Refresh GC Rewards every 24hrs

Galactic Challenges still need to be improved upon. Personally, I feel like the game mode is not as repeatable as the players were led to believe; and, my hope is that CG is still looking for ways to engage the player base with this new mode to make it something more than the 20min of my time that it currently occupies for the 3 days that it's available. One way to do that would be to refresh the rewards every 24hrs. A simple refresh of the mod rewards on day 2, and then a refresh of the gear rewards on day 3 would be the easiest way to make this game mode feel like a daily event rather than an assault battle that just happens to be available for 3 days. I hope that the new in-game economy changes can lead to small changes like this becoming a norm in the near future.

Replies

• Cehmybro wrote: »
    Galactic Challenges still need to be improved upon. Personally, I feel like the game mode is not as repeatable as the players were led to believe

CG has altered the deal. Pray they do not alter it further.

Don't expect them to do anything we like with GC's.
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I do have to agree that I think the replayability is only there when you missed a feat with gear you want, or if you get bored and didn't three star one level. I also agree that a daily refresh of some sort would be great for the value of these challenges.

However, given that they apparently like the idea of wrapping new character releases in with these in a pseudo marquee event, I doubt they'd ever refresh the rewards. And they probably wouldn't take the time to go in and refresh specific types of rewards (ie JUST the gear or JUST the mod slicers) because anything of serious technical difficulty tends to either be put off for a huuuuuge update or thrown out as an idea altogether. And since they obviously don't want to give 100+ shards of a marquee character, they won't refresh GC rewards as long as they intend to have them as an option for new releases.
  • I just want 6* mod slicing materials to be farmable on cantina nodes already
  • Honestly, I'd be absolutely delighted with GCs if they would simply run it a second time during the week. One on Friday for 3 days (one set of rewards is fine) and then one on Monday or Tuesday. It's odd they don't do that, given the propensity to trot out old content continuously in other areas of the game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I'd be okay with everything but the mod slices being a "first time" reward, and the mod slices resetting every day of the event. Especially given how long it takes to upgrade a single mod to 6A.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I just want 6* mod slicing materials to be farmable on cantina nodes already

Do you mean mod energy nodes ?

Yea
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    refresh would make GC an other chore. feeling pressured to clear it daily. maybe lower the duration of the event a bit?

with the future autocomplete feature you'd just need to do the highest tier that you can complete and it'll give the rewards for all lower tiers
    probably a matter of 5-10min max
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg