Galactic War

1235Next

Replies

• I started to farm JC, and looking into Ewok Elder. I find myself needing more healers that before. I have Talia, Lumi and Elder as a-healers but am looking at A-sumolement healers as a consequence of epic enemies.

You can play great, but you cannot come out of level 60 epic enemies un harmed, and there you have your next level 60.

Anyone training mdre healer ranks for GW?
  • I think they also partially patched quitting fights midway through and resetting the encounter. If you don't change your team comp and go right back in, you will experience the same attack rolls for crits and statuses on the same targets in your squad, going on indefinitely as long as you retry the exact same fighting conditions, as far as I can tell. And it's usually big crits from characters that didn't have that many stars or levels in the preview screen, like a 4 star level 47 Sidious almost wiping your squishy guys with three 2500+ crits on his AoE. Or Dooku getting guaranteed double stun, unless you change out the targeted member of your party. I guess this won't affect most people, as they just retreat and try again that way, but it's good to know they're aware of it. Just let me get my Luminara that I neglected working on ranked up before they completely fix it. :D
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    I wish I could, currently farming Kylo, so I can't farm JC until I 7* Kylo
  • I lost my GW today, unable to complete the second to last node. My first mission was vs full lvl 60 in purple. This continued, and every twam i fought had a sidious who went first and layed a dot. About halfway through, i started going in with lvl 1-20s just to absorb that aoe. By round 8 or so the teams were full 7 star (you can tell by their hitpoints and damage... sid critting for 3k on his aoe, etc).
    Sometimes you win it. Sometimes you dont. Making whining posts wont change that.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • I think they also partially patched quitting fights midway through and resetting the encounter. If you don't change your team comp and go right back in, you will experience the same attack rolls for crits and statuses on the same targets in your squad, going on indefinitely as long as you retry the exact same fighting conditions, as far as I can tell. And it's usually big crits from characters that didn't have that many stars or levels in the preview screen, like a 4 star level 47 Sidious almost wiping your squishy guys with three 2500+ crits on his AoE. Or Dooku getting guaranteed double stun, unless you change out the targeted member of your party. I guess this won't affect most people, as they just retreat and try again that way, but it's good to know they're aware of it. Just let me get my Luminara that I neglected working on ranked up before they completely fix it. :D

This is just to provide information: what I experienced was during the first round of a fresh battle, 9th node. There's no way JC can strike twice in a row without being attacked while I haven't had a turn yet. I'm running a Sid and Dooku in GW and what's been happening is messed up.
  • Weird, I don't think I experienced anything that drastically bugged in my two banked wars today. That's actually pretty troubling. I may have just not paid attention and suffered similarly, in addition to the presumed changes I mentioned. Dunno if those are intentional or not, but what you are saying sounds a bit worrying in regards to people who rely on certain characters to clear the later stages, which is almost everyone. I actually came down to my second-to-last backup backup characters on the first run, so maybe it was harder than normal. I'll have to check this later, with my daily restart. Thanks for the example.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Pilot wrote: »
    My first mission was vs full lvl 60 in purple.

PM me if you get a chance.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • I
    I started to farm JC, and looking into Ewok Elder. I find myself needing more healers that before. I have Talia, Lumi and Elder as a-healers but am looking at A-sumolement healers as a consequence of epic enemies.

You can play great, but you cannot come out of level 60 epic enemies un harmed, and there you have your next level 60.

Anyone training mdre healer ranks for GW?

I'm farming Ewok Elder too. But seems like it will take months for him to be battle ready
  • I only lost 2 of my A squad members in this GW today. I did have a battle or 2 that acted weird, all enemies attacking twice before I went once. But I attributed that to Phasma. I really need to look at putting together a turn meter squad and see how that does.
  • What determines the battles we get in galactic war? Is it just based on level or also based on arena ranking?
  • I made it through gw today, most of my A squad intact. Things got a little dicey when sid kept dodging all my attacks. Took two full rounds just to get him to go down.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    haven't lost a gw in 12 days, but the difficulty is ramping up. I faced 7x full 60 7* mkVII teams today and I'm 57 running 4-6*.

thank god the AI is dumb as rocks
    mighty chlorians
  • What do you think is worth investing into? I'm of course iPhone user, so no headstart with Phasma...is she worth buying or better to start hoarding in hope for something better to be added?
  • lost yesterday for the first time in a while, but won again today with only my cannon fodder dead. getting tougher with all the 60s coming up
  • I had the same problem. I'm starting with phasma, she seems really good and her abilities are pretty useful
  • Is it just me or are the tokens not appearing for rewards? I know in the rewards box it says I got like 300 or 600 and it just doesn't show up! What's up with it?
  • Click on the chests
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    You don't get 300 or 600 from any fight, you get 100, 200 or 400.
  • It keeps saying 600 but I guess I just get 200. I click on the chest and everything and see the rewards thing. But it's different from what it says.
  • Go to the character and strategy subforum. There are quite alot of discussion about this particular question.

If youre not gonna go there and assuming you have your lumi at *6/7 already, go for phasma. Ability to manipulate turn meter is the best thing next to stun and counter attack.
  • Phasma has massive HP and decent buff/debuff, but she hits really weak
  • Phasma has tons of utility and is tanky and if you use AoE slow==>advantage in that order the next two rounds she, and everybody else hits like a Mack truck. She is the best nonhealer support in the game imo.
  • Shizmoo wrote: »
    Phasma has massive HP and decent buff/debuff, but she hits really weak

Mine hits at roughly twice the damage of a similar level Barriss and Daka, not including the 1.5 multiplier two rounds w/advantage.
  • AceDon1
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Nice battle Kabbage! (Arena) You're my toughest opponent. Awwhhh....
  • AceDon1
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2015

• Got through GW again today with no chars lost. Didn't notice any difference. Either I'm really good or really lucky, not sure which, but I'm sitting at 21/22 since I hit level 40.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • The difficulty is definitely increasing. I'm seeing many more 6* and 7* teams. The only thing that helps me is having very many characters. Without spending gobs of money you get two choices. Small 7 star a team, or multiple teams of a,B,c, etc at lower stars.
  • I am lvl 56 now and I have been completing galactic war since about 10 lvl earlier after i read in forum that there is a retreat button. Recently it has been getting very difficult, and my game changer yesterday was captain Phasma. Her team all took their turns before mine, and my A team was almost obliterated. I think it will get tougher from now own as more n more people will start using her, it is kinda unfair for iOS cause we got Poe instead who seems not so useful in GW but more as a suicider in arena.

At higher levels fewer people use chewie too, who is kinda good to face in GW cause u can leave him to the last and heal up.