming? I mean this is the big time right. This is a legendary toon!!! There should be fireworks going off and loud music playing. Instead I feel like my dog just died. Pretty much every other big time event gave out the toon shards, credits, gear and 5 zeta mats for the Drevan event. The last 2 GAS and Malak gave nothing if I remember right. We the players had to give up on farming anything other than the specific GL faction for months neglecting everything else no matter how cool or useful it was just get a GL and we are rewarded with jack squat.

While you aren't wrong about the event rewards having gone in the toilet, this is nothing new.

Sorry about your dog though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    So I finally unlocked SLKR last night and just shook my head and laughed at 1: the next teir costs 70 tix 2: the worst most pathetic reward I have ever seen. Are they truly serious that a title is something you reward a player with for 6 months of non stop farming? I mean this is the big time right. This is a legendary toon!!! There should be fireworks going off and loud music playing. Instead I feel like my dog just died. Pretty much every other big time event gave out the toon shards, credits, gear and 5 zeta mats for the Drevan event. The last 2 GAS and Malak gave nothing if I remember right. We the players had to give up on farming anything other than the specific GL faction for months neglecting everything else no matter how cool or useful it was just get a GL and we are rewarded with jack squat.

While you aren't wrong about the event rewards having gone in the toilet, this is nothing new.

Sorry about your dog though.

Agreed. Thoughts and prayers for the dog.

• Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    The ticket system is hot burning garbage. It doesn't make me want to engage the content, in fact, the exact opposite.

Screen grabs/ video?

copy and paste.

how do they validate that? its a whole big can of worms, inside a can of worms.

Sooo, because a system can be taken advantage of, it's an excuse to not own up to your own mistakes?

It's a big ole, 'yep, it's our fault, but because you might be trying to cheat the system, sucks to be you.'
  • Finished my ultimate farm over the weekend. Still not a fan of the 70 ticket penalty on a loss. It's too much.

Final tally 10-3 .. 1 win, 3 losses, then 9 wins once I had it dialed in.

Fun factor: 0