Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Say what you will about their chances, but I have my fingers crossed CG changes their pattern. Usually when they use wording specifically designed to not be a firm promise, it's so they don't have to worry about a timeline or can even scrap the idea altogether. And all they said about the bronzium fix is that they will "explore fixing it in a future update."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Firefox54 wrote: »
    IMO ... just fix the Bronzium packs. I understand that if we farm older toons to 7* faster we will have more energy to get gear ... but that will be offset (to some degree) by cutting gear we get from the shard shop in half. This may/may not give us more gear (don't have the time today to do the math or read through the entirety of the forum). For new toons, this will clearly be a net loss in the amount of gear that can be collected.

The worst thing (in CG's viewpoint) that could happen by fixing the Bronzium packs now is that we might actually get a little more gear than we currently get over the long-term ... and that's the big crunch in the game. I, as an older player, am rarely concerned with getting my toons to 7* (sometimes a ship now with GLs but not toons), but gear is the crunch.

Finally, yes, a number of players are skeptical when CG makes a change that, in the end, we're going to be worse off than before (let's be honest, they don't have a great community track record). If they fixed the Bronzium concern now, without tweaking other areas like drop rates, they'd likely have no one in the community questioning this change.

CG ... just throw out some goodwill and adjust the Bronzium packs now ... the money will still flow into the game ... and you'll make the entire player base happy.

I understand where you are coming from, but you make it sound like they are choosing not to adjust bronzium. They made this plan and when they started implementing it, ran into an issue, that will require more time/focus/work-arounds to get done.

Despite all the conspiracy theories around it, it's not a direct choice that they just need to be convinced to change it.
  • This really doesn't affect me that much, farming wise, however, I currently play in a developing guild and this will massively help out in new player development.
    Theres so may toons needed for Legends or epic toons, some have no idea who to chase or bypass some completely because they start to chase the new shiny.
    This will allow them to refocus on toons they will need, without adding a huge time scale to proceedings.
    Another added bonus is TB platoons, younger guilds will be able to get a full benefit from all 6 being filled, helping to add extra stars, and rewards, to their score, also building development.

I'm a 5 year vet, currency is currency, it shouldnt really be about us.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    IMO ... just fix the Bronzium packs. I understand that if we farm older toons to 7* faster we will have more energy to get gear ... but that will be offset (to some degree) by cutting gear we get from the shard shop in half. This may/may not give us more gear (don't have the time today to do the math or read through the entirety of the forum). For new toons, this will clearly be a net loss in the amount of gear that can be collected.

The worst thing (in CG's viewpoint) that could happen by fixing the Bronzium packs now is that we might actually get a little more gear than we currently get over the long-term ... and that's the big crunch in the game. I, as an older player, am rarely concerned with getting my toons to 7* (sometimes a ship now with GLs but not toons), but gear is the crunch.

Finally, yes, a number of players are skeptical when CG makes a change that, in the end, we're going to be worse off than before (let's be honest, they don't have a great community track record). If they fixed the Bronzium concern now, without tweaking other areas like drop rates, they'd likely have no one in the community questioning this change.

CG ... just throw out some goodwill and adjust the Bronzium packs now ... the money will still flow into the game ... and you'll make the entire player base happy.

I understand where you are coming from, but you make it sound like they are choosing not to adjust bronzium. They made this plan and when they started implementing it, ran into an issue, that will require more time/focus/work-arounds to get done.

Despite all the conspiracy theories around it, it's not a direct choice that they just need to be convinced to change it.

Genuine question, how hard would it be to just double ally points earned?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NasRegal wrote: »
    I'm a 5 year vet, currency is currency, it shouldnt really be about us.

In any other circumstance, I agree that it shouldn't really be about us vets. However, when they expressly stated that their intention was to remain neutral to old players while buffing the new player experience, they shouldn't fail at keeping the end game neutral. This is one of the few times where they have expressly stated something and failed at it, I feel justified picking it apart.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Yes.

Considering something like that has multiple sources, probably more manual work than some of the other suggestions.

The one I feel should have the least amount of effort involved would be half the bronzium cost. That should only be the most localized change.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Yes.

Considering something like that has multiple sources, probably more manual work than some of the other suggestions.

The one I feel should have the least amount of effort involved would be half the bronzium cost. That should only be the most localized change.

