Is the challenge tier rancor an assault battle or raid?

To me it sounded like the rancor challenge tier is an individual assault battle. Is that true or is it an extra tier to the current rancor raid for the whole guild?

Replies

• Raid
  • No one knows yet
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    No one knows yet

It literally says Challenge Tier RAID
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Current rancor with new graphics and boosted stats kind of like new assault battle tiers, 900 speed 1000% tenacity.
  • Not that most people care but.....I am curious to know if the new Rancor raid will work with the existing Rancor quests.

Situational Awareness - Destroy the Rancor's door panel 10 times
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    scuba wrote: »
    Current rancor with new graphics and boosted stats kind of like new assault battle tiers, 900 speed 1000% tenacity.

And it will be immune to tenacity down so good luck with CLS/Han turn meter control xD
    Post edited by khelzac on
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    khelzac wrote: »

And it will be immune to tenacity down so good look with CLS/Han turn meter control xD

Yes I forgot that part thanks!
  • khelzac wrote: »

And it will be immune to tenacity down so good luck with CLS/Han turn meter control xD

Probably immune to turn meter reduction and siphon
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Probably the rancor will be programmed to eat the GL first
    So good bye SLKR
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Not that most people care but.....I am curious to know if the new Rancor raid will work with the existing Rancor quests.

Situational Awareness - Destroy the Rancor's door panel 10 times

If cg doesn't do an oversight, it should. While without precedent, this is still a normal raid with a much harder tier.
  • Raid. They mentioned assault battles because they added challenge tiers to those, the success of which led them to add challenge tiers to this.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Raid. They mentioned assault battles because they added challenge tiers to those, the success of which led them to add challenge tiers to this.

Yeah, didn't really need to mention assualt battles because there has always been difficulty tiers for the raids. Basically they are just adding more tiers of difficulty or redesigning the difficulty of the current tiers. I am sure I over simplified it.

No new raid in almost 2 years and we finally get something raid related and its just a difficulty bump. Its better than nothing, I guess.
  • Monel wrote: »
    Raid. They mentioned assault battles because they added challenge tiers to those, the success of which led them to add challenge tiers to this.

Yeah, didn't really need to mention assualt battles because there has always been difficulty tiers for the raids. Basically they are just adding more tiers of difficulty or redesigning the difficulty of the current tiers. I am sure I over simplified it.

No new raid in almost 2 years and we finally get something raid related and its just a difficulty bump. Its better than nothing, I guess.

Not necessarily. The mythic and challenge tiers of assault battles have different mechanics and lineups from the regular versions. Not super duper new, but a more challenging twist. They could do the same for raids--although, admittedly, probably not for the Rancor since you're fighting one big blobby monster in that one and there's only so much you can do. Any changes or twists would probably be in AAT, since each phase in that one has a whole bunch of moving parts that can be jiggered.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I’m just glad they flat out are saying that slkr won’t ruin this raid. If the raid bosses take reduced massive damage they sure as hell should also reduce the effectiveness of siphon, im pretty sure that’s all they had to do to avoid such a huge gap in raid effectiveness
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »

Not necessarily. The mythic and challenge tiers of assault battles have different mechanics and lineups from the regular versions. Not super duper new, but a more challenging twist. They could do the same for raids--although, admittedly, probably not for the Rancor since you're fighting one big blobby monster in that one and there's only so much you can do. Any changes or twists would probably be in AAT, since each phase in that one has a whole bunch of moving parts that can be jiggered.

Agreed, don't think they will simply do a plain damage increase, they said it will change the Boss mechanic, I bet we will see a different version of the Rancor Raid
  • They don’t have to make it immune to TM reduction or tenacity down. All they have to do is what they did in the assault battles. Give the rancor 8 preloaded turns at the beginning of each phase.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    They don’t have to make it immune to TM reduction or tenacity down. All they have to do is what they did in the assault battles. Give the rancor 8 preloaded turns at the beginning of each phase.

And the first one is always devouring a GL if you bring one :D
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    They don’t have to make it immune to TM reduction or tenacity down. All they have to do is what they did in the assault battles. Give the rancor 8 preloaded turns at the beginning of each phase.

And the first one is always devouring a GL if you bring one :D

This is actually pretty clever imo. You basically fight with a 4 characters team, which is a challenge, but that's the tier's name.
  • The "assault battle" was mentioned as inspiration. All discussion implied harder raid.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    khelzac wrote: »

Probably immune to turn meter reduction and siphon

Raid Bosses and GL are immune to mastery reduction by SLKR Siphon mastery

Also SLKR siphon actually uses his mastery for boosting mastery, not the targets.