The Road Ahead - November [MEGA]

Replies

  • KKatarn wrote: »
    Another bottleneck designed to milk money. Nothing new to see here.
    Sometimes I wonder why some people still keep playing and even visiting the forums for that matter if this is what they see with every announcement ever made.
  • Why does CG hate creating anything new?
    We want a new raid doesnt translate into can we get a harder,re-worked existing raid.
    Oh and yet another relic level. Yay. Just what we wanted, more gear/mats to grind.
    Theres very little in this announcement to be excited about, unless you have faith in their "at a later time" statements (which I have a hard time believing anyone buys anymore).
  • WiseJedi
    171 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    First of all I really liked the Road Ahead. Was a long time since I read the RA with joy. Most of the named subjects are great:
    Challenge Tier Raid: Similar to a new raid but I'm looking forward to battle this new Rancor with better loot and new guild challenge. Maybe the HAAT will gain the same benefits if the feedback will be positive. Who knows. But HAAT could be simable due to autoplay.
    Around GC in general. This sounds great. The first step is done. Now there's the second step with additional content, better loot and nice ideas like the end-content prize box.

    Something I'm afraid. Yes I do understand that relict 7 wouldn't be the last step but please don't exaggerate with the preq. for this stage due to limited ressources. And you lost your "finished a toon" status and must finalize it again for relict 8
    Otherwise the balance could suffer under such conditions like the GAC and squad arena.
    Biggest concern. Please devs could you learn from the Sith Raid. Better loot shouldn't be limited to for example rank 5 or 10. There could be something like a soft step. The Sith Raid shows that there's a huge difference between the ranks and their loot boxes.

    And what should I say about Mando Content? You're welcome ;)

    In general I'm really happy and looking forward to see the new updates.
    Post edited by WiseJedi on
  • How long-lost can the Darksaber be if Sabine's got a Darksaber attack and Rebels takes place maybe 10 or so years before Mandalorian?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • drk
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Would really love to see HAAT simmable. I hope relic 8 is as incremental as the other levels and not a huge jump. So rough getting toons to 7 as it is. Love the rest of the changes though.

  • Haruk wrote: »
    OldBoy wrote: »
    It had me disappointed at relic 8 and yet another currency

    I'm not sure it's another actual currency to spend it in a shop. I think it has to do with getting the chests at the end of the Galactic Challenges.

    But, they didn't really expand on it much, so we'll just have to wait and see.

    I think it needs to be a currency to fit the existing apparatus. The description makes it sound a little like Grand Arena, where everything you do earns you points, those points are totalled up, then when you hit certain threshholds you move into a new tier. That seems to be the intent here--completing feats and tiers of the challenge event generate points, the more points you get the better your prize box will be at the end.

    But points, as in GAC, can't really be implemented 1:1 in GC, not without scrapping the autocomplete QoL upgrade. So instead of giving points they give a new currency and then affix that currency to each feat (and convert first time rewards into a separate feat) so that when you finish T7 you get all that currency automatically awarded.

    The part I'm not clear on is what happens when the event ends. Does that currency automatically turn into a reward box and then 0 out? Or do they just set up another store and we buy our rewards a la carte? Their description sounds like the former, and I personally prefer that, so fingers crossed.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • WiseJedi
    171 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Ship content need something big. Galatic Challenges for ships would be nice too, A small Raid with ships or one phase just with ships. And of course we need ship squad management due to combination/fleet setups. And we got a few places like arena, TB or GAC
  • Traya's Ultimate?
    bh8pov2pza68.png

    They explained that once in the past. Traya has a weird mechanic that was easiest to implement by giving her a hidden ability. I can't remember what the mechanic is now... I won't throw a half-remembered guess out because odds are people don't believe me when I say this anyway, lol! But there's a real mundane explanation out there if you search for it.

    Too bad the forum search engine is Very Bad.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • What about ships?
  • If Moff Gideon is coming, maybe give him a ship too?
  • NicWester wrote: »

    Too bad the forum search engine is Very Bad.

    Quite true, almost as if CG designed it.
    Officer in Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya, Wat & Negotiator on farm. PM to join us.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Lack of equal rewards may also put additional strain on guilds that have already lost players who decided to merc for top 10 sith raid rewards.

    I've recruited a bit, and it stinks. We always seem to lose one or two when new stuff crops up. Show guilds some love please CG, don't pit us against each other for raid rewards.
    Officer in Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya, Wat & Negotiator on farm. PM to join us.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I changed my mind. I don't want more "Road Ahead" posts. If all it's going to be is "Here is what we're doing to increase the grind and avoid releasing any truly new content....and here's how we rationalize it".

    I am honestly beginning to wonder if any of the development actually play this game anymore.

    No change to HSith rewards, HAAT still not simmable, no change in GC frequency, no mention of TW under-sized guild matchmaking and no new raid (sorry, bumping a few stats on an existing raid and hitting it with a coat of paint doesn't count).

    TL;DR RA - "We're bumping the stats on Rancor, and presenting it as "new". We're making more stuff simmable - but not the stuff players actually want simmable - but we'll call "autocomplete" - see? New!! Oh and R8 - see you on the hologrinders!"

    Agree
  • Pengwin479
    7 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Personally I'm hoping for a new mechanic unique to astromech droids in the rancor challenge raid.

    "Slice Door Panel" - Instantly defeat door panel - cooldown 15

    I guess technically all droids could do this as we see K2SO also do this in Rogue One. But little droids slicing computer systems/doors is a hallmark of Star Wars
  • Kyno
    31501 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »

    Too bad the forum search engine is Very Bad.

