Proper way to work with mods

Hello.
When I get a decent looking mod, I usually increase it to lvl 15 (in one go), then slice.
Is there a more proper way to work with mods? Or it doesn't matter if you slice first, or lvl it up?
Thanks

Replies

• You can’t slice a mod that isn’t level 15, so there’s no decision to make.

As for the levelling, I usually just take mods to the point of revealing all their secondaries before deciding whether or not to keep it.

Green mod: slice to level 9. If I like the secondaries, will then slice to level 12. For me, anything with no speed at all at level 9 is sold, <5 speed at level 12 is also sold.

Blue mod: as above, but slice to level 6. I don’t keep any blue mods with <8 speed these days

Purple mod: as above, but slice to level 3. I don’t keep any purple with <10 speed.

Gold mod: you can see all the secondaries, so only level it if you like them. I sell golds with no speed or <10 speed

The big improvement you could make is only slicing to 12. Saves credits, which you would only spend on the mods you WANT to take to 15.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    ^^This.

I've been a little more lax in my speed limits for selling, however, since the introduction 6D-A mods; though I have way more mods than I can slice to 6 anyway. Also, I probably wouldn't slice lower speed mods to 6 and gamble anyway (unless it's for like JKL or a fleet commander) and would just use new slicing mats to increase some other stat.
  • You can’t slice a mod that isn’t level 15, so there’s no decision to make.

As for the levelling, I usually just take mods to the point of revealing all their secondaries before deciding whether or not to keep it.

Green mod: slice to level 9. If I like the secondaries, will then slice to level 12. For me, anything with no speed at all at level 9 is sold, <5 speed at level 12 is also sold.

Blue mod: as above, but slice to level 6. I don’t keep any blue mods with <8 speed these days

Purple mod: as above, but slice to level 3. I don’t keep any purple with <10 speed.

Gold mod: you can see all the secondaries, so only level it if you like them. I sell golds with no speed or <10 speed

The big improvement you could make is only slicing to 12. Saves credits, which you would only spend on the mods you WANT to take to 15.

Thank you!