Shard Economy Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• i dont see why it is necessary to change shard shop conversion rate, since when you farm characters on hard node with double drops, you wont get more shards in total because your farming time will be halved. so no point of any other change because of double drop. by doubling shard shop exchange rate you are solving nothing, just creating more dissatisfaction and problems. CG should do once right by everyone and just add those double drops without any other change. that will help with farming of old characters and wont hurt anyone in any way.
  • If CG really wants to attract and retain more new players, they should put an end to all gambling aspects of this game..
    Just make the drops predictable and reliable, maybe even with a counter..
    For example, if it takes 4 battles to get a stun gun piece, then just make that clear, and put a counter on it...
    I never understood this whole chance-drop-rate thing!
    Nobody enjoys it!
  • The game has roughly 1 million different kinds of currencies, energies, tix etc. Would it be possible to look into that at the same time?

It seems especially redundant to have so many different old currencies: Squad Arena tokens, Galactic War Tokens, Cantina Battle Tokens. Could they be joined together in 1 type of token? Yes, it would lead to greater flexibility, especially in the early parts of the game, but that is clearly something CG is working towards with the improved droprates anyway.
  • If CG really wants to attract and retain more new players, they should put an end to all gambling aspects of this game..

I never understood this whole chance-drop-rate thing!
    Nobody enjoys it!

Profit
  • TVF wrote: »
    Lol that's 100% superstition.

Ok, thinking about this a couple of days now.. You may be right, I was opening bronziums this morning and found that I was chanting to myself: Lobot, Lobot, Lobot. 88/100, he's my last bronzium farm.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Poseidonn
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I cannot believe people are falling for this move and believe it to be in favor of the player base.

1. "Shards play a foundational role in Galaxy of Heroes and have a cascading impact into subsequent economies." - yes, cascading impact into CG's earnings. The more characters you get to 7 stars, the more gear you will need, which translates into more chances for you reaching for the wallet. Character shards are not the bottleneck in this game, gear is. And this change will only increase the need for gear while decreasing the gear inflow.
    2. Technical difficulty, really? To do what? To double some rewards in bronzium packs? Who buys that? Here's an idea. Put 160 shards for old Daka instead of 80 in the pack. There, I solved it for you. Come on CG, stop selling this as a move for the players. This move is coming straight from your profitability models, and will benefit only your bottom line.

• I wouldn't hold my breath for any changes soon, or even anything addressing it. They very clearly said they'll look into it for a future RA or SotG, which means unless they get the schedule back on track, we'll have at least four months of the Bronzium nerf existing, not to mention how long after the RA/SotG it takes to fix.

And even if they do get it back on track, considering we don't know how long it'll take them to fix, it'll take at least until mid-December to address since they're supposed to talk to us monthly, and potentially a lot longer to actually get the fix done. Since regularly talking to us has never sped up the process, just kept us informed.
  • Poseidonn wrote: »
    I cannot believe people are falling for this move and believe it to be in favor of the player base.

1. "Shards play a foundational role in Galaxy of Heroes and have a cascading impact into subsequent economies." - yes, cascading impact into CG's earnings. The more characters you get to 7 stars, the more gear you will need, which translates into more chances for you reaching for the wallet. Character shards are not the bottleneck in this game, gear is. And this change will only increase the need for gear while decreasing the gear inflow.
    2. Technical difficulty, really? To do what? To double some rewards in bronzium packs? Who buys that? Here's an idea. Put 160 shards for old Daka instead of 80 in the pack. There, I solved it for you. Come on CG, stop selling this as a move for the players. This move is coming straight from your profitability models, and will benefit only your bottom line.

100% this. For all points mentioned here.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Poseidonn wrote: »

I mentioned something similar before. This is a move to destroy the shard store and force people to waste even more money in overpriced packs.