    Quite true, almost as if CG designed it.

    They didnt.
  • I just have my fingers crossed that r8 has two things:

    1. An eventual update to material availability so we don't all have to merc and/or permanently move guilds just to r8 one character a month.

    2. A reasonable stat bump and not a game-ending change for anyone who can't get the mats. If r8 doubles r7 stats and makes any match against an r8 team unwinnable, I may honestly leave the game.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

    Too bad the forum search engine is Very Bad.

    Quite true, almost as if CG designed it.

    They didnt.

    I was going to reply to that, too, but the thing is DaarthBrewer said "ALMOST" as if CG designed it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    12805 posts Member
    I don’t understand the End of Event part. Actually I like to play the GC battles and never auto them. Did they say you get more rewards if you only do the last tier and skip the others?

    From what I got is you get the same rewards no matter which order.
    I like the auto complete, works for both types of players
    If you want to manually play each mode, start at 1 and work you way up.
    If not start at highest tier.
  • icanectc wrote: »
    Your guys need to slow down and figure this out because these gear / relic increases are happening way to fast. Yes i understand you want that $$$ but it's starting to get just plan silly. You have introduced zero content to even go the current relic levels except for light side tb which is just ridiculous. Besides that what's with this ever increasing relic push in quick succession.

    Yeah lack of any new real content is sad.

    No new raids, no new campaign missions, no new mutiplayer activities, still don't have exciting camera effects for battles like other newer fames out there, etc
  • NicWester wrote: »
    How long-lost can the Darksaber be if Sabine's got a Darksaber attack and Rebels takes place maybe 10 or so years before Mandalorian?

    12 to 13 years

    Sabine gives it to Bo-Katan 1 year before 'A New Hope'.

    And depending on if the timeline gives a full year to the Battle of Yavin (it appears to).... Mando finds The Child 11 years later.

    Put it to you this way....

    If the item you need to unite all the clans under you as king/queen, went missing for a little over a decade.... would you call it long lost or just lost?
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    How long-lost can the Darksaber be if Sabine's got a Darksaber attack and Rebels takes place maybe 10 or so years before Mandalorian?

    12 to 13 years

    Sabine gives it to Bo-Katan 1 year before 'A New Hope'.

    And depending on if the timeline gives a full year to the Battle of Yavin (it appears to).... Mando finds The Child 11 years later.

    Put it to you this way....

    If the item you need to unite all the clans under you as king/queen, went missing for a little over a decade.... would you call it long lost or just lost?

    Misplaced 😝

    But, jokes aside, Wookiweepedia has been a godsend for learning way too much information. Your timeline is right, but Bo-Katan didn't lose it the day Sabine gave it to her, and Gideon didn't find it the day he This Old TIE Fightered himself a new door, so presumably we're only talking about a few years instead of over a decade.

    One thing we also don't know is if anyone knows he's got the thing. If it's widely known Gideon has the blade, then it's a bit like the Elgin Marbles, except more lethal.

    One of these days I'll watch Clone Wars and Rebels. I'm sure they're good as hell!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Clone wars & rebels are the best Star Wars content created so far. When I first started watching them I wasn’t too fond of the animation style but it grew on me. But the story arcs and character development ... soooo good compared to all live action movies.
  • Will anything be done for the pilotless ships to allow them to remain competitive with ships with r8 pilots?
  • NicWester wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    How long-lost can the Darksaber be if Sabine's got a Darksaber attack and Rebels takes place maybe 10 or so years before Mandalorian?

    12 to 13 years

    Sabine gives it to Bo-Katan 1 year before 'A New Hope'.

    And depending on if the timeline gives a full year to the Battle of Yavin (it appears to).... Mando finds The Child 11 years later.

    Put it to you this way....

    If the item you need to unite all the clans under you as king/queen, went missing for a little over a decade.... would you call it long lost or just lost?

    Misplaced 😝

    But, jokes aside, Wookiweepedia has been a godsend for learning way too much information. Your timeline is right, but Bo-Katan didn't lose it the day Sabine gave it to her, and Gideon didn't find it the day he This Old TIE Fightered himself a new door, so presumably we're only talking about a few years instead of over a decade.

    One thing we also don't know is if anyone knows he's got the thing. If it's widely known Gideon has the blade, then it's a bit like the Elgin Marbles, except more lethal.

    One of these days I'll watch Clone Wars and Rebels. I'm sure they're good as hell!

    Doubt it, though the timeline is not locked exactly down as it pretains to mandalore.

    Basically Bo-Katan gets the Darksaber by overthrowing Gar Saxon, as seen in Rebels... the Empire responds by whiping out Mandalore, konown as The Great Purge, which occurs in the Imperial Era, which is before 'A New Hope' (Which ends that Era).

    The Imperial Era is the time from when Palp declares himself emperor and the Jedi Purge starts, until 0 ABY (After Battle of Yavin). That signals the start of The Rebellion Era. (Basically the original movie events is the mark of Era change)

    We dont know the exact time, but we do know that the Empire wipes out mandalore during The Great Purge, which is in the Imperial Era and we know that a year before The Battle of Yavin, Sabine gives up the Darksaber.

    So unless you are making the case that Mof Giddion gets the Darksaber from Bo-Katan after the purge, its more likely she only has it for a very short time.
Sign In or Register to comment.