First "Meta" Team - 5 Year Anniversary

2Next

Replies

• Droid Zerg
    Thrawn, DT, storm, shore, tarkin
    Magma cheese
  • Mine was an anti meta team. Hk 47 lead droids, ig86-88...hmm what was the other 2? Later on java engineer and nebit entered the fray. I survived with it till chase meta.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Mine was an anti meta team. Hk 47 lead droids, ig86-88...hmm what was the other 2? Later on java engineer and nebit entered the fray. I survived with it till chase meta.

I think I entered the meta slightly after this, the Chaze meta. Wiggs Chaze and Lando.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I've never taken 1st in squad arena, so I've never known the joy of a squad that could just beat anyone, any time.

But I was among the first people to get Han's Millennium Falcon, and I immediately burned my way through the Fleet Arena ranks. I'd been up near 50 and then all of a sudden I was taking first every day.

So because of my "collect everything" foresight, I lagged behind in Squad (just too many toons to gear & I didn't make efficient enough decisions on gearing only the toons I absolutely needed + the biggest thing was probably that even when I had good toons, I hadn't been spending on collecting mods & my mods were terrible compared to the top Arena competitors), but I had all the Bounty Hunters & their ships. Got 6* Falcon the first time the event came by & 7* the second. Trashed everything in sight.

Now THAT was meta.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    The first meta team I (sort of) remember using included Geo Soldier, QGJ, Royal Guard, STHan and it was under a Dooku lead.
    Although I may be mid-remembering/mixing a few metas together....someone can correct me.

Awhile later I remember getting Rey (before they added the “Scavenger” part to her name). As she was leaving the meta I remember saying to a guild mate that she hit so hard that I couldn’t imagine a time when she wouldn’t be a top toon.

The only time I’ve ever been wrong.

Anyone else get shivers remembering back to any of the "dodge metas"....

The Teebo one or the most hated Zaul one?
  • MasterSeedy, I have to agree with you about HMF, but I was taking first in fleet for a long time before that ship. Seems that folks just didn't really work too hard on their fleets in my shard, except for the couple of scoundrels that liked to stay at #1 all hours of the day.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Yeah, I've come to appreciate that my fleet shard isn't very active either. I mean, I can be proud of taking 1st more than 350 days per year (I only miss it when I miss attacking, I don't try and fail), but the truth is that we really don't have that many true meta competitors. It's uncommon that I fall past #10 overnight.

On rare occasions, I don't even fall out of the top 5.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    The first meta team I (sort of) remember using included Geo Soldier, QGJ, Royal Guard, STHan and it was under a Dooku lead.
    Although I may be mid-remembering/mixing a few metas together....someone can correct me.

Awhile later I remember getting Rey (before they added the “Scavenger” part to her name). As she was leaving the meta I remember saying to a guild mate that she hit so hard that I couldn’t imagine a time when she wouldn’t be a top toon.

Probably the Dooku or Old Ben lead one - before zetas were even introduced.
  • Evasion meta - dooku lead / QGJ
    Nuke teams - Wedge bros and rebels
    Maul sith teams
    CLS and R2D2 domination!!!

Good old days...
  • Waqui wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Probably the Dooku or Old Ben lead one - before zetas were even introduced.

Yeah, has to be the Dooku/Old Ben (and mono-faction teams with the appropriate leaders) meta. Zeta Maul didn't last very long since R2 came around shortly after.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Zeta Maul didn't last very long since R2 came around shortly after.

Except I hadn't been working on Empire, so I missed r2 the first time round. Got him the 2nd time, which came early because they wanted to give another chance to get him for the 1st occurrence of the CLS event. I was farming like crazy & just managed to get r2 with 2-3 days left in the week long event ... but then I needed so many Mk3 Holos to get him geared enough to beat the CLS event. I almost didn't make it. Got CLS with hours to go.

THEN Maul was toast, but that Zaul meta lasted forever for me, watching my guild mates laugh about how they were ghosting the bad Sith while I was struggling along without my droid helper. Felt like it lasted a thousand years.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    My first team to make it to top 3 was Dooku(L), GS, QGJ, RG and Old Daka. GS and QGJ each had 50% chance to call a stunner with their specials. It was fun when I managed to stun the entire enemy team one by one.
  • I remember getting in around the time of Ben/Maul lead, just before R2 released.
    Personally I've never been on top with any Meta team until I unlocked SLKR yesterday lmao
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • sndnichols
    85 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Wiggs, OB is mine, IIRC. I know I hated the chaze team so much, I still don't have them 7* at 5.7M or whatever it is