And only a fool believes on that "technical difficulty excuse". They know bronzium currency is the main source of shards and are moving to stop this.
  • I thought exactly same. Increasing shard drops will make them even more money. This is not move for players at all. And at the same time they “fixed” shard shop currency for their benefit too. For long term players this was quite significant source of gear which is now almost halved. And i would not be surprised at all if these technical difficulties wont get overcome at all and it stays nerfed like this indefinitely.
  • Guys, I am farming FOSTFP shards from guild store. I understand I should continue farming that since there is no change in drop rate for ships. Is this correct and does this hold good for my rebel y wing farm from ship nodes? @Kyno
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SithAmer wrote: »
    Guys, I am farming FOSTFP shards from guild store. I understand I should continue farming that since there is no change in drop rate for ships. Is this correct and does this hold good for my rebel y wing farm from ship nodes? Kyno

@SithAmer ships are not being doubled

However both FO pilots are listed as accelerated, which means they will have their shards doubled (I'm not sure which pilot you are saying there)
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Guys, I am farming FOSTFP shards from guild store. I understand I should continue farming that since there is no change in drop rate for ships. Is this correct and does this hold good for my rebel y wing farm from ship nodes? Kyno

@SithAmer ships are not being doubled

However both FO pilots are listed as accelerated, which means they will have their shards doubled (I'm not sure which pilot you are saying there)

Thanks, Kyno. I was talking about FOSTFP ship and Y Wing ship. Guess both ships will remain the same.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

SithAmer ships are not being doubled

Thanks, Kyno. I was talking about FOSTFP ship and Y Wing ship. Guess both ships will remain the same.

Got it, yes both ship farms will not be impacted by this change
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Poseidonn wrote: »

I mentioned something similar before. This is a move to destroy the shard store and force people to waste even more money in overpriced packs.

lol no
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    are we going to get any warning before the change? @Kyno
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »
    are we going to get any warning before the change? Kyno
    They warned us already
    We’re working on ways of making it easier for you to earn shards, and plan to deploy these changes in time for our 5th anniversary release

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    They warned us already
    We’re working on ways of making it easier for you to earn shards, and plan to deploy these changes in time for our 5th anniversary release

Come on you know what he means.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    They warned us already

No, I dont. We are getting the warning now, not sure if we will get another warning.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Don't they typically do updates on Thursday's? The game anniversary is November 25, correct? The 26th would be the first Thursday after that. However, that is a holiday in the us. I would expect it on the 25th. That's my prediction.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Snowbird13 wrote: »

Don't they typically do updates on Thursday's? The game anniversary is November 25, correct? The 26th would be the first Thursday after that. However, that is a holiday in the us. I would expect it on the 25th. That's my prediction.

That week would be an off week for an update, as they tend to do them every other week. If we are making predictions, mine would be next week.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »

The anniversary is the 24 but this year they decided to go with the 25.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    They warned us already

No, I dont. We are getting the warning now, not sure if we will get another warning.

Yes that's what he meant. We got a vague warning before, he's asking if we'll get a hard date before it goes live.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    They warned us already

lol sure you do. I'd like to know if I need to do another 900k in bronziums today or not. It would be player-friendly to just say "this week" or "next update" (if we know whan that is).
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I feel like right now, the least they could make sure to do, considering they aren't actually addressing the issue yet, is give at least a week's notice before the update goes live. That way anyone concerned about the potential for anywhere between 1 and 12 months of lost SSC can spend all their ally points before the update goes through and have the update double their SSC
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They warned us already

lol sure you do. I'd like to know if I need to do another 900k in bronziums today or not. It would be player-friendly to just say "this week" or "next update" (if we know whan that is).

If you have the capability and are going to do something about anything you think is related to any update, I would probably plan to do it before the next possible update. (That's next week, most likely Thursday)

This is the warning, I dont think they have ever tried to give an hard date for an update as things can always happen and they dont like to make "bad promises".

Since they have never done that before, I would say, no it is not likely you will get another warning, other than the one you are being given.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They warned us already

If you have the capability and are going to do something about anything you think is related to any update, I would probably plan to do it before the next possible update. (That's next week, most likely Thursday)

This is the warning, I dont think they have ever tried to give an hard date for an update as things can always happen and they dont like to make "bad promises".

Since they have never done that before, I would say, no it is not likely you will get another warning, other than the one you are being given.

Given that they've also rarely had a period of updates as tumultuous and potentially problematic as they've had recently, I think it would behoove them to make an exception and tell us at least the "planned date and time" so that if things go wrong they can still wriggle out of it. But ideally, given that this update could (and is supposed to) change the entire state of the game economy, and stuff like Bronzium packs and 7*-ing existing toons to convert their shards should be done before the update. So it would be muuuuch nicer now to know how much time we have. As opposed to the past when very few updates have been as potentially controversial, and didn't overhaul an entire system in the game.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    They warned us already

Given that they've also rarely had a period of updates as tumultuous and potentially problematic as they've had recently

Lol
  • TVF wrote: »

Lol

Obviously the new guy. I mean, he keeps liking my posts.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.