QoL Update Ovedue

Prev1
OldBoy
33 posts Member
edited November 2020
When's the next one? That's what I'd love to know.. What would you all want/need for a decent QoL update?

Ship squads, man I hate manually setting those!

Officers able to remove a teams in TW

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No player will be able to remove another players team. They will never add that functionality.

Best we can hope for is a system that allows an officer to flag (or something) a team that the player who placed them can remove.
  • QoL updates are my favorite. Some things on my wishlist:

* Ship squads.
    * Being able to go directly to a hero when tapping and holding their mod in the filter->only assigned mods unchecked view.
    * When on the data cards store screen, if you tap a pack to see what's inside, don't put you back to the very beginning of the data card list when you tap the back arrow. This is annoying when there's like 30 packs and you're trying to look at what's inside them all. This is causing CG to lose profits.
    * Squads for ships.
    * Being able to re-order the tabs for character squads. I have 7 tabs and I want to make new ones, I want the new ones at the front but I don't want to have to delete the other tabs and lose all.my saved squads to make that happen.
    * Being able to make preset squads for ships.

But the devs don't read the forums I think so idk why I wasted 7 minutes of my life typing this out
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    QoL updates are my favorite. Some things on my wishlist:

* Ship squads.
    * Being able to go directly to a hero when tapping and holding their mod in the filter->only assigned mods unchecked view.
    * When on the data cards store screen, if you tap a pack to see what's inside, don't put you back to the very beginning of the data card list when you tap the back arrow. This is annoying when there's like 30 packs and you're trying to look at what's inside them all. This is causing CG to lose profits.
    * Squads for ships.
    * Being able to re-order the tabs for character squads. I have 7 tabs and I want to make new ones, I want the new ones at the front but I don't want to have to delete the other tabs and lose all.my saved squads to make that happen.
    * Being able to make preset squads for ships.

But the devs don't read the forums I think so idk why I wasted 7 minutes of my life typing this out

I feel like you really missed the mark by failing to mention ship squads as a QoL improvement. 😉
  • and here is my QOL wishlist, in the form of questions that I have asked the devs during every single Q&A..............

**QUALITY OF LIFE (QOL)**

1) Can the ingame chat let us know when a Raid's phase 4 is completed? It already says when the first three phases are complete. Why not phase 4?

2) On the character inventory page, a player may select a filter to show Rebels, Empire, First Order etc. That being said, more and more characters have multiple tags these days. While I can select Separatists OR Droids, I cannot select Separatists AND Droids. Do you think being able to select multiple tags would make for a good QOL update?

3) About double drops. I want to be clear, I am not complaining about them. Anytime you want to give away free stuff, I am all for it. That being said, would it be feasible to give a 100% drop rate instead of giving double drops? It does leave a semi bad taste in your mouth when you spend 100 crystals on a cantina refresh, for example and get zero drops of whatever you are farming. Two times zero still equals zero after all.

4) You recently removed the 4 dot mods from the mod store. Kudos!!! Can the 3 dot mods be removed from tier III of the mod challenges? They serve no purpose whatsoever.

5) Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim ALL battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in? Over a year ago, you said you were going to take a "holistic approach to time-saving" but since then, you have made these battles take even more time by adding additional tiers to the events. Can you please explain the contradiction?

6) At the moment, there are three prestigious quests that are tied to the ranking in the HAAT (Tank) Raid. The relevant part of the quest is listed below.

• Jedi Knight 4/4 - Earn rank 10 or higher 5 times in the HAAT Raid
    • Jedi Master 1/4 - Earn rank 3 or higher 3 times in the HAAT Raid
    • Jedi Master 4/4 - Earn rank 1 in the HAAT Raid

In the eventuality that the Tank Raid becomes simmable, will there be any special consideration for the players trying to do these quests or will each player have to ask their guild's leadership NOT to sim the tank raid at least 9 times? Perhaps simply ***designating*** everyone as 1st place and give everyone the same 5th, 10th, 15th or whatever rewards?

7) Over a year ago, you said that fleet "squads" were on your QOL wishlist. Ever since then, people have been asking for them during every Q&A. Now with 8 capital ships, the need is even greater. Will we ever be able to save our fleets just like we do with squads?
  • The one thing I want is not scrolling to the top of the mod inventory every other time I upgrade a mod. It's such a weird bug. At least they fixed the game crashing when I lock my mods.

