36526 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »
    Well you misinterpret my words also, but we agree to disagree

Which words did I misinterpret?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Being honest, the hardest thing for me to justify with this mode is the resources needed, time spent, and rewards for the amount of energy put in.

I'll concede it is end game content and therefore should be difficult; however, I do believe that it should have a more consistent difficulty that can scale with relics and mods applied to the scenarios.

Mods absolutely matter, Relic levels matter, but only to a definite point. They say they have scaled the difficulty to R4. I disagree for many reasons, most of which being that if at the base of that claim excluding all other things it is absolutely impossible to have an entire guild of 50 people with all r4 Characters go 4/4 in all waves deployments and platoons even reach a perfect 36 stars. This is factual, the math does not work here, you need to have much much more GP that is not obtainable at r4 let alone full r7 bloated rosters in current game state.

That aside, the other problem is the time taken. So all things equal let's say I move mods to compete in this mode (keeping aside that mod management and moving for every event is tiring and time consuming). I am then subjected to RNG which I am sorry but I do not think we give enough credit to. So to make a better comparison I am going to use a fleet battle as an example. In phase 4 of fleets I have r7 (pilots) with 6E mods, 7* every Rebel and and every Galactic Republic Character. I am 1/way too many attempts on the fleet Special mission (sadly the CM seems to be easier and with rebels). I can't increase anywhere beyond what is there I have tried ETA, Rex, Fives and ETA, BTL, Rex, and Ahoska, ETA, BTL.. etc. Literally the only time I won and completed the mission was when I dodged buzz droids. This is a 2% Dodge, the rng is insane and I have tried to read and manipulate the battle I am not sure there is much else I could have done.

Now add in the frustration that this is four 36 hour phases, once a month. Maybe it's just me but if I prepare and move mods and Actually try only to have RNG swing the wrong way and I can not to the best of my ability with maxed out everything and fine tuned stats consistently perform similarly month after month... see where I am going? It's just a lot of prep to be let down, and extremely frustrating.

I don't want to walk through this on auto, that's not fun either. but the top 10 Sith rewards give better fully crafted gear that this mode does not even give you when you complete at the highest star count. (granted you get finishers and laughable relic materials..) An entire week is devoted to mod moving and planning and I get arguably higher return on 2 or sometimes more Sith Raids. If I get a fully crafted furnace and some scraps, once or even twice I have effectively invested much less (SLKR can solo so I would say resources input for one character vs entire factions at r4+) I have a better return on that investment from on old stale content.
  • 17mra5bcjhcu.png
    byqj5byazshc.png

Day 4, here you go all R7, 6E mods, Fives just sacrificed, wave 4 of 4. pretty decent hit right? Aimed at soldier to make sure the TM breaks when they come out of daze, has armor shred, and I hit hit for 419,262 and after they barely had a scratch... Yeah that seems reasonable.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I don’t believe CG at any point said the difficulty of LSTB is scaled to r4
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don’t believe CG at any point said the difficulty of LSTB is scaled to r4

I might be wrong it might have been phase 1 (likened it to phase 4 in DSTB). I'd appreciate anyone who can prove me wrong. In this case I want to be lol. but then I don't want to know what Phase 4 should be :( .
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I still dont get the hate for this game mode. They came out with endgame content and people expected to just roll through it right at the start. Now with JKL, MM and 3P0/Chewie they are adding new characters to use in it the game mode will get “easier” with time.

Why would they create content everyone can finish at the start? In a few months? Then people would be on here crying for something new again.

Hate how so many people want new content and then be able to go through it all so quickly. Quite humorous seeing 1-3 year players always expecting to do everything the day it drops.

The point is, this was brought out a year ago. Are there any guilds even close to doing max stars on LS Geo TB yet? No. It isnt' because our mods are garbage. It's because mathematically it is impossible to get max stars based on current GP levels. (If I recall correctly, each player has to have like 12 million GP to get max stars?) They told us a year ago this was meant for guilds to start hitting the max on this in 6-12 months. No single player is at 12 million GP, let alone an entire guild of them. At that rate, we won't be hitting max stars for another year or two.
    Ok, I’ve seen the “1 year” claim too many times to let it slide now. The first LSTB was in December 2019. It was bugged to hell, cancelled, then relaunched a couple of weeks later. Petty, I know, but it was not brought out a year ago. The current one is the 10th running.

