Taking chewie and threepio and r2 to relic 7 worth it?

Coolnessda
273 posts Member
edited November 2020
So I absolutely love r2 and chewie and threepio. Their abilities to pass on stat boosts to allies of proper alignment and chewie's additional assists make for quite an onslaught. While my chewie and threepio are only 4 stars my r2 is currently at relic 5 seeing that I use it for my jedi training Rey squad and commander Luke team. Would it be worth the trouble to take both toons to relic 7 for maximum stat boosts for allies or not? It's been a while since I used either squad without r2 so I wouldn't know if there would be a noticable impact on their effectiveness.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Coolnessda wrote: »
    So I absolutely love r2 and chewie and threepio. Their abilities to pass on stat boosts to allies of proper alignment and chewie's additional assists make for quite an onslaught. While my chewie and threepio are only 4 stars my r2 is currently at relic 5 seeing that I use it for my jedi training Rey squad and commander Luke team. Would it be worth the trouble to take both toons to relic 7 for maximum stat boosts for allies or not? It's been a while since I used either squad without r2 so I wouldn't know if there would be a noticable impact on their effectiveness.

They are some of the best rebels you can have. OG Chewbacca is a powerhouse, a presence on the battlefield, with dispels and stuns and the assists that shred through enemies very quickly. Given that r7 and 7* will dramatically boost his offense and potency, you should absolutely and he will help out your CLS team greatly (especially with Han).

C3P0 is debatable. He's hugely plug and play between droids, Resistance, Rebellion, GR (Padme) and generic LS teams like GL Rey. So however you look at it, he's not a waste of resources. However priority in this case, assuming you don't have an overabundance of resources, should go to Chewie and R2 first. 3P0 retains some viability at lower levels than the rest of the team because he hides in stealth and is mainly concerned with controlling the flow of the battle, not damage. As long as his skills are maxed and he's a respectable gear/star level, you probably don't need him r7 to be useful.
  • Oh sorry I meant the chewie and threepio single toon that was more recent not the 2 legendary event toons.
    Oh sorry I meant the chewie and threepio single toon that was more recent not the 2 legendary event toons.

Ah then the answer is a lot shorter. Heck yes. He can nuke a great many teams under CLS. His damage output is insane, and blind can really save your skin
  • Cool. Yeah at the moment he's not viable for high end combat but I do have him geared somewhat and level 85. I used him a few times in a commander Luke squad before where i could and thought he was a hell of a lot better than c3p0 who cant do damage period.
    Cool. Yeah at the moment he's not viable for high end combat but I do have him geared somewhat and level 85. I used him a few times in a commander Luke squad before where i could and thought he was a hell of a lot better than c3p0 who cant do damage period.

It all comes down to whether you want more control on the battlefield or raw damage. 3p0 is definitely very useful, but may still serve you better in other teams anyway, so it's not a loss to replace him with CLS.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I don't know who you would take out of the lineup to put in both. Usually 3PAC would replace R2. You could in theory leave out 3PO, but I think he adds a lot more to a rebel team than R2 does. Maybe if it were GAC and you wanted 3PO with JTR, but I'm not sure I would do that.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    I don't know who you would take out of the lineup to put in both. Usually 3PAC would replace R2. You could in theory leave out 3PO, but I think he adds a lot more to a rebel team than R2 does. Maybe if it were GAC and you wanted 3PO with JTR, but I'm not sure I would do that.

Yes, R2's offense boost pales in comparison to 3po's all assist, defense down from 3 confused, and exposes. R2 is actually a good 5th on Mon Mothma if low star
  • If you care about GAC and don't have a GL then absolutely no to taking them to r7, especially C3.

These type of r7s are great addition to your roster after the 1-2 GL mark, but until then you'll just put yourself in a situation of facing more difficult opponents, potentially with GLs.

If you only care about arena, then yes to Chewie and still no to C3 and R2. C3 does just fine at r0-3 and R2 has no place on a CLS team as long as you have at least a g11 3* Threepio&Chewie.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    R2D2 is a waste unless you are going for JML. Chew and 3bac are easily top tier characters in the game as they are great in a variety of teams.

Relic level gains on R2D2 have a pretty low return on investment. He only gives a small percentage of each R level out to other characters and his damage output isn't worth mentioning at any relic level. The team effectiveness of R3 R2D2 is about the same as R7. Due to the damage output of Chew and 3bac, both are worth upgrading to R7.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    R7 > R6 but YMMV
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No imo. It won't allow you to win match ups you would lose otherwise in arena, it won't make a big difference in pve and it will hurt you in GAC.
    If you like them, my advice would be to go for GL Luke, you'll have to gear them anyway and you'll get something great in return, that will make a difference.