GAS and clone zeta priority

Amadeuswhite11
73 posts Member
edited November 2020
So I’m working toward GAS and saving up zetas but I’m wondering what the zeta priority is for GAS/501st clones. Do I really need all 9 or are there any that are not quite as important?

Also while I’m waiting to unlock GAS I’ll probably make a temporary Shaak Ti clone squad because I’ll be working on those characters anyway. Should I bother giving her zetas? I know they are good but I feel like after I unlock GAS they will be kind of useless. Any thoughts?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• All the zetas are important but i think fives is best
  • How far are you away from gas
  • I forget which one it is, but I'm pretty sure it's Rex's that reduces the cooldowns of other clones?

In my experience that one did the least to help me & I really didn't want it until the KAM mission. In the KAM mission you're so close to losing at every single moment that anything you can do - even flexing ARC's turret buff back & forth to take advantage of current TM - is a plus.

Ultimately, then, I'd get them all, but I'd get that one last.

First two would be both of Fives' zetas: Tactical Awareness first, then Domino Squad. They're useful in any lineup (as long as Fives isn't the only 501st clone).

ARC's ARC Arsenal is very powerful under a Shaak Ti lead, and isn't bad under other leaders while Fives is alive if you're using his special to call ARC to assist. That seems situational as well, but you'll get more counters and assists than you'll get dodged attacks (necessary to trigger Echo's zeta) except against specific teams that generate foresight. I'd do ARC 3rd for that reason.

Echo's Domino Squad is situationally useful. It's very fun to use against Foresight-heavy squads.

Rex is last.

Obviously the GAS zetas are a different story. I would probably do them in the following order, though certainly other opinions are valid:
    • Hero with No Fear
    • Chosen 1
    • General of the 501st
    • Furious Slash.

• How far are you away from gas
    I’m still farming some characters and need a lot of gear so hopefully just under 3 months.

• Well someone in our guild has all zetas on shaak ti and he is always getting top in squad and in my opinion is completely worth it as it can do lots of damage in hstr raid as well
  • temporary Shaak Ti clone squad because I’ll be working on those characters anyway. Should I bother giving her zetas? I know they are good but I feel like after I unlock GAS they will be kind of useless. Any thoughts?

Whoops! I missed this question.

LukesSkywalkers8976 is correct. They are worth it. In addition to other uses along the way, her zetas are vital to getting KAM shards in LS Geo TB.

Remember that Shaak has a dispel on her basic, so even when she's not leading clones her retribution allows her to take a hit, counter attack the Taunter, dispel the taunt. It works quite well when you're facing AoE attackers + a taunting tank. I've used it very effectively in the Assault Battle for Jedi. (Ground War? I think?)

In any case, they're worth it. That doesn't mean that they're definitely your top priority zeta - maybe you have another you need even more right now? - but they're definitely worth it.
  • Well someone in our guild has all zetas on shaak ti and he is always getting top in squad and in my opinion is completely worth it as it can do lots of damage in hstr raid as well

Shaak squad is only viable in early shard. If GLs appear, goodbye.
  • You can ignore Echo's zeta completely. It is so situational (Padme with GMY is really the only team that it benefits against) that it's hardly worth the mats.

All other zetas are good though.
    I already have Darth Revan so I wouldn’t use Shaak Ti in the arena
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Required: Rex, Fives - Tactical Awareness, GAS - Hero with no Fear, GAS - Chosen One
    Suggested Next: Fives - Domino Squad, both Shaak Zetas
    Last and really not necessary: Echo, Arc, last two GAS zetas

You only need the zeta on GAS basic when you want to progress in his LSTB SM otherwise it is a completely wasted zeta.