The Road Ahead - November [MEGA]

Replies

• So I’m guessing that this new Challenge Tier Rancor will only be beatable with the Galactic Legends 😣. I was expecting Moff Gideon to be a legendary event. I wonder if there will be a legendary “The Mandalorian” character. But I’m happy to see Moff Gideon coming to the game!

Even so I think that CG still not giving attention in some changes that could make the game better, such as reworks to various characters, graphic upgrades and new tiers in the Challenges and Omega Battles.
  • Moff gideon isnt obsessed with the child. he doesnt even care about the child. i think the 3 episodes of season 2 proves it. hes too busy rubbing his darksaber preparing another speech. to include that language in the road ahead shows how off things are.

we4r5nlvhiqr.png
    Moff Gideon would disagree
  • What happened to the "New Abilities" that were supposed to be implemented with R7?
  • baked_qft
    275 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Challenge teir rancor... is it a personal raid? Or is this going to be a guild raid that will lock the relic 8 stuff to the top 10?

May create big problems for some guilds

We will see
  • Sigh...another tier of relics for even more progression given the current chokehold of gear and relic material as it stands.

I’ll save you guys some time. The current gear progression is not good. It needs to be improved. Period. Until you make it better we don’t need more gear progression. That’s the last thing we need right now.

As for the rest of it, it looks promising and I’m intrigued by how things will look and what changes will be made, especially with the rancor. Looks good to me, aside from the “let’s wait and see” tactic for any gear economy changes. You’ve all had long enough to look at it. The progression stinks right now and if you are adding more relic levels, it shouldn’t be a burden to get to G12 anymore. The G12 and relics should be the new bottlenecks. Old ones like stun guns, cuffs, carbantis and gold eyeballs need to be fixed. Yesterday.
  • Most of this I’m fine with, I’m definitely looking forward to Moff Gideon, but my one issue is that I’m a tad concerned about relic level 8.
  • fiscal quarter time again?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • HenriqueAA wrote: »
    I wonder if there will be a legendary “The Mandalorian” character.

Honestly I half expect old man boba and bo katan as legendary toons.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    What happened to the "New Abilities" that were supposed to be implemented with R7?

They are called ultimates
  • Traya's Ultimate?
    bh8pov2pza68.png
  • What happened to the "New Abilities" that were supposed to be implemented with R7?

They werent suppose to be added at relic 7. They were an idea they had and can still happen at any point. It was only an indroduction
  • Here's my comment on relic-8:

1. I hate it -- not because it's bad if relic 8 exists, but because now CG is going to take that as reason to scale difficulty to a 5x relic8 squad. The effort to get folks to r7 is already ridiculous, and if you only needed one or two squads like that, then okay. But with LS Geo scaled as it is, I worry that your weekly GC is now going to be 5xr8 difficulty and that will simply be no fun at all, since we'll need 50 different r8 toons for all the different Challenges. Yuck.

2. Relic8 as raid reward: If I had the power to stop this, I would UNLESS the r8 materials are awarded equally to everyone who participates in the raid. The entire point of making the raid impossible to solo, indeed the entire point of raids, is that it is a cooperative endeavor where you work together and everyone adds their bit to help the guild succeed. The new Rancor is going to be, shall we say, MONSTROUS. It's going to require cooperation. Give out precisely equal rewards to everyone. Make it the first raid that truly treats defeating the boss as a Guild achievement.
  • I don't think equal raid rewards are going to ever be a thing. Most hero collector games I've played have raid rewards based on where you place. If there are any games out there that have equal rewards in raids, they are probably not made by a company as profit-driven as EA Games
  • I don't think equal raid rewards are going to ever be a thing.

LOL. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but "profit-driven EA Games" has been giving us equal raid rewards on Rancor for as long as it has been simmable. You might try rethinking your argument.

The other two raids can still have rewards based on your finish, and that would be no different from now: two raids with differing rewards based on damage & 1 raid with identical rewards throughout the guild.

Of course, the big problem for me would be different relic8 rewards. I could settle for identical r8 rewards & the rest of the rewards varying.
  • Can we get HAAT simable?

Seriously, its taking way too long.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited November 2020

5th anniversary (though perhaps list the prizes)

Dislikes:
    Changes to GC sound ok at first but end of event sounds bad. Perhaps more detail is needed here.

Relic 8???? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Not until you fix the economy for gear. R8 means it should be stupid easy to get from gear 1 to gear 12. Gear 13 should be the bottleneck.

So is challenge tier rancor something we have to chose over the instant payout of rancor raid? If so its very bad. Just like geo tb vs hoth tb.... bad plan. Hope we get to do both.

Not enough info on economy change... and lack of concern from cg on bronzium... so bad there
  • Relic 8 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Can we get HAAT simable?

Seriously, its taking way too long.

This.
    ShaggyB wrote: »

5th anniversary (though perhaps list the prizes)

Dislikes:
    Changes to GC sound ok at first but end of event sounds bad. Perhaps more detail is needed here.

Relic 8???? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    Not until you fix the economy for gear. R8 means it should be stupid easy to get from gear 1 to gear 12. Gear 13 should be the bottleneck.

So is challenge tier rancor something we have to chose over the instant payout of rancor raid? If so its very bad. Just like geo tb vs hoth tb.... bad plan. Hope we get to do both.

Not enough info on economy change... and lack of concern from cg on bronzium... so bad there

Also this
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    Most of this I’m fine with, I’m definitely looking forward to Moff Gideon, but my one issue is that I’m a tad concerned about relic level 8.

They have said that if they are going to add a new raid that they are going to add power to the characters. I am glad that it is only one more relic level.
  • i am positiv about that as long the r8 mats are raid only like the new slice mats gc only i like it .
    a rework raid is better than no raid :D
    sim haat would be realy nice if that goes live ^^
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    Most of this I’m fine with, I’m definitely looking forward to Moff Gideon, but my one issue is that I’m a tad concerned about relic level 8.

They have said that if they are going to add a new raid that they are going to add power to the characters. I am glad that it is only one more relic level.

Only one more relic level....for now
  • I don’t understand the End of Event part. Actually I like to play the GC battles and never auto them. Did they say you get more rewards if you only do the last tier and skip the others?
  • Will be great to play the rancor raid again. I actually consider this genuine content(not necessarily new content but something to actually do which is sooo badly needed). Great move.

R8 is kinda meh. I don’t find much difference between R5 and R7. An R5 beats an R7 any day if the week with a mirror character (probably more to do with real intelligence v machine intelligence).

Galactic challenge changes I’ll stay reserved about. It sounds exciting but does also give that “i have a bad feeling about this” vibe as someone already said. Could go either way.
  • Lack of equal rewards may also put additional strain on guilds that have already lost players who decided to merc for top 10 sith raid rewards.
  • Rage rage rage rage rage.... Shut aaaaarp.

Seriously though... This could be good :)
  • Oh great because ALL we need is another bottleneck when not even the first ones have been solved... :#:#

Well at least Moff Gideon is coming...
  • Another bottleneck designed to milk money. Nothing new to see here.

You didn't read, "There will be no new abilities with R8"?