Also, it would be nice if we could save squads and mod load outs together. I hate the current mod management.
  • In addition to pretty much all of the above:
    Mods:
    - New mod set filters for characters so you can see only those chars that have a equipped a certain set (eg only those chars with speed mods equipped). I often get a new good mod and need to search through my roster for a place to equip it
    - filter for mods < lvl15 or a "new mods" filter
    - ability to sell lvl15 mods without going to the Sell screen (where you have to re-find it all over)
    - favourites for mods (maybe replacing locked)
    - ability to sell mods directly from the rewards screen (Accuracy mod? No thanks...)
    - ability to easily update a saved mod loadout on a char to what's currently on them
    - ability to save the current loadouts of the entire roster, and then restore to that saved state later on.

Other:
    - More than 6 saved messages for TW. There's 10 territories but I can only save 6 defense assignment messages. Scrolling exists, please use it.
    - remove the 2nd set of saved messages for the 2nd TW. No idea why there's 2 sets of 6, one tied to the first TW in a week and the other to the second tw.
    - record of who attacked an enemy squad, possibly by tapping the "Attacks: 3" so we can figure out who's preloading tm. Unless someone catches them in the act while they're attacking there's no way to know.
    - make the cantina bubble button hit zones bigger than the buttons themselves so you can't accidentally tap between them. (And say enter the mod challenge table when you're trying to tap ships)
    - review period for TB.
    - remaining undeployed GP, split into chars and ships, per player, per TB phase.
    - per-platoon lock for impossible platoons

And finally, as it's deserving of its own paragraph, fleet loadouts. The lack of this is really a bug at this point.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • One QOL update I would love to have on top of the ones I have mentioned already is knowing if a player deployed his/her ships, troops or both.

i2wn5s4mzg5p.jpeg

Just by looking, did I deploy in ships or troops? What about Nick? Krizzkyll? Smoke71? I should not have to go to swgoh.gg and look up each player one by one, look up their overall gp and subtract their ship or troops gp just to answer the question.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Have you read the latest CG posts?
    Oldboy- great movie
  • So, all of us have been clamoring about an sandbox mode for years and still have yet to see anything besides these new challenges.

A simple solution does exist however. Each day, we have our galactic war. Most of us sim it to get rewards. Others play for fun or to test squads. There are already 12 squads there that we have fought or simmed against.

Why not make it where we can continually battle these squads for no rewards. They don’t have to worry about creating a screen where you select the toons you want to fight. They can literally just put the button back where you fought the squad.

We get to fight more squads without an energy crunch and they don’t have to completely create a new game mode or anything. We all win.
  • I can't believe nobody asked for a fleet squadron builder.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I can't believe nobody asked for a fleet squadron builder.

Me neither. I guess nobody wants one though. My personal pick would be a way to save fleet squadrons for stuff like GAC and stuff.
  • No QoL updates ever again. Too expensive
    -CGTopCash
  • Some sort of roster wide mod loadouts

Remodding for KAM..yikes...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Bulk upgrade for mods.
    After I farmed 250 mods, getting them all to level 12 so I can check their speeds and ditch 245 of them is really really (really!) tedious.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Tiggus wrote: »
    Bulk upgrade for mods.
    After I farmed 250 mods, getting them all to level 12 so I can check their speeds and ditch 245 of them is really really (really!) tedious.

Something like the opposite of a lock, like a "mark as junk" button would do the trick.
  • Imagine if one played this game and kept track of outdated tools or actions that take too much time or could lead to costly mistakes (e.g., any phase of a game mode that appears on a cadence and can't be replayed), and imagine if that person worked at Capital Games. If a Quality of Life Update addressed these three features below (and even just considered the other multiple great suggestions above) from a "CG employee who plays this game lens," I'd feel valued, and my life in this game, dare I say, might have quality improvement:

