The Galaxy of Heroes Developer Tracker [MEGA]

13Next

Replies

• BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Is devtracker dead? The last action was done on 9 January by Crumb. There were so much hype about it when it had been introduced.... Does anyone know?

He has been busy. He is still trying to get tophat to answer the TB question that wasn't answered in the Nov Q&A. He still hasnt got a answer and its March and they work in the same building.

Plus since the last update there are at least 10 to 20 new bugs, nute, anakin, ht, buzz, gk, sith raid p3 is broken again, Ga$, events repayable on days they aren't running if you can exploit it... etc... there is just way too many bugs to keep track of now so I think they gave up.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    They were here to begin with??
  • Wait - don't forget the website. that hasn't been updated in nearly two years!
  • @CG_SBCrumb Is this thing dead? No updates at all since January 9th?
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Its official.

The dev tracker app has been self quarantined.

Edit: actually it died 3 months ago. Checked out before all this chaos.

Dev Tracker Tombstone
    August 20, 2019 - December 19, 2019
    "Abandoned at a young age"
    R.I.P.
    Post edited by BobcatSkywalker on
  • @Kyno does it make sense to have this thread anymore? The Dev Tracker hasn't been updated in like 5 months.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Kyno does it make sense to have this thread anymore? The Dev Tracker hasn't been updated in like 5 months.

Thats not my call to make
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno does it make sense to have this thread anymore? The Dev Tracker hasn't been updated in like 5 months.

That's not my call to make

Can you move it to archive then? Or somewhere other than General? It's really silly that it is permanently one of the top 5 topics in General even though it is totally useless.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

That's not my call to make

Can you move it to archive then? Or somewhere other than General? It's really silly that it is permanently one of the top 5 topics in General even though it is totally useless.

Unless CG just wants to remind us that they dropped the ball on this project and never follow through. Or maybe they want us to know that they are not working on fixing any of the bugs in the game. Having it here isnt that bad. We know they aren't working on anything because the tracker conforms they are working on absolutely nothing at all.
  • I never found the Dev tracker to be terribly helpful, as it only ever showed the high-profile bugs that already got coverage in the forums. It never showed the low-priority stuff that I was interested in, like the IG-88 quest.

In any case, if they don't feel like the time investment to update it is valuable, that's fine with me. Just make a decision one way or another, and clear out the prominent forum links if it's dead. Otherwise you end up with zombie threads like this one, with the occasional person chiming in asking when the next update is going to happen...
  • Ciszero
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Ultra wrote: »
    Not sure if they have given up on updating the Dev Tracker or given up on fixing anything.

by the looks of it. the updates all date back to 2019.. not much going on on Trello. kinda pointless to promote it then
  • Ciszero wrote: »
    Not sure if they have given up on updating the Dev Tracker or given up on fixing anything.

by the looks of it. the updates all date back to 2019.. not much going on on Trello. kinda pointless to promote it then
  • giphy.gif
  • This is harder to find than a Road Ahead update
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Can we sticky this again, so that we can talk about tracker updates?
    Doja wrote:
    While I feel like I could retire now and leave behind a solid legacy given this feat, I will endeavor to keep pushing for more community-focused goodness.

75a6e4635d26603d64b9675c00756014.500x206x21.gif
  • Has the dev tracker been resurrected from its grave?

But honestly if they bring it back and actually use it that would be good. It was introduced used for couple weeks and forgotten about for what 6 or 10 months... It was just taking up space on the general screen until they unstickied it.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett one of the big ones missing from the latest tracker update has been going on for a very long time. This bug is regarding the b2 droid or Geo Alpha not spawning during DSGeoTB combat/special missions.

There is a ton of bugs reported in the bug section of the forums and a lot of those seem to have been just missing now.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    There is a missing turn meter bar bug that isn't reported in dev tracker (isn't being worked on yet? Team is unaware of it?)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Enemy-turn-meter-bar-not-displaying/td-p/9567446

Its a pretty serious bug since its a turn based game
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There is a missing turn meter bar bug that isn't reported in dev tracker (isn't being worked on yet? Team is unaware of it?)

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Enemy-turn-meter-bar-not-displaying/td-p/9567446

Not every bug makes the tracker, there is a message in that post that they are investigating it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Not every bug makes the tracker, there is a message in that post that they are investigating it.

Three weeks ago, and then they were silent

these kinds of severe bugs is what i would've expected to go on the tracker but i'm not sure if they are even aware if this is an ongoing issue
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Three weeks ago, and then they were silent

these kinds of severe bugs is what i would've expected to go on the tracker but i'm not sure if they are even aware if this is an ongoing issue

I understand, you are asking if they are aware, and they stated that on the thread.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    why wouldn't this one go on the tracker?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    why wouldn't this one go on the tracker?

I dont know, but from my understanding the person who posted they are aware of this is the person who updates the tracker.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    tell them to git gud at updating the tracker ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2020
    TVF wrote: »
    tell them to git gud at updating the tracker ;)

Maybe someone needs to get gud at reading the dev tracker....hehe
    8iz315k88jp3.jpg
    @Ultra
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    It's definitely Ultra
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Jesse-Pinkman-Breaking-Bad-Drinking-Water.gif