Counter point then, if they're opposed to touching the Bronzium packs at all until they can fix things, how hard would it be to just add like 2000 ally points to the "complete all daily objectives" reward? Something along those lines would be just as simple and let them leave Bronziums alone since they're apparently a technical nightmare :sweat_smile:
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Yes.

Ok let's do it. It's just hard to believe that this "technical issue" would be so hard to solve.
  • RebelLion wrote: »

Cool. I just spent 30k:

govj31yeg697.jpeg

You didn't stop spending soon enough. If I don't get a shard in 5 pulls, I stop spending.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    RebelLion wrote: »

Cool. I just spent 30k:

govj31yeg697.jpeg

You didn't stop spending soon enough. If I don't get a shard in 5 pulls, I stop spending.

Um....please say you're joking.
  • Actually not joking, sorry. I only ever spend when a shard drops on a free pull, then if another doesn't drop in 5 or 6 pulls I stop.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    That's now how drop rates work, but ok.
  • I realize that each pull is unique, not saying its scientific, but I do get runs where I spend 10-20k and end up with significant SSC.
  • I could care less if new players can farm stuff faster than I could when I started. I still have plenty to farm that this will help with. Gear will always be the biggest issue. They could double the gear drops and there would still be a crunch.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I realize that each pull is unique, not saying its scientific, but I do get runs where I spend 10-20k and end up with significant SSC.

So do I. Without applying any superstition though.

Yes.

The problem with this, is that you aren't guaranteed character shard drops, so doubling the amount of pulls doesn't actually double shard shop currency necessarily
  • Guild mate just spent 3,000,000 ally points and got 73,000 SSC for his trouble.

Some simple math says, for this example, 41 ally points = 1 SSC
    uet7egs2t9ld.jpg

Holy **** Batman! That is a lot of saved up ally points.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yes.

Ok let's do it. It's just hard to believe that this "technical issue" would be so hard to solve.

It's hard to believe that anyone without knowledge of the code can make that assessment, but just like the technical issue, here we are.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yes.

The problem with this, is that you aren't guaranteed character shard drops, so doubling the amount of pulls doesn't actually double shard shop currency necessarily

Its math, in the end, yes it does work out.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Yes.

This is the 2x0 = 0 argument and over a statistically relevant sample size it doesn't matter.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Yes.

It's hard to believe that anyone without knowledge of the code can make that assessment, but just like the technical issue, here we are.

Generally true, but if they can't change the cost of bronziums, how did they set the cost in the first place?

Yes.

Wasn’t the unity update supposed to fix problems like this though?
  • TVF wrote: »

I'm not superstitious about it, just rolling with the RNG, if I'm getting shards keep going, if not, stop spending.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

I'm not superstitious about it, just rolling with the RNG, if I'm getting shards keep going, if not, stop spending.

Lol that's 100% superstition.
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Gear will always be the biggest issue. They could double the gear drops and there would still be a crunch.

THIS. ^^^

Such a "Sad but true" statement.

The # of Eyeballs & Stunguns needed for my character list is just insane.

They could hand out fully crafted eyeball or stungun every week for free in addition to what I farm & it would still take till the middle of next year just to clear out the # of characters that want them right now for single gear slots.
    Let alone what they would find at the next level or 2.

Yes.

Well apparently the people with knowledge of the code can move around sources of ally points, change how many packs we get, and create a system that allows for random chance shard drops of over 30 characters mingling with hundreds of gear pieces, but they can't change one value from "1x" to "2x"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Yes.

Wasn’t the unity update supposed to fix problems like this though?

Like this? I dont see how.

It did nothing for older events or other older code, it was all about making things easier/better moving forward.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I think there's a real chance that some changes to bronzium and/or ally points are coming, hence why all those simple solutions can't be implemented. They did bring up other uses for ally points in the past (so far we got only the one slot in weekly shipments, iirc) and bronziums are basically a time capsule from long ago. If there are some wide-reaching changes to the economy planned, they could also involve that.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member

Yes.

store>storeItem[121]>offer[0]>price = 125
    or if you like:
    "offer": [{
                "paymentCurrency": 13,
                "price": 0,
                "inAppProductIdOld": 0,
                "costKey": "",
                "cooldownKey": "SOCIAL_PACK_COOLDOWN",
                "dailyPurchaseCapKey": "SOCIAL_PACK_DAILY_CAP",
                "inAppProductId": ""
            }, {
                "paymentCurrency": 4,