1. Fleet Management
    2. Mod Management
    3. Stop Autofilling ANYTHING

1. The game is bigger; the tool exists to manage squads; fleet features have been deprioritized (where do I view my fleet energy?), so let's make this right; it's time. I agree with the statement above that it feels like a bug at this point. Or a true focus on profits over care for any QoL update for players.
    2. I'm not asking for more mod spaces. I am that player where every extra mod ends up in my inbox (but seriously, who are replayable mythic events even targeting with the mod rewards that show up?), and that's on me. But I can't muster the energy to try to do any better (again, on me) when the system is so outdated and doesn't reflect how players use (speed, mostly, but not always), upgrade (why 15 levels at this time?), assign (loadouts for just one set? why not a restore-all save point, limit one use?), and search (just...I mean...just...sigh) for mods; play the game competitively, and you'll see what mods feel like. And in the name of all that's holy or profane, let me sell from any place I can view a mod, including my inbox.
    3. I'm not sure why this feature exists. If it's designed to save time, it's too general of a feature that autofills in the wrong places. It often orders by the highest GP at first (which ignores faction benefits in the name of power without benefit) and maintains the last squad you used on other game modes. Give me a check box to use the last squad on this exact game mode or get rid of autofill. My undersized squad feats will thank you every time after the first warning that I am using an undersized squad; stop sneaking in, Vader.

Finally, to the point above (which I now can't find) with the CG statement about reducing the amount of time playing trivial and repeatale game modes: please do not backtrack on this belief. Right now it feels like this philosophy has been discarded (Galactic Legend ticket collection and use, 10 bronzium free plays with a 10-minute timer); you'll still make profitable margins if you reduce the time spent on specific updates, I promise. If you have changed your philosophy to "more time in every mode increases profits," please let the players know.
  • @Kyno I just edited a post for typos, originally posted in the last 7 minutes, and it disappeared. Could you review and approve/disapprove, please? I also don't know how to direct message you. I am sorry.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    No QoL updates ever again. Too expensive
    -CGTopCash

It must be hard to keep coming up with new fresh ways to post this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    -CGTopCash

or is it.

I want the mods to stop jumping around after I improve one. if I'm in the blues I really don't need to....not be in the blues just bc I upgraded a blue.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    -CGTopCash

or is it.

I want the mods to stop jumping around after I improve one. if I'm in the blues I really don't need to....not be in the blues just bc I upgraded a blue.

I was told by a guildmate that if you want to level to 6, go to 5 then 6 and it will stick. I keep forgetting to try it though.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    -CGTopCash

or is it.

I was told by a guildmate that if you want to level to 6, go to 5 then 6 and it will stick. I keep forgetting to try it though.

That....actually might be incredibly helpful if it works, as dumb as it is that we should have to do that :D
  • With all of the recent changes in the game coming quickly, I was wondering if there would be any upcoming Quality of Life type changes soon? If so, will these items possibly be addressed?

1. Ability to preset fleets
    2. Ability to Auto the 8-Wave Assault Battles that we previously achieved full stars for
    3. Auto HAAT Raid

Thanks!
  • We also need a button to leave GAC during player lock in case you want to fix your mods.
  • Not as big of a deal as some other stuff, but maybe an in-battle indicator of relic level. The difference between r1 and r7 is so significant that just seeing the g13 glowy circle thing doesn't actually help in the battle screen. We're forced to memorize who has what relic level if we're going into a close battle. Again, not hugely detrimental, but it would be nice to have some indicator of relics in battle.
  • TVF wrote: »
    -CGTopCash

It’s actually insanely easy considering how there have been zero QoL updates since Carrie left
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    -CGTopCash

It’s actually insanely easy considering how there have been zero QoL updates since Carrie left

Thanks for explaining that to me, I didn't understand before but I do now.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    We also need a button to leave GAC during player lock in case you want to fix your mods.

or at the very least a "confirm / lock in" button....
    olqn9rw9nwpt.png
  • Not as big of a deal as some other stuff, but maybe an in-battle indicator of relic level. The difference between r1 and r7 is so significant that just seeing the g13 glowy circle thing doesn't actually help in the battle screen. We're forced to memorize who has what relic level if we're going into a close battle. Again, not hugely detrimental, but it would be nice to have some indicator of relics in battle.

If you hold the character down, you can see the relic level and amount of zetas as well as status effects
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It would be nice if something came from that thread asking guild officers about TW, but at this point, I think that whole thing was one big joke. The folks at CG are probably having a good laugh at anyone still taking it seriously.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    It would be nice if something came from that thread asking guild officers about TW, but at this point, I think that whole thing was one big joke. The folks at CG are probably having a good laugh at anyone still taking it seriously.
    Again, the thread was not specifically about TW....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/222459/what-kinds-of-data-do-guild-officers-want/p1