The other very odd “point” your making is that your hatred for the event is that - at present - no guild can max the LSTB.

So what? And, when a guild finally did have enough GP to theoretically be able to max LSTB, will it be your guild? I’m guessing it won’t be. Would you suddenly like the game mode just because you know a guild that you’re not in could theoretically max the event?

It’s a hard game mode. And there is some RNG that can make or break a run (eg Padme facing a double B2 lineup with a magnaguard; Rey facing double Geo Spy). But it’s not all RNG. I track our wave completions every time, and it’s always the same names in the top 10 - and it does not correlate to who has the most relic LS toons.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I finished at 49 waves, I missed P1 of ships, and there were two GR missions I did not have enough eligible toons for. Two in our guild got 55, multiple more got 51, and someone in our alliance got 60.

It is possible to git gud if you try to do so.
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    So what about the fact it is 6 days of effort, that requires an investment in multiple characters and multiple factions of relic 4 or higher, and gives you less value in that time than 3 sith raids?

Here was a 28 star payout:
    spy73qq7sx7k.jpg

And in that same timeframe:
    Here are three sith raids, and I didn't even remember to include all photos but the value is pretty easy to see, one SLKR who needs Full Relic FO a few weeks of ticket farming and you are good to solo. Much less investment much higher return (exclusion is the GET II)

rdxie8dhexwq.jpg
  • @Ultra you're correct I don't think I've see anywhere it is specifically called out for Relic 4 so not sure where I am recalling it from but the Q&A from November and December ask and they have been very vague in providing information on it, simply that it is difficult and intended to be that way.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    So what about the fact it is 6 days of effort[/img]

It's not. It's 4 days of effort.

With that said, I agree that the rewards need a little bit of a bump. Guilds should at least get a comparable amount to DS Geo, if not more.
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    TVF wrote: »
    Fhoenix wrote: »
    So what about the fact it is 6 days of effort[/img]

It's not. It's 4 days of effort.

With that said, I agree that the rewards need a little bit of a bump. Guilds should at least get a comparable amount to DS Geo, if not more.

Well yes, technically its 4 phases, but they are 36 hours phases which is the equivalent to 6 days and my ability typically to overlap a weekly refresh on HSR. ( accounting for 3 Sith raids in the same amount of time.) I chose my words a little poorly there I should have been more clear it is 4 phases of effort over 6 days.
  • Using Negotiator which is the best starting squad and reinforcement? I put in umbaran and ywing but made it 3 turns before getting wiped all R7 and 6dot mods .. rng fest? This is ridiculous
  • Anarkid wrote: »
    Using Negotiator which is the best starting squad and reinforcement? I put in umbaran and ywing but made it 3 turns before getting wiped all R7 and 6dot mods .. rng fest? This is ridiculous

Usually (75-80% of the time) it Works with anakin, 5s, and rex. Use sgt, plo, consular for reenforcements.
  • Anarkid wrote: »
    Using Negotiator which is the best starting squad and reinforcement? I put in umbaran and ywing but made it 3 turns before getting wiped all R7 and 6dot mods .. rng fest? This is ridiculous

Usually (75-80% of the time) it Works with anakin, 5s, and rex. Use sgt, plo, consular for reenforcements.

I have not lost a combat mission for 3 straight TBs with that lineup.

The phase 3 special remains an RNG horror show for me.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    This is back again, it's almost like we've been saying LS Geo TB is too **** hard for about a year now, all the while you told us "in a year it'll be end game and players will be maxing it out." Yeah, okay.

Roll back some of the ridiculous power and damage levels (oh and the 50 bonus attacks each wave has every freakin' turn) until you have actually made it mathematically possible to "max out".

Just because you might be planning for 3-5 years down the road doesn't mean you should be implementing "content" meant for where players will be in 3-5 years.

By the way, you give us TWO "Jedi" missions to do each phase, but most Jedi you've ignored for pretty much the whole time we've been playing. Even relic'd up, Jedi get slaughtered in at least one mission. So how about you do something about the garbage Jedi characters we have and buff them up where they should be as "Jedi"?
    Post edited by Whatelse73 on
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    you should stick to the fatal/the playbook videos to get an idea which lineups gets you through all the phases
    stuff like
    padme gk ahsoka jka echo for the special
    rjt bb8 c3po r2 hero finn
    jkr bastila jolee gmyoda gas
    jkl shaak ti hyoda zarris old ben
    rey han chewie hero poe fives/og finn/vandor chewie
    is 12/12 + special in p1

its a pretty save lineup for p1 for example depending on your platoon assignments of course
    remodding is required for pretty much any team though

i guess backpackchewie is a fine team aswell but that wasnt available until i quit ;)
    so even with platooning some key characters, 60+waves is possible for mostly everyone who is not afraid of remodding and isnt playing the tb for the first time AND has jkl ;)
    some team comps obv may vary for different players and available characters but noone in a ls geo tb guild should manage to get a 0/4 or 1/4 in a normal combat mission (thats just simple and plain ignoring mods or not understanding whats actually going on in the fights)

not including bugs that deny you waves like in the current tb obv

• Hmmm, yup Lightside GeoTB is still an absolutely overtuned piece of garbage. Full R7 teams with good mods getting torn apart in opening salvos is absolutely amazing!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Hmmm, yup Lightside GeoTB is still an absolutely overtuned piece of garbage. Full R7 teams with good mods getting torn apart in opening salvos is absolutely amazing!

absolutely true, tho some white knights will write just wait till 4 new GLs come out then you can max wave few times, also don't forget you need the new mods as well! devs meant this way

I got 16/17 waves and only missed 17 because i forgot to bring a dispel on my JML team.

I love LSTB, it's one of the few remaining pieces of difficult content that is still doable - provided you know what you are doing.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    yeah sure, as always TVF

I'm sorry that as always you are struggling. I wish you good fortune in farming better mods, building better teams, and learning better strats.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    thing is, you always defend this rng **** what light geo tb is. I have R7 light teams and perform well when rng doesn't **** me over. you can preach all about mods and strategy but it isn't about that. keep dreaming
    Curious how people regularly get max. CM waves in P1-P3 then. Must be great RNG for the select same few all the time. Clearly nothing to do with mods/gameplay.

"R7 lightside teams" is meaningless. R7 Jawas with CD sets fits under that description and it's not the right team, nor the right modding to push you any further.

On a side note, I just checked your .gg and if you even struggle with Rey, r7 Padme and GAS-Clones, it's not RNG's fault, it's on you.
  • I can read all the poorly crafted excuses and it will not change the fact that maxing P1-P3 CMs are completely within reach with current teams.

Have you considered the likely possibility that you got lucky today and your team is not optimally set up, before blaming your 1/4 from yesterday on bad RNG?
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I can read all the poorly crafted excuses and it will not change the fact that maxing P1-P3 CMs are completely within reach with current teams.

Have you considered the likely possibility that you got lucky today and your team is not optimally set up, before blaming your 1/4 from yesterday on bad RNG?

I will say I agree that a lot of people complaining are just playing it wrong, especially when they post pics and vids to "prove their point" and we can all immediately point out something they did wrong. BUT, to ignore that RNG is a factor is stupid. There is literally randomness to team comp and thus stats when you go into these CM's.

With all r7's and good mods, obviously you shouldn't lose purely because of RNG, but it *can* play a part, and I think that's what some people ignore too often.

For example, the people regularly getting 3/4 or 4/4 on P1-P3 probably rarely see the exact same team comps against them, nor are they likely to finish with the same health and protection, even if they hit the exact same moves every time and never adjust mods. That is literally the definition of RNG, it's just rarely game-ending like some claim.

So yes, @Adamklark , your failure is at least partly on you. Either you played it wrong or have bad mods/team comp. I'm sorry, but it's true.

But also @RandomSithLord , RNG exists as much as you try to deny it. It *shouldn't* be the reason you lose, but it can be a *factor* . And saying "maybe you got lucky yesterday, stop blaming today on bad RNG" is acknowledging that good RNG exists that made them lucky, so why couldn't bad RNG have an effect?