The Mandalorian [Possible Spoilers]

Darth_Vader1985
19 posts Member
edited December 2020
Now I’m curious. What do you want to see in upcoming Mandalorian episodes? Feel free to comment. :)

(Now that the show is over, and I finally updated the post, what do you want to see next?)
Post edited by Darth_Vader1985 on

Replies

• I would rather not see more of the child. Thought this was The Mandalorian not The Babysitter or The Transporter. I would like more cohesive stories and them being on other planets than Tatooine. I dont need nostalgia and fan service. Bring on something new!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Without going into season 2 spoilers, I'd like to see more of the post-empire fall, new republic formation dynamics. Doesn't have to be in-your-face, just in the background of some episodes.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I agree with the previous comments. Really hoping we can move on from tatooine and other desert and low populated planets. Would really like to see planets thriving full of life with big cities.

Also hope the story progresses a little bit faster. We only have 8 episodes this season.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    To me, the episodic “Lone Wolf and Cub” nature of the show is one of the things I like most about it. Star Wars has more than enough long form, epic narratives. If anything, I’m a little disappointed that this new season is already two for two with episodes featuring giant cgi set pieces. They’re good episodes and the effects still look pretty good, but more cracks in the visuals are starting to show compared to last season (last season, I could rarely tell when they were using CG baby yoda, now I can much more often). I don’t want them blowing their effects budget this early.
  • I am sure their budget will just get bigger and bigger like most popular shows do.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    They keep playing it safe, and I hate that. I feel like the only good look we’ve had at the complicated world of bounty hunting was season 1 episode 6. Also, I’m glad he’s learning more about Mandalorian culture, but let’s speed things up. Already done with episode 3 and I feel like we’re just getting the wheels moving on the story. It seems like he forgot about the season 1 finale.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I was afraid they were going to turn this show into a big cameo fest and it might be heading that way. Will see what the rest of the season brings.

Episode 1 Cobb Vanth
    Episode 2
    Episode 3 Bo-Katan
    Episode 4 Ahsoka Tano?

I guess at some point we can expect Luke Skywalker with R2 and C3P0 and a 5 year old Ben Solo with Chewie.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I was afraid they were going to turn this show into a big cameo fest and it might be heading that way. Will see what the rest of the season brings.

Episode 1 Cobb Vanth
    Episode 2
    Episode 3 Bo-Katan
    Episode 4 Ahsoka Tano?

I guess at some point we can expect Luke Skywalker with R2 and C3P0 and a 5 year old Ben Solo with Chewie.

Isn’t Cobb Vanth a new character?
  • DatBoi wrote: »

Episode 1 Cobb Vanth
    Episode 2
    Episode 3 Bo-Katan
    Episode 4 Ahsoka Tano?

Isn’t Cobb Vanth a new character?

He was in the aftermath novel
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Episode 1 Cobb Vanth
    Episode 2
    Episode 3 Bo-Katan
    Episode 4 Ahsoka Tano?

Episode 2 was Boba Fett

I wouldn't mind them using CG (not capital games) to put Adam Driver's head on a 5 year old. Would be funny.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Episode 1 - Cobb Vanth & Boba Fett

Episode 2 -

Episode 3 - Bo-Katan

Episode 4 - Dark Troopers

Episode 5 -

Episode 6 -

Episode 7 -

Episode 8 -
    Post edited by LordDirt on
  • Boba wasn’t in episode 2. He was in episode 1
  • Now I’m curious. What do you want to see in upcoming Mandalorian episodes? Feel free to comment. :)
    I think we all want to see more of the child!
    Here is what I want to see in upcoming Mandolorian episodes, specifically what I want to see changed:

1) I would want to see less of the child. Every scene has to have a cute bit of the child doing something stupid, which is done to keep the younger audience interested in what is going on. If they have to do that in order to keep people engaged, then there is a problem.

2) Violence that is consistent with the rest of the cinematic universe. The violence level is so low and inconsistent with the majority of Star Wars movies as well as the Clone Wars show. It gets to the point where it completely breaks the immersion.

There was one episode in Season 2 where these 3 blue Mandalorians saved Mando by stealing spears from some alien pirates and then preceding to use those spears as baseball bats and clubs against the pirates. I thought Mandalorians were supposed to be warriors, not complete ****. It doesn't take a genius to understand how to actually use a spear. Ever since Disney got involved in Star Wars, everything got so kid-friendly to the point where it interferes with the story and immersion.

3) New worlds that aren't populated by already established species. Season 2 has had the majority of its episodes either take place on Tatooine and/or on planets with species from the original trilogy movies. The only creativity was in that one spider episode.

4) Don't bring back Boba. Why is Disney so obsessed with bringing back George Lucas's villains? First they brought back the Emperor while in the process creating multiple plot holes, only to kill him off at the end of the movie may I add (very creative, just recycling an old villain just to kill him off), and now Boba. They will probably kill him off too at the end of the season....
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    I would rather not see more of the child. Thought this was The Mandalorian not The Babysitter or The Transporter. I would like more cohesive stories and them being on other planets than Tatooine. I dont need nostalgia and fan service. Bring on something new!

As much as I agree, there is no way that Disney is ever willing to give up marketing profits to better the plot. The child is here to stay...
  • Episode 1 - Cobb Vanth & Boba Fett
    Episode 2 -
    Episode 3 - Bo-Katan
    Episode 5 - Ahsoka
    Episode 6 -
    Episode 7 -
    Episode 8 -
    Episode 2 -
    Episode 3 - Bo-Katan
    Episode 5 - Ahsoka
    Episode 6 -
    Episode 7 -
    Episode 8 -

I really wonder if boba will make any more appearances this season. Or if they are going to just save him for his own show
  • Who knows, I am sure they will have a few spin off shows but I don't know if they would do two shows on bounty hunters.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Episode 2 -
    Episode 3 - Bo-Katan
    Episode 5 - Ahsoka
    Episode 6 -
    Episode 7 -
    Episode 8 - Luke Skywalker, R2D2 & Bib Fortuna
    Post edited by LordDirt on
    Episode 2 -
    Episode 3 - Bo-Katan
    Episode 5 - Ahsoka
    Episode 6 -
    Episode 7 -
    Episode 8 - Luke Skywalker & Bib Fortuna

Don't forget in 7 there was the mention of Operation Cinder from Battlefront 2. R2 for 8 as well.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • The season finale was awesome! But update this thread when you have watched the episode. I can't say anything about the topic that I'm most curious about, without spoiling anything. :D
  • Darth_Vader1985
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    The season finale was awesome! But update this thread when you have watched the episode. I can't say anything about the topic that I'm most curious about, without spoiling anything. :D

I watched the episode last week, I just haven’t t updated the thread. I gotta say, I’m pretty impressed! I really like the ending!
    Luke Skywalker returns as a cgi version of Mark Hamill. He GOES TO TOWN with his lightsaber and kills the dark troopers (like Darth Vader in rouge one). He’s a Jedi looking for the child, like Ashoka mentioned earlier.
    I’m super excited for the book of boba fett too!!!
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    The season finale was awesome! But update this thread when you have watched the episode. I can't say anything about the topic that I'm most curious about, without spoiling anything. :D

I watched the episode last week, I just haven’t t updated the thread. I gotta say, I’m pretty impressed! I really like the ending!
    Luke Skywalker returns as a cgi version of Mark Hamill. He GOES TO TOWN with his lightsaber and kills the dark troopers (like Darth Vader in rouge one). He’s a Jedi looking for the child, like Ashoka mentioned earlier.
    I’m super excited for the book of boba fett too!!!

Alright, I will use those spoiler tags too for the others who might read too early. :D
    Those things were really cool, true. Also I wish they had done the same favour to Ahsoka and given her some cgi to make her look as perfect. But what I'm most interested in is the fate of Mandalor and the tragedy of Bo-Katan! Gideon knew exactly why he forced Din Djarin into battling him - knowing that even if he lost, he would ruin everything for Bo-Katan and her plans because she needs to conquer the Darksaber in battle. His vicious smile when looking at her, and her growing stiff at the same time, was a very strong moment. And that could influence the whole future of the Mandalorians.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Sabine giving Bo-Katan the Dark Saber. :D2c4onv7cjar2.jpeg
    Sabine giving Bo-Katan the Dark Saber. :D2c4onv7cjar2.jpeg

She said back then that she couldn't just take it from her. But then all the clans got on their knees because they wanted her as their leader... we can only imagine that this caused problems and might be part of the reason why she lost it or let it behind again. For a chance in the future to really gain